Status
Not open for further replies.

padded1989

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Just a question for the group - i'm not living in a place that I can order diaps without worry, I do buy them at the grocery stores but would like to try more variety. Anyone have experience with medical stores? Just wondering what the selection is like and if you have had any experiences that you could share in relation to be embarassed or judged at all while buying them. Look forward to hearing from you, love this message board so far. Cheers to summer!

When I was just starting to explore this in my teens, I was fortunate enough to have a medical supply store not more than a block away from my home. Their selection was far better than a standard pharmacy or drug store, they had quite a few high end brands; plastic backed Attends and Abena M4/L4's. In the end, the store went out of business pretty early on, so I didn't get to take advantage of the good brands nearly enough and unfortunately, Depends quickly became my go to diapers shortly thereafter. The staff at the medical supply store were all very nice, they didn't ask questions or anything, they are very much about their job and they only help those who seem to need it.

The only real drawback to purchasing from a medical supply store is mark-up. The price per item at a lot of these types of stores is usually much higher than what the prices would be online, although, you do save on shipping, so it averages out a bit.

In terms of what the selection is like, that depends on the store. I would suggest you look up medical supply stores in your area or in neighbouring cities, many of them have websites and a list of available stock and product listings online. You may even luck out and find a medical supply store in your area that stocks AB brands. I have heard that there are quite a few medical supply stores that have taken notice of our community and that cater to our interests.

Happy shopping :)

I'd call first... Years ago, they were my go-to first choice for protective pants (loved my Mark-Clark's!), but they've changed over the years. When I first started driving rigs, I spotted a couple that were along my route. Finally got up the courage, only to be let down to find they carried NOTHING of any consequence that I'd have bought. The girl clerk even seemed surprised I asked. I gave that up, in favor of online choices, which are 1000% (I know...) better.

I order online and have my shipment held at our local post office it works out great I donot have to worry about when the delivery will come and if the driver will bring the cases into the apt since my wife can not lift the box’s due to a medical issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back