Not open for further replies.

Leilana

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I know we probably won't find the right answer, but I've been thinking about someting that I would like to discuss with you...

If wearing diapers was totally ok and not weird to anyone, if it was a common option for day to day life (like travelling, concerts or any other place where they might be convenient), if mothers wouldn't push their toddlers to be potty trained, if noone ever shamed anyone for needing diapers or even just wanting them...

Do you think the diaper fetish would dissapear? I'm not talking about wanting diapers for comfort, that's another story, but do you think the DLs would not feel arroused by them any more if they were just a normal object? I guess we can all agree that the arrousing part has a lot to do with shame and humiliation, the fact that it's "inapropriate", the fact that calling someone "a big baby" is supposed to be an insult. But if it wasn't?

I'd love to know your opinion. :)

I think it'd be like foot fetishes. Most people use shoes in their every day life, but some people still get aroused by them.

I don't think all diaper fetishes arise from the humiliation of it. Some are just kind of there.

If it was a common option I can’t see how lots of us wouldn’t still love them but for those that get a kick out of being naughty by wearing I wonder if they would be travelling further afield for their gratification.

I think if I still had a kink for them, it might be less pronounced. The taboo element is a significant one for me.

It's a hygiene thing... we don't have outhouses or chamber pots where we don't need them. From a sanitary standpoint, "everyone wearing diapers" isn't a very good idea. Sure we could ditch the "sanitary sewer system" in the cities, but would have to triple the garbage management.

Imagine something like going to a standard large high school where every student (and teacher) was exclusively using diapers. First off, there'd be no stalls in the restrooms. (because, no toilets) What a bizarre image that forms in the mind, what would the "changing room" look like? and at work, same sort of thing? I don't think I want to go in that direction, that's all kinds of weird.

I suppose you were thinking more about "if it were more common and open", I was just exploring the logical conclusion to that direction. It's a doozie!

It's funny but diaper wearing for concerts, New Years Eve in NYC and other events is getting more talk from celebrities on daytime talk shows. There is a slow, growing acceptance for diaper wearing when it seems to be necessary. I find it interesting. I think if diaper wearing became more accepted, it would lose some appeal for some of us, but certainly not all of us.

There's no universal theory as to why AB/DLs get off on wearing diapers, so I think there are multiple causes. Because of that, some of us might have lessened desires if diaper wearing became accepted by society, but for some of us, the desire would still be as strong. There are also other elements to being AB such as all the other things that go along with being AB besides diapers such as plushies, sippy cups, pacifiers, baby like clothes, etc. We are a complicated bunch.

If you were never exposed to the outside world and raised in diapers with no experience of toilets or shame or all the negative B'S, it would be perfectly normal to you to wear a bulky visible diaper ,you would never have been exposed to diaper use being different or abnormal ,it would be tour normal and the rest of the world weirdos use reverse cult training on a seculded group of people until they were 30 and then drop in the middle of any major city, he /she wouldnt see anything wrong except how weird we are , as we looked at him as a freak .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

In this diapered society, there would be an almost unknown, small group of people who would sneak out in public with no diaper under their clothes. All the while they would be suffering from great anxiety at the thought that everyone was noticing their missing diaper bulge, but almost nobody ever noticed. Some would get on Internet forums and tell how they hadn't peed or pooped in their pants for 4 straight months now, despite the hardships of 24/7 not-wearing. A few would wonder if they were becoming permanently continent from their fetish and worry that their doctors would admonish them for holding in their wastes for more than 5 minutes at a time. Those that still lived at home would be shamed by their parents for making them stop on road trips so they could go pee in a cornfield. Some would start making "underwear" out of old t-shirts that were cut down and worn upside down. A few entrepreneurial types would start designing custom "toilets" that the ULs could buy on websites and have them discretely shipped to their homes, hopefully when no family members were home to witness the large, heavy box that FedEx dropped off. It would be a strange world indeed.

There is a story somewhere on the internet that is more or less about this, and I have been trying to find it for ages.

In a perfect world 'porta potty" and "the John" would be competeing diaper brands, and different from "the Mary Janes"dont get those!

I was planning on making a post about this after googling 'why don't adults wear diapers?'. It mentioned how even in situations where a diaper would be so convenient. Say for example you've eaten at a mexican or indian restaurant and you're trying not to crap your pants, even then it's unnaceptable to wear a diaper and you either ruin your clothes or get bad stomach aches from trying to hold it in.

You would still be picked on for not wearing diapers: "No diaper? Oh, you're too big for your friends, eh?"

Scaramouche said:
You would still be picked on for not wearing diapers: "No diaper? Oh, you're too big for your friends, eh?"

I would want a world where it's totally acceptable to wear or not. You're not picked on for wearing, you're not picked on for not wearing.

I imagine that in such a world people would still train, even if by themselves, to hold what they have in them until a convenient time. Even babies can hold, they are just conditioned to relieve themselves in their diapers.

In such a world, there would still be taboo around diapers but it is like the view of ripped jeans. It would probably be looked down upon for an older person to wear a diaper with babyish prints or a certain kind of diaper and that's where this fetish would be herded off to.

I would personally love it if it was a trend that no one cared about and was seen as normal. It would make life so much better for me. I could be myself more and not have to deal with stress from people finding out. I doubt this ever would happen in real life but it would be nice. I would personally settle for a reason to wear, like medical condition or bed wetting, that I could use to wear without shame from my family.

ThePhotographer said:
I would personally love it if it was a trend that no one cared about and was seen as normal. It would make life so much better for me. I could be myself more and not have to deal with stress from people finding out. I doubt this ever would happen in real life but it would be nice. I would personally settle for a reason to wear, like medical condition or bed wetting, that I could use to wear without shame from my family.
If you are a photographer you can wear and call it "research" do a series of images of bedwetters portraits diapered adults as art would be ground breaking and destigmatizing many areas of taboo have been opened as art ,one day we will be photographing famous statues in different types of protection, there was somebody who recently did a highly received portrait series of people with diabilities both hidden and not so hidden ,the intresting part was they were shot in whatever environment the subject wanted nude , so it revealed alot about who people are and who they think they are ,in there own mind ,so a series of diapered adults doesn't have to be bedwetters it could be just the varied array of the masks we were, there is no particular national origin or job incontinent people do , but shoot them in there work enviroment whatever that maybe and then in the same place just with there diapers,our clothes and uniforms are nothing but masks ,that few actually look or see behind ,when I was on the fire department I had uniform onesies ,but it never really came up ,not many people wonder if your diapered as you save them from there burning house ,but we are out there,just as mechanics, welders, i am sure there's even plumbers that you don't see crack on somewhere LOL.
I should have done this when I was younger and better health! Hindsight is 20/20.

Tetra said:
If you are a photographer you can wear and call it "research" do a series of images of bedwetters portraits diapered adults as art would be ground breaking and destigmatizing many areas of taboo have been opened as art ,one day we will be photographing famous statues in different types of protection, there was somebody who recently did a highly received portrait series of people with diabilities both hidden and not so hidden ,the intresting part was they were shot in whatever environment the subject wanted nude , so it revealed alot about who people are and who they think they are ,in there own mind ,so a series of diapered adults doesn't have to be bedwetters it could be just the varied array of the masks we were, there is no particular national origin or job incontinent people do , but shoot them in there work enviroment whatever that maybe and then in the same place just with there diapers,our clothes and uniforms are nothing but masks ,that few actually look or see behind ,when I was on the fire department I had uniform onesies ,but it never really came up ,not many people wonder if your diapered as you save them from there burning house ,but we are out there,just as mechanics, welders, i am sure there's even plumbers that you don't see crack on somewhere LOL.
I should have done this when I was younger and better health! Hindsight is 20/20.

I actually love this idea and may try it, but probably not now. Photography is a hobby of mine so I’m not the best at it. Plus I’m about to start college, and it would be super awkward for me to try to convince others I was diapered as reasearch for a photo shoot even though I’m not in a photo class. It’s a confusing time for me but I’ll probally do this once I’m a bit older and have life under control.
I do love the idea and all the benifits it can offer. I just need to sit on the idea and wait for the right time. Thanks though.

Not a problem !i should have thought of this 30 years ago when teaching photography & perspectives .age = wisdom, wisdom equals= dumb ass ,should have done this before age =wisdom ,LOL

While I would not expect everyone to wear diapers, it would be wonderful if people did not make such a big deal when they see others wearing diapers, especially older kids, teens, and young adults. They seem to get ridiculed the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back