Leaking urine when I change my diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebabyboy12

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
First off I know incontinence brings leakage. Im more curious if anyone else experiencing these issues. When ever I change my diaper I’m always dripping urine. It just really never stops apparently. Does anyone else deal with the same issues?

Same issue for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes. I try and pee all I can before changing and that works most of the time. I change standing up so I can catch it in the diaper. Then I lie down to tighten up the tabs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I drip and dribble all the time so yes I often wet while changing. It is just normal for me and I don't worry about it.,

I sometimes have this issue. It can be a bit of a shock sometimes but as long as I can catch it with my diaper then there's no harm done.

After having this issue happen to me a couple of times, I realised that I need to wear diapers 24/7 to manage this problem.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Does this basically mean my muscles down there are completely useless? My Dr still thinks he can fix me and get me out Diapers. Using the interstim procedure. If I’m leaking without even knowing I’m skeptical about the procedure. Should I get the procedure or am I bound to diapers for ever?

I open my diaper leave it in place and insert my catheter and fully drain my bladder as i empty any residual urine as I change ,problem solved it's all in my drain bag ,once I start to drain I do my whole change routine ,it empties pretty quickly and before I do my top tapes I extract the catheter from my penis tuck it pointing down at bedtime or during the day I point up ,and try to really make my diaper super tight to restrain my penis ,otherwise when I get really tired or have to take alot of pain medications it migrates out the side past the leg seals and urine goes everywhere,we have medical devices for many things ,we need one to stop erections ,there's nothing remotely erotic of hurting so bad you can't see straight or needing a nap ,sometimes the only way around it is will use a coude foley instead of intermittent and just stay connected to a drain bag while I lie down , foley and erections are mutual exclusive with me they cant both exist at the same time , i will say putting a catheter in an erection is much less comfortable and usually by the time I reach the outer urinary sphincter (you'll know it because resistance increases at it) penetrating it gets rid of the wood ,and leaving it in place keeps it from reoccurring while I get some rest, of course I have to be on a bed pad because i get lots of catheter "blow by" urine from bladder spasms, normaly with a foley in I still have to diaper but as long as the beds protected ,i can wash a wet or messy pad ,and since I usually remove the catheter before I get up its one less diaper to change.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Tetra said:
when I get really tired or have to take alot of pain medications it migrates out the side past the leg seals and urine goes everywhere,we have medical devices for many things ,we need one to stop erections

If erections are an eschew, see if your doctor will give you a perception for Spironolactone.
Any transwoman will tell you... It works. But I have no idea what your medical history is so... Talk to your doctor.

- - - Updated - - -

I normaly either change on a changing pad or in the shower

it happens to me as well from time to time, I leave my used inplace to cover my pants while I change its ssved my pants from getting wet multiple times. Dripples or small surges in the middle of changes is normal and can get more frequent as your bladder issue progresses. As for using an intersim for me I would rather just rely on my diapers or a foley Catheter if needed did some research and a lot of people who had it done started to experience pain and other issues they did not have prior to the implant.

Diapers are a pain but at least it makes incontinence manageable with out the extra risks of the surgery causing more issues or making the bladder issue worse

I don't have dripping, but I often have full-blown accidents, when changing. I almost totally lack any feeling of my bladder and unless it's really, painfully full (which is quite rare) I don't know if my bladder is empty or when I need to go. In fact, even if I just wet, it doesn't mean I won't do it again in several minutes, so I always have a pad when changing.

Isn't that the potassium sparing diuretic ? I will have to look into it ,I have taken hydrochlorothiazide and Lasix for blood pressure , but if it will get rid of erections I'll try it .
ESPF said:
If erections are an eschew, see if your doctor will give you a perception for Spironolactone.
Any transwoman will tell you... It works. But I have no idea what your medical history is so... Talk to your doctor.

- - - Updated - - -

I normaly either change on a changing pad or in the shower

Ehorton said:
Does this basically mean my muscles down there are completely useless? My Dr still thinks he can fix me and get me out Diapers. Using the interstim procedure. If I’m leaking without even knowing I’m skeptical about the procedure. Should I get the procedure or am I bound to diapers for ever?

I have a similar issue and my dr is not even sure he can fix me! What is the cause your incontinence and how does it manifest itself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know a single patient or doctor that has anything good to say about interstim they have had many recalls ,most people seem to get to about 6 months before there having surgery to get the damn thing removed (and what they remove to install it is long since gone and they will never get you right again ,even contemplating the procedure requires you to think about accepting diapers and catheters for life ,because once it's done if it doesn't work that's your only option ,and if you crunch the actual numbers on successfull use it interstim I believe it works out in positively for 8 out of every 1000 patients , not the odds the surgeons who want a payday will tell you ,there numbers are utter fiction for most average people,there a couple people here in this community who had them installed and removed , try doing a search for interstim I know there's been a few long threads about them here over the years. I am just as happy being to high a surgical risk for the procedure and having a very down to earth Urologist who doesnt feel like medicine is failing him and hes failing me , if diapers work and i am on with living and happy hes happy to prescribe them .

Make no mistake you can live a good life with diapers !

My Drs did test after test. Including neurological. At the end of day they told me I have a major Urine retention issue. I was told I would have to Cath for the rest of my life. With cathing 3 Times per day I would be able to wear underwear again. Well I left the Dr office after being taught how to self cath in underwear I was wet by the time I got home. I went through the self cath for about a month or so and gave up. Not only was I having to carry catheters but also had to still wear diapers 24/7. I no longer cath and just deal with diapers.

- - - Updated - - -

My Drs did test after test. Including neurological. At the end of day they told me I have a major Urine retention issue. I was told I would have to Cath for the rest of my life. With cathing 3 Times per day I would be able to wear underwear again. Well I left the Dr office after being taught how to self cath in underwear I was wet by the time I got home. I went through the self cath for about a month or so and gave up. Not only was I having to carry catheters but also had to still wear diapers 24/7. I no longer cath and just deal with diapers.

i leak to when i am being changed also when getting changed here we take a small chux and wrap me in it where i pee in that then when diaper is in place pull out chuck and then aide will make sure i am pointed down then snug up diaper

I think this is super common! My mom told me that when I was a baby she always had to put the new diaper underneath me while I was being changed so it wouldn't leak on any furniture.

I am a neuromusular mess ,if its not wrong with me it probably isnt exactly right , thats how it feels some days anyway ,i have random neurological issues like the back of my throat is paralyzed ,no one has any idea why ,my bladder is jacked up ,part of it can be blamed on everything from prostate to diabetic neuropathy to my neurological issues and Neurogenic bladder and bowel ,i am still catheteriseng ,my bladder always retains urine and has that unknown trigger were the dripping turns into a shower head and I flood big time ,my Urologist has been aiming to shrink that sucker for years he will be happy if I can shrink it to around 50 ML when it voids , so far in like 9 years I have lost about half my capacity I used to have a grossly oversized bladder capacity which is down to about 600 which he says is still way to much ,he said if we get to 100 i can relax my catheterising schedule .on my current schedule I generally change my diaper and cath at the same time just because i am opening my diaper and cleaning myself anyway (what the he'll it gives my aide something to do laundry ).

Ehorton said:

Be extremely carefull with interstim. Those success numbers are over inflated. By interstims own numbers, 50% will see an 80% improvement. Well half of 80 is actually a 40% overall success rate.

Additionally, interstim simply will not "cure" any type of incontinence problem. Their device literally acts as a pacemaker for the bladder and sphincter nerves. At best it should calm neurological problems and reduce your symptoms. However, even if it's successful you may still need diapers to manage your incontinence.

I also had the test implant done myself. And let me say it was three weeks of what was akin to chineese water torture. I immediately had a small electo-shock feeeling when it was activated (like sticking a 9volt battery on your tongue). The interstim rep tweaked and adjust the device a LOT, and ultimately had to turn it down more and more. From 1-10 volts, mine was at 0.02 volts and it stull hurt. And not only did it require a full surgery to have it implanted, it took a full surgery to remove it too.

Ultimately, the interstim device ended up frying my sacral nerve, and made my problems much, much worse. This all said though, they supposedly do have a 40% success rate overall. My case was a bad one, but I have heard of two others who had it done and did get some small or noderate improvements.

Ultimately, think long and hard before having interstim implanted. And as previously mentioned, you will likely still need coming to terms with needing diapers. Interstim or no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back