Smelly diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t add much to this - yes good hydration is key as it limit coffee for me - I use the yellow coded tiger bag things for my wet diapers - and get take about 4 days to fill up - so I have a bag of wet diapers in my room at all times - I have been told there is a vague smell that I have been nise blinded to - but it’s not so terrible that others won’t even Walk past my bedroom door

So I guess I drink enough liquid and don’t eat asparagus that often ��

unless theres a bm smell never has been a real issue for me.

ST50 said:
My urine is much more concentrated during the hot weather.

yep, I've been noticing that too! Lately my diaper's not been nearly as wet in the morning, but sure is more yellow!

My stinky wet diapers are always only in my handicapped-adapted bathroom, not my bedroom.

I have a really hard time imagining that anyone's wet diaper doesn't start to smell after about six or eight hours. When it's on, the smell can sometimes be concealed but the odors make their way out when you sit down or otherwise substantially disturb the diaper. And there's no way people's garbage/diaper pails don't smell, at least when opened, come on! I don't mind the smell much, it kind of adds to the baby feeling, but it's certainly there!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

teddytugger said:
I have a really hard time imagining that anyone's wet diaper doesn't start to smell after about six or eight hours. When it's on, the smell can sometimes be concealed but the odors make their way out when you sit down or otherwise substantially disturb the diaper. And there's no way people's garbage/diaper pails don't smell, at least when opened, come on! I don't mind the smell much, it kind of adds to the baby feeling, but it's certainly there!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mine actually -doesn't- though. The diaper pail that is. And I'm still chalking it up to that bathroom being really cold when the AC is running. So it's almost like a refrigerator for diapers. :laugh:

I can't say anything about wearing for 6-8 hours, I only do that at work and I do TRY to stay dry throughout most of it or I change at break when I'm wet.

Yes, HEAT and temperature compounds the smell.

It is excessively hot here right now, and while away from home I had a very wet diaper and meant to dispose of it away from where I was staying. I put it in a plastic grocery bag, then in a ziplock bag and put it in my toiletry (appropriate don't you think) bag, that contained my razor, toothbrush, toothpaste, contact solution, medications, etc., that I had packed for the trip. I intended to dispose of it right away at the nearest gas station, but I forgot about it and it was in the trunk of the car for about 12 hours when it was over 102 degrees outside.

When I went to get my toiletry bag and finally dispose of it, the entire bag and all of the contents had a very strong urine smell that has yet to go away. It absorbed in the fibers and even on the plastic containers. I washed the contents and the bag, but it still has a slight scent of pee.

So... a word of caution, don't let your wet used diapers stay out in the heat, even if they are wrapped in plastic.

I know I smell of urine if I don't change often in this heat. My wife notices it more than I do.

I have had a few wet diapers rolled up in my garbage basket this week, they haven't given off a noticeable smell to me at least. I have roommates so I always try and be cautious of it. I think that this morning when I woke up and wet my diaper and fell back asleep for a few hours there was a smell when I took it off but I think it was enclosed by the rolling of the diaper.

If i have a smelly diaper i change it A S A P. keep extra pants with me.
keep calm and change your diaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back