Thread: is UPS good for delivering diapers?

Default is UPS good for delivering diapers?

i being sent diapers by a friend from out of state. will UPS not deliver them?

Why wouldn't they deliver them? UPS is hinky about alcohol (law) and hazmats, but diapers? No problem. Now they don't wait around very long. My UPS guy rings the doorbell and runs, but the box is on the porch.

angelabauer

Each year I buy about 20 cases of Attends from Care Givers Partnership. All of those are drop shipped via UPS directly from the Attends factory in North Carolina. The same nice guy has been or primary UPS driver since 1991, although we have moved 3 times. Never has he indicated he knows the contents, nor has a case ever gone missing.

I must say that we get a lot of stuff delivered to our house, by UPS, Fed-Ex and the USPS. Often nobody is home, but the delivery folks are careful. Come Christmas we make sure all of our regular delivery folks are very happy!

Darkfinn

All my diapers come either UPS or FedEx... they deliver just fine.

Never trust the postal service though.

Quote Originally Posted by angelabauer View Post
    Each year I buy about 20 cases of Attends from Care Givers Partnership. All of those are drop shipped via UPS directly from the Attends factory in North Carolina. The same nice guy has been or primary UPS driver since 1991, although we have moved 3 times. Never has he indicated he knows the contents, nor has a case ever gone missing.

I must say that we get a lot of stuff delivered to our house, by UPS, Fed-Ex and the USPS. Often nobody is home, but the delivery folks are careful. Come Christmas we make sure all of our regular delivery folks are very happy!
    To answer the main question, yes UPS is fantastic for diaper delivery.

Angela: What kind of Attends are they? If they're the old kind with the blue tapes, I need a way to contact these people. *grin* I miss those diapers more than I can even explain.

my local UPS guy just dumps packages and runs... even if they aren't diapers

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by balancedchaos View Post
    Angela: What kind of Attends are they? If they're the old kind with the blue tapes, I need a way to contact these people. *grin* I miss those diapers more than I can even explain.
    I have a standing order for a case (96) Attends Breathable EA Small every 3 weeks. Only if I am way ahead do I ask them to skip a shipment. I like the Breathable because they are discreet and the fact they are thinish is no problem for me because I change often to avoid my own sweat irritating me.

I only order Attends Youth Briefs when I am down to half a case (96 to the case) Those were called Attends Small for years and are a classic design with a poly-plastic outer layer and two sticky tapes per side. Mostly I wear those to bed when I am feeling so sick I cannot be sure of my bowel control. I also wear them to bed when traveling because the poly-plastic slides on sheets without the cling of cloth-like that pulls gaps which leak. In 2008 I ordered 3 cases of Youth.

The cat number for Youth is: BRCL1000
    The cat number for Breathable EA Small is: BRBX10

People who are polite with Attends customer service find they are really generous about samples, which is the way to decide if a size and style will be right for you. I am a petite woman so my choices of disposables is limited.

Quote Originally Posted by angelabauer View Post
    I have a standing order for a case (96) Attends Breathable EA Small every 3 weeks. Only if I am way ahead do I ask them to skip a shipment. I like the Breathable because they are discreet and the fact they are thinish is no problem for me because I change often to avoid my own sweat irritating me.

I only order Attends Youth Briefs when I am down to half a case (96 to the case) Those were called Attends Small for years and are a classic design with a poly-plastic outer layer and two sticky tapes per side. Mostly I wear those to bed when I am feeling so sick I cannot be sure of my bowel control. I also wear them to bed when traveling because the poly-plastic slides on sheets without the cling of cloth-like that pulls gaps which leak. In 2008 I ordered 3 cases of Youth.

The cat number for Youth is: BRCL1000
    The cat number for Breathable EA Small is: BRBX10

People who are polite with Attends customer service find they are really generous about samples, which is the way to decide if a size and style will be right for you. I am a petite woman so my choices of disposables is limited.
    Well thanks a lot for the info (and the super-quick response). I'll look into it when I can. You're the best. *grin*