Not open for further replies.

Consul

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
Been a while since I've posted here, but thought I'd put the question out there...
Recently, I decided to pick up a bunch of Thomas trains and tracks. They're (obviously) super cute but also fun :)
While I already have (too many) stuffies, colouring books, etc., these are my first "proper" toys I've bought for myself.

Does anyone else have any Thomas toys? Or, more broadly, any toys at all?

Curious to know people's thoughts :)

I have some blocks, remember the old wooden ones with the alphabet and pictures? Then I have an airplane and a car carrier. I would kill for some Thomas Trains though, but then.....where to put it all ;(.

I have sooo many toys from my childhood, a wooden train set, blocks, legos, the big legos for tiny children, a wooden crane, a caterpillar on wheels...and loads more. I've bought some new ones, puzzles mostly. I don't have specifically Thomas Trains, but I think that never was that big in Germany.

Isn't that just the awesome part about being an adult baby? You can just buy the toys you like, and don't have to nag your parents about it!

I tend to regress to a younger age than most, but there have been times where I'll regress to a toddler age. When I'm in that mode, I love blocks, they are very simple and fun, tactile. I also love playing with those block boxes, where you fit the correct shape with the right hole, those are fun. Oh and bead mazes too, they can be a nice easy distraction.

When I'm in my standard baby-mode, I really enjoy my stuffed toys, soft blocks, rattles and my stacking rings. I always have fun whenever I'm in the zone with those toys lying around.

I've been contemplating getting some larger stuffies, something a little larger that I can cuddle up to, I think that'll be my next AB toy purchase.

Schwanensee said:
Isn't that just the awesome part about being an adult baby? You can just buy the toys you like, and don't have to nag your parents about it!

I agree, that is certainly a perk to being an AB or a Little, you can have all the toys you want whenever you want them, no more waiting for Birthdays or Christmas :)

I've got so many toys that when I get my other room back I'm going to turn it into my 'playroom'. There's gonna be a 'zoo' for my stuffed toys, I'll be able to put up the table I got for my wooden trains (Those are <3) and bring my big pink basket back in for my toybox. There's a bed, dresser and TV cabinet in there that I'm going to take out. I don't need them, but I'll probably store them in case I do. I have a cabin on the property that would actually be a fine place to have them.

The thing I'm most stupidly excited about is getting back my papasan chair. I love those chairs. Like sitting in a giant bowl full of pillow. <3 They are the best for reading and watching TV 'cause I can scoot around to whatever position I want.

The 'zoo', is going to be made of 2x4's made to fit into the corner of the room. Then I'm going to attach the 'pet nets' I already have to give it three levels, the top for the little guys, the middle for the middle size guys and the bottom for the big guys. :3 I might or might not have the 'bars', they're made out of springy elastic tie-down straps, but I dunno about having my friends be 'behind bars'. So I might see how it will work with just the nets.

I actually bought the train table with no where to put it because I had a feeling if I didn't get it, I wouldn't find another one like it. (And then after I got that one, they came out with a Paw Patrol one! I was super mad, but then again, I like just plain trains a lot, too, so I'm OK now.)

littlemoosey said:
I have some blocks, remember the old wooden ones with the alphabet and pictures? Then I have an airplane and a car carrier. I would kill for some Thomas Trains though, but then.....where to put it all ;(.

Haha, yes they do take up a bit of room. I'm running out space :p

Schwanensee said:
I have sooo many toys from my childhood, a wooden train set, blocks, legos, the big legos for tiny children, a wooden crane, a caterpillar on wheels...and loads more. I've bought some new ones, puzzles mostly. I don't have specifically Thomas Trains, but I think that never was that big in Germany.

Lego is awesome! If I wasn't chronically running out of my room to put things I'd look into getting some for sure.

Haha yes, though sometimes I spend more than I should...

Poofybutt said:
I've been contemplating getting some larger stuffies, something a little larger that I can cuddle up to, I think that'll be my next AB toy purchase.
DO IT! :D I have a few hehe

CuddleWoozle said:
I've got so many toys that when I get my other room back I'm going to turn it into my 'playroom'.

I'm so jealous, that sounds awesome. I wish I had an extra room at my place! One can dream :)

If I had an extra room I'd totally consider making it a play room with toys and everything!

For stuffies, hanging nets are pretty handy.

The only thing I have from my early childhood is my American Flyer train set, which actually is a really cool toy. A couple of Christmases ago my wife bought me two large sets of Little Green Army Men. She was so awesome. I had those when I was a kid and I'd play with them for hours.

I just have my little plastic army me, some small LEGO sets, and a small tote bag full of Matchbox and Hot Wheels toy cars and trucks.

i would have to dig in my storage room to see if we have any from when i was a kid i am pretty sure i do

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a few toys :D

I still have my O gauge triple rail electric train set. there enough track to fill up a trunk. and I have 2 meccano sets in the trunk too. but I still love my infant toys to like my rattle and stuffies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back