Need help picking a Velcro or snap on cloth diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powderedbum

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I’m wanting to try a cloth diaper but need one that can absorb a lot like overnight. Can anyone tell me which would be the best to get and the pros and cons of cloth. Thanks

I'd heartily recommend the Rearz Bulky Fitted Nighttime cloth diaper. I have five of them and plan to buy more.

You'll need plastic pants, of course, but the diaper itself is first rate ... very absorbent and, thanks to Velcro® with protective coverings, easier to put on and wash than prefolds that use pins.

I 'stuff' mine with a toddler-sized prefold and, to date, I've experienced only one leak. I guess the cons, compared to disposables, are the washing and drying time involved. Because the diaper is fairly thick, it seldom dries in one cycle. Other than that, I cannot find a fault with the Rearz product, and I've been wearing cloth diapers since 1985.

Compared to everything else I've tried, these are the best.

I'm fond of Dependeco's all-in-one diapers. They make pocket diapers and training pants and stuff as well.

I like them for 2 main reasons. Reason number 1, they use two velcro tabs to close, on each side. I feel this gives me a better fit than a single velcro tab per side, or any variety of snappy ones. There's even a little spot to velcro the tabs to when you wash the diaper, so it can stay open but not have the velcro get all screwed up. Reason number 2, you can get a color other than white for the liner (all of my diapers from them either have a black or light brown liner). I'm not as worried about stains, etc, from the colored liners. Once I got some with black liners, I could use them instead of disposables while I was nearing, and on, my period. I'm incontinent, so I'm happy with the solid colored designs instead of the patterns they offer, but there's a huge variety of patterned designs as well.

As sbmccue said, they do take longer to dry. I usually start them in the dryer, then finish them hanging on a rack in my room. Another slight issue is how to deal with them if you change while out in public (I keep a couple wetbags from Planet Wise in my backpack for that).

Thanks for the info. Do all of them require plastic pants or can you get ones that don’t leak through

Even all-in-ones will leak, so if you're sleeping in them, I'd highly recommend plastic pants!

I like Monika and the Dependeco products are first-rate. They are not, however, ideal for me ... for a number of reasons that Monika has admitted she doesn't want to address. Her products remind strongly of the old Depends button-ons. I have a couple and never use them.

The Rearz BFNs also have the Velcro® coverups, which are very handy when the diapers are in the washer or dryer.

I love my ecoable diapers they are scaled up the new style baby diapers
I like snap on are my choice.
Velcro tends to wear out in washers and the dryers.

I sleep in super heavy weight nite diapers triple boosted from Angelfluff with Velcro, i prefer Velcro for infinite repositioning, with snap a you really can't "custome fit" because there are only so many adjustment snaps a product without it being a sea of snaps, i like to go to bed with more capacity than I probably need ,my sleeping is irregular and unpredictable , i also wear bloomers at night if anything gets past the diaper the first time it will catch it the second leaks don't escape bloomers ,they were specificaly designed for bedridden or sitting long periods time ,i am somewhere in the middle . The pros of cloth is money savings I bought my diapers 11+ years ago , so the initial outlay seems steep but over time a good cloth diaper will be making you money , if the Velcro wears out you get a seam ripper remove it sew a new piece on , a snap wears out and or breaks getting it off without destroying the diaper is almost impossible you can get an anvil snap setter and every one has a hammer, but in replacing the snap you may have permanately comprojised the diapers fit.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Powderedbum said:
I’m wanting to try a cloth diaper but need one that can absorb a lot like overnight. Can anyone tell me which would be the best to get and the pros and cons of cloth. Thanks
That depends on how you sleep, and how heavy you wet at night, most people are side sleepers, if that's the case, you should go with traditional prefolds.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back