Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which countries have the best diapers/selection?

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    you'd have a better shot with cloth diapers...
    I'm not saying I specifically wish for it to happen, but I bet people would like countries specific design disposable as another way to be "patriotic" for ones own country; I also recognize how badly some people react to things they dislike (even if it doesn't need to involve them).

What is best? I cant complain About the Netherlands. We can get everybrand in the world accept carousel because they don’t know how to ship them for a decent price. Shipping is the real issue: a container from China costs around 2 cts per diaper because there are more than 50.000 diapers in a container. Individual packages are insane. Sending a package from France to Florida is cheaper than sending the package from Alaska to Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland007 View Post
    What is best? I cant complain About the Netherlands. We can get everybrand in the world accept carousel because they don’t know how to ship them for a decent price. Shipping is the real issue: a container from China costs around 2 cts per diaper because there are more than 50.000 diapers in a container. Individual packages are insane. Sending a package from France to Florida is cheaper than sending the package from Alaska to Florida.
    That's why smart companies (Like ABUniverse) eventually make different points of operation (with warehouses and shipping departments) in multiple countries/continents, that way they can charge less and have more customers by getting whole shipping containers sent to different areas instead of having stuff shipped to one location and then shipped worldwide (which would cost insane money the further the smaller packages that a customer buys would have to go)

Slomo

Overall I'd say Germany has the best engineered (most absorbent and reliable) diapers. Go figure.

Thankfully we can get those diapers in the US and across the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    Overall I'd say Germany has the best engineered (most absorbent and reliable) diapers. Go figure.

Thankfully we can get those diapers in the US and across the EU.
    Yeah, Germany seems intent to show the world how awesome they are at everything, that's how it ought to be with any well developed country though, anything that is done well is something people can take real pride in, making cheap crap is like a badge of dishonor (which China and other Asian countries seem to do every day, not that they dont have good products too though).

From.what I can tell with different diapers though is it seems several Countries in Europe make good (mostly medical style) diapers, just that some are better than others (maybe by a little, maybe by a lot).