Cold water

Status
Not open for further replies.

srmousse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So I'm in Arizona on vacation visiting my in laws... It was 114 f today! I'm trying to sleep, but it's still so hot. The window AC in the bedroom has been running non stop. I just woke up (12:30am) with my diaper already wet. I got a drink of water, and on a whim, I poured some cold water down the front of my diaper. What a difference!! I feel like it has cooled my entire body down! My crinklz still has plenty of capacity, so I'm hoping for some better sleep!

If you've never tried this and are feeling hot, give it a whirl! It's amazing how much cooler I feel right now!

Curiosity may have killed the cat but it sounds like in this regard it cooled you down. Hope your able to get some sleep. I don’t know how I would be able to sleep battling that kind of heat.

This heat has made people here in the upper Midwest so fricken grumpy its awful people are at each others throat and family dynamics are getting strained due to this. This summer is turning out to be horrible! I want cold temps back!!! Also its so that you have to wait for a cold front to come in to do laundry and to do some light cooking of items to make it thru to the next cold front! dang house smells like a gym locker. thank god for windows that open its heaven to have some cold breezes for a change natural that is rather than the AC going full out!!!

By the way what is it with older people and the crazy mentality that they have to have winter clothes on in the summer this is nonsense and why do cardiologists prescribe thinning meds in the summer when its hot and it naturally thins out your blood its terrible for others around you ya know!. About to give each cardiologist a fricken piece of my mind! enough is enough allready! You are causing your patients to grow mold in the home due to your idioticy! Change the way you treat your patients NOW! It was 98 out and a older patient had fricken sweater on UGH! Meanwhile you are sweating your arse off and getting heat stroke!

It makes sense, actually, because you have a couple of major blood vessels right in that area. :3

My grandmother did the same thing. It would be 104 degrees F outside and she'd be wrapped up in a blanket with a sweatshirt on. When people get older, their circulation starts to get bad and they don't feel 'hot'. Thinning skin does this, too as does dropping metabolic rates. For them, it really -is- cold.

CuddleWoozle said:
It makes sense, actually, because you have a couple of major blood vessels right in that area. :3

My grandmother did the same thing. It would be 104 degrees F outside and she'd be wrapped up in a blanket with a sweatshirt on. When people get older, their circulation starts to get bad and they don't feel 'hot'. Thinning skin does this, too as does dropping metabolic rates. For them, it really -is- cold.
I have severe chronic veinious Insufficiency and tell you this I am HOT! so there is no excuse! I am hot in the summer and dang cold in the winter...
1. its the asprin
2. blood thinners. and plaque medication.
There HAS to be a different protocol for medicine.

In the field we routinely pack your junk and armpits with coldpacks to relieve heatsroke ,i had it done to me when i went down pulling a family it of a burning van ,it was after a parade ,my wife was in the hospital so I was going cross county on the interstate and these people would get out because there luggage was melting between the heat of the day and the fire and having to drag these people out the entire from of my uniform from my shoes up was melted and just after the apparatus got there I blacked out ,how convient that was my destination because that's were I regained consciousness someone was nice enough to bring my car over but that is the quickest way to cool down , I have actualy talked to people who will drizzle a quarter cup of water into diapers and freeze them for night use ,or you take a couple of zip lock bags put two parts rubbing alcohol for each part water and double zip lock and it cheap reusable ice slush pack it conforms to your parts better than frozen baby peas.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

xpluswearer said:
I have severe chronic veinious Insufficiency and tell you this I am HOT! so there is no excuse! I am hot in the summer and dang cold in the winter...
1. its the asprin

I'm talking about a lady who was almost eighty. Trust me, her's was because of the aforementioned, she wasn't on any of those sorts of medications. I have no idea what's going on with you in particular, I'm not a doctor and I've never met you IRL. :laugh:

i do this often also. not just to cool down but it feels nice in the diaper. makes them swell up more too. i think it cuts down on oder a little as well.

xpluswearer said:
1. its the asprin
I'm sorry, and I mean no offense from the statement I'm about to make, but not everybody is you. Medications effect different people in different ways. There are factors both overt and subtle that influence this that are unique to each individual. You might feel hot, but those people wearing sweaters might feel cold. I'm always cold even in the middle of summer so I'm usually wearing long sleeves and a jacket and I'm only twenty one. Its been like that my whole life. The people around me complain about the heat quite often in the summer, but even though I don't understand what the problem is I don't go around saying "What's with this its crazy" or "this is nonsense" like they shouldn't feel hot because I do not feel hot. Please try to acknowledge that other people might feel things differently.

Summers are great I have been diapered so long I can't say the heat changes anything,other than how much barrier cream is applied and which style of onesie I wear more most of the year my favorite would be long sleeve long led boat neck some people call it "envelope" it is a scaled up infant style i can be hard to dress sometimes because much like an infant my body doesn't always cooperate but we have found it to be easier on and easier off so even on my least good day I can be dressed and neat looking ,and it doesnt bunch up when my 5 point harness ( it's a padded butterfly vest that attaches at the shoulders with roller buckles at the bottom of my rib cage and then all connects at the crotch),i have in the past hit a curb and been thrown from the chair which is not a good scene because unlike an infant i cant climb once on the ground thats were i stay until someone wants to pick me up ,so its safer for me and less hassle to be secured because the bus can flip and my wheelchair can dangle from the e but my actusl pkysical self will be fine,i tend not to wear shorts or short sleeves because a breeze can cause much pain , the less exposed flesh the less risk.
It's complicated being me and of course you heard me bitch about how crazy the cold makes me.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back