Rearz still trademarking ABDL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's dumb.

So, who's trademarking "LGBT" now?

I was giving some thought to ordering stuff from them, but I think I'd rather not. At least not for a while to see if they're going to try and take the literal descriptor of their potential clients. (And no, they can't just 'trademark' it and not defend it. That's not how it works, and not how it's ever worked. If you aren't going to defend it, don't bother with trademarking.)

This is unbelievable. You would expect this company to have learned by now.
Unfortunately they are producing very good diapers but I can do without them until this problem is solved. I also wrote Rearz an email.

If the community hurts the profit of Rearz it maybe that will change their mind about it real quick with them trying to trademark ABDL. That or they lose their customer's base in the community.

Wow damn.

Just when I thought it was safe to get back into Rearz they go and put on the scary clown mask again.

If it is true that they are actively still trying to control the term after their last attempt lost them so much credibility recently then it’s not a company I would do business with again.

As far as the term ABDL goes I remember from the hoorah last time lots of peeps expressed it isn’t representative enough of the community anyway... I can see DL works even though I am technically a Nappy Lover (NL?) what term would work better for those attaining little space and should the 2 necessarily be together?

In a similar vein I love that Furries are often associated with our community but is that because of crossover e.g. you can be furry and a diaper lover or little?

Well, yet another reason to avoid purchasing from them. Honestly, I thought they learned their lesson the first time around.

I don't think anyone here would argue that their signature diapers aren't great. I've often sung the praises of the Rearz Safari as one of the thickest, best performing diapers around, but their business practices and decisions leave much to be desired.

A few years ago, they were the talk of the ABDL community, especially in Canada being one of the few known brick and mortar ABDL stores in Canada/North America. After my first few purchases from them however, I immediately made the switch to ABUniverse Canada and Day Nite Care. Outside of this whole trademark debacle, I find their price point and mark-up, especially when taken into consideration with their shipping options/prices, can be absolutely ludicrous and actually works in the favour of their American clientele as opposed to their innate Canadian clientele. I have also heard horror stories about dealing with them online, stories that contrast starkly with the great in-person service they are reported to provide. I had a friend who purchased over a hundred dollars worth of stuff from them once and they wouldn't partially refund him or send him a replacement pack of diapers when one of the packs he opened had a very noticeable manufacturing or possibly a transport error that rendered the diapers unusable, he even sent them pictures and everything and the representative at Rearz basically said that the error was his own doing and that they can't accept returns or replace opened packages (like wtf :confused:)

Until they drop this trademark nonsense and revise some of their policies and price points, I'll gladly stick with ABU Canada and Day Nite Care, as far as I'm concerned they're better Canadian suppliers anyway. ABU Canada ships promptly and even though their Canadian stock takes some time to jump back up, I can always count on ace service when I deal with them and their costs even after the revised shipping policy are still much better when compared to Rearz. Day Nite Care has a wide selection and reasonable or free shipping options depending on where you reside in Canada and I think they have even organized ABDL meet and greets in their local area, so their outreach to the Canadian/Quebec ABDL community is pretty great, the same cannot be said for Rearz.

Argent said:
Wow damn.

Just when I thought it was safe to get back into Rearz they go and put on the scary clown mask again.

If it is true that they are actively still trying to control the term after their last attempt lost them so much credibility recently then it’s not a company I would do business with again.

As far as the term ABDL goes I remember from the hoorah last time lots of peeps expressed it isn’t representative enough of the community anyway... I can see DL works even though I am technically a Nappy Lover (NL?) what term would work better for those attaining little space and should the 2 necessarily be together?

In a similar vein I love that Furries are often associated with our community but is that because of crossover e.g. you can be furry and a diaper lover or little?

Babyfur/Littlefur and Diaperfur respectively. :3

Also relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3yuFlvRyqM

I don't know about you guys, but, I don't think anyone from Rearz is an ABDL, so I really don't think they care, they're in it for the money and nothing else. It's not just the whole trademark thing that gets to me, it's their business practices that include false sales like their free shipping sale and increase the prices by $20.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
it's their business practices that include false sales like their free shipping sale and increase the prices by $20.

heh, I wish, that would still save me a bit of money! looking at my recent order...
Shipping (UPS (Excludes PO Boxes) (UPS® Standard Delivers: 7/13/2018)) US$56.80

I was in the bricks and mortar store last year after having not visited for a few years. They've definitely contracted the show room. It might be that that simply needed to repurpose the space. Not sure if this is as a result of the ill-feelings engendered by this debacle or not. Personally, it's not something I care about very much -- even if they do manage to copyright it, the terms is nearly impossible to enforce -- but can definitely see why it rankles many in the community.

They can trademark all they want but ABDL has been in general use.

And if ANY other company uses ABDL they would still have rights to use it.

As far as i know the first use of ABDL for adult babies diaper lovers was by tommy of DPF.
And he copyrighted his publication.
And this dates back to the 1980s.

So ABDL would be a common-law trademark.

A common law or unregistered trademark is legally different from a registered trademark granted by statute. As with statutory trademarks, a common law trademark utilizes graphics, images, words or symbols, or a combination of such, to signify the distinctiveness or source of a product or service.

Common law trademark rights go the business that uses the trademark first. and since Tommy used it for his DPF products only he could sue for its use.

http://commonlawtrademarkrights.com/

I Rearz's lawyers think this will fly the company needs a new lawyer because its going to cost rearz a lot of money in useless legal fees.

Unless they have a crooked lawyer looking for frivolous litigation cases to make money with.

Laurie, the owner, is not. She's more into corsetry. Her boyfriend/partner is a DL (don't know about AB).

They really need to drop this thing, no diaper company has the right to trademark ABDL, sue we may call them (and others) "ABDL" diapers, but that's mostly a way to categorize diapers made with the ABDL Community in mind, usually diapers that absorb amongst the best out there and also many of them have a print a lot of us like (not everyone, but a lot of us likes Baby-ish looking prints)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back