Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In my opinion, Dell...

Default In my opinion, Dell...

has the absolute... BEST customer support. I got my monitor today. After saying it was broken, 2 days ago. I asked them when would I get it. They told me the 13th of this month.

I got it TODAY!

A brand new monitor. To replace my funky one that blew on me. HELL YEAH!

Go buy a Dell.. they have improved, believe it or not. They used to SUCK.

My son has had the same good experiences with Dell. I've actually not had anything break when using Dell.
    Last edited by dogboy; 12-May-2009 at 01:57.

I refused to purchase from Dell when they moved their customer support to India. Just because they got those $1 an-hour slaves to do the job correctly doesn't mean I support them.

I used to work for their customer support. In all honesty, the early arrival of the monitor was probably due to the carrier doing their job for once and not Dell doing theirs.

Still, the person you spoke to could have had something to do with it. All in all, tech support quality entirely depends on the person you get to speak to. Some are awesome and will go out of their way to help you (and in this case might have kept an eye on the monitor they ordered for you). Others already hate you from the second their phone starts ringing no matter how nice you are.

Anyways, good for you

I hated dell...... they told me the wrong specs on the computer i bought from them -_-. Personally I use alienware .

When my keyboard died, I phoned them up at 4pm, next day guy turns up. New keyboard, I love onsite warranties, but had no idea they were that good, until I realises I has bought a next working day one.

In my opinion Dell has terrible customer support, in the past 2 years I have asked them over a 100 times to fix my sound device and no one has ever come and done it.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten53 View Post
    In my opinion Dell has terrible customer support, in the past 2 years I have asked them over a 100 times to fix my sound device and no one has ever come and done it.
    Well what the hell are you doing wrong? Just call them and they'll come, though if your laptop is outside of the warranty you'll have to pay.

Darkfinn

IMO Dell is overpriced. It's like buying clothes from Abercrombie or something... you are paying for the brand name. Their products and service are equal to any other brand in the industry, you just pay a few hundred more for them.

Case in point... my new Compaq/HP laptop cost me right at $500 delivered to my door. A similarly equipped unit from Dell would have run me $700.

I just don't see the need to spend the extra money to get the fancy name stamped on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten53 View Post
    .. Sound device? Download the correct drivers, dude.
    This sounds to me like a driver problem.

What kind of laptop and what are your specs?

Let me know I'll tell you how to fix it.