Want a new choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

woolyDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm bored! Bored with the lack of choice of adult nappies available in the UK.
I've stacks of plastic backed abena M4's to work my way through so got plenty of supplies.
I just want something nice that feels right. I want a white blank nappy that isn't covered cartoon pictures or colourful patterns and is PLASTIC BACKED.
The abena M4 are ok but they are just a little too small and the L4 are a little too big. I really dont like the printed pattern on them either.
I like the ABU simples and now they have UK distribution thats better.. just they are expensive.
My favourite nappy is the confidry 24/7, the fit is perfect in medium as they are large size mediums. It's a shame they are so expensive, plus the mediums are getting hard to find in Europe never mind impossible in UK.
Betterdry are not bad in large, i find the fluff and gel goes hard when wet and weighs a lot between your legs.
I'm looking at the Rearz origional but again they seem very pricy for what they are in comparison to other medical nappies.

I'm after suggestions and inspiration please...

Well, the problem I see if that you want something really plain looking (white without print), which leaves out a lot of really good options, but somebody should be able to offer some options more readily more available and cheaper in the UK/Europe.

In your neck of the woods you can get MyDiaper White pretty cheap from SaveExpress. Comfy, decent capacity, sizes a little small.

Cuddlz I think is produced over there also. They have a rev1 single tape and rev2 double tape. I don't know if the rev1 is available in all-white, but the dry dayz pattern is mostly white. Rev2 is only available in all-white, though rev2 capacity is a lot less than rev1. The rev2 are actually a very good single tape diaper IMO.

And of course BetterDry. I prefer their prints (crinklz/astronaut/aquanaut) but their base BetterDry is 100% white without so much as a hard tape panel. very soft shell.

i was gonna recommend dry 24/7. they are the best diaper i have ever used. rearz inspire+ are on my bucketlist, although i must say im semi doubtful i will like them over dry 24/7

Hmm, not enough choice with ABU, Nappies4U, and over the ditch you have Diaper Minister

Try living in the colonies :(

okram said:
Try living in the colonies :(

Whose colonies? I believe that there are 8 nations that still have a combined total of 50-60 colonies...ish.

Its not an ultimate absorbency product, but have you tried the drylife slip super?

There about as absorbent as an M/L4, plain white plastic, available from incontinence shop or NRU.

Nappies r Us have also started stocking some high capacity nappies, with solid coloured plastic shells like forma care xplus.

bambinod said:
In your neck of the woods you can get MyDiaper White pretty cheap from SaveExpress. Comfy, decent capacity, sizes a little small..

My suggestion as well, the fit is different than Abena, more panty shaped and run smaller like Bambinod said... They also have a taping panel... Does a taping panel interest you?

Well, back in the day....

There is always the homemade makeshift diaper where you use a towel diaper and a white plastic garbage bag with holes poked in for your legs.

:smile1:

But seriously, what exactly are you looking for? There are more options out there today than have ever existed before. I was going to recommend the Absorbancy Plus Diapers by XP Medical. --I believe this would have fit your description to almost perfection, they are basic, white with no medical type print or such. A simple white and comfortable diaper.

But unfortunately they were discontinued (plus I don't know what the shipping overseas to the UK would have been)

So, I guess my recommendation is for now has to be the dry 24/7, even though they are expensive, they otherwise match what you have described you are looking for.

Confidry 24/7 is my favorite diaper too! And true it is very hard to find in Europe, I hope that Save Express imports some more in the future.

Meanwhile I really recommend trying out MyDiaper and EasySlip. None of those diapers are as bulky as Confidry, but the feel of the plastic is excellent, especially with EasySlip. While Abena has somewhat "hard" plastic on their diapers, MyDiaper and EasySlip has this soft and comfortable plastic like those early 90's Pampers. They both got really good tapes too and Mydiaper even has landing zone that makes tapes refastenable multiple times. As I am also a fan of all-white plastic diapers, I'm gonna try at least the following: MyDiaper X-Plus, Inspire +InControl, Buntewindel weiss, Nona Classic Slip super and Diaper Minister.

askmelater47 said:
i was gonna recommend dry 24/7. they are the best diaper i have ever used. rearz inspire+ are on my bucketlist, although i must say im semi doubtful i will like them over dry 24/7

Resistance Is Futile. You Will Be Assimilated.

Thank you for the replies so far. I'll answer a few of the suggestions and points raised.

I've tried My Diaper from save express, i seem to remember they were nice but quite expensive unless i order a case. I seem to remember that they were nice but i only bought one pack as a did a massive order of other varieties too.

I have some BetterDry large, I find these very comfortable, good wide tapes. The only issue i have with them is they go hard when wet.

Cuddlz have a base or distribution outlet in Macclesfield which is 45 mins from where i live, I've ordered 2 samples of the all white nappies to try.

Rearz wanted more than £120 shipping for their products so that's out! If i do an order with ABDL Factory I may indulge in a pack to try. The Incontinence Shop/Nappies 4U (same place) don't supply all the Rearz range. They seem to focus on the AB style more.

From the Inco shop I tried the Drylife range, I called into the office when it was setting up and they gave me a sample of the medium and large nappies. They weren't bad but not the best. The plastic backing and padding felt very hard and stiff. Plus it was the usual story of the medium too small and the large too big.

The best idea i've heard of was the Absorbency Plus Briefs from XP medical as suggested. They did the 3 normal sizes plus an extra called 'regular' sized between medium and large. Brilliant i thought but Save Express wouldn't stock them due to storage limitations they said when i asked. A real shame as the spec on the Absorbancy Plus nappies was perfect and now i see they are discontinued.

Confidry 24/7 seems to be out of stock at Factory and they, I think are the only suppliers in Europe.

Looking on Diaper Minister I found something new. https://www.diaper-minister.com/shop/en/home/295-white-max-large.html

These look interesting and will be looking to get some sent over I think. Never seen these before, look reasonable so shall be making a purchase i think...

I live in the US, and most brands of medical diapers are horrible. It's not just a UK thing. With the recent addition of Crinklz/Better Dry, it's widened the availability, but beyond Dry 24/7 and ABDL diapers, there's really not much of a choice here. I don't consider Abena a premium brand anymore, they've gone on the cheap end of quality. I believe there's a way better selection in Europe when it comes to medical diapers. Tena is probably one of the best all around brands. US Tena doesn't even come close to comparison. BetterDry is a very good brand, they become stiffer when wet, but they seem to relax more as they get wetter. They wick better than most, and don't have pressout issues like Abena. The tapes can sometimes fail, but they are placed very well to get a good fit around the legs.

It seems you have a very picky pallette when it comes to diapers. To become bored with what's available just seems silly. You want boring white diapers, worry about stiffness and want maximum results without spending the money to get better stuff. You have to compromise something. There's plenty of great brands available in Europe. Maybe you should widen your expectations or loosen your narrow field.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was going to say the same thing. Betterdry does get slightly stiffer when you first wet them. However, keep wetting them and they will become extremely soft and squishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back