Diaper modification - Trim to fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello fellow DL's. This is my first post.

Does any trim their diapers to fit? Let me explain. I'm in-between a size medium and large in most diapers. The only one that fits right on me is the Confidry 24/7's size mediums. I've tried a lot of diapers over the years both medical and DL brands. The medium's just don't sit right on me and the large is too big.

On the size large, I end up trimming the plastic sides just below the tapes on the back half of the diaper. This keeps from having a lot of extra plastic flipping around at my hips. I've tried tucking under but it still leaves gaps around my legs.

Just wandering if anyone else does the same.

with cloth backed diapers you can shorten the rear wings and get a better result than just trimming the bottom flaps. it should work with plastic as well. i made a step by step guide on how to do it but didn't post it because nobody seemed to care about it

Alexia said:
I made a step by step guide on how to do it but didn't post it because nobody seemed to care about it

Now someone cares. Post it!

Yes, please post. Would like some new ideas on how to make them fit better. Thx

I've done something similar to a L SDK, the mediums are to small and the larges have a ton of extra plastic on me, I trimmed the back and front wings down, along with the front blank plastic above the tapping panel. For tapes I cut (2) 3" pieces of gorilla white duct tape. This works great for me, all though its a little labor intensive so I just stopped ordering sdks.

I have done this at times when I want to be more discreet. I'm usually at the lower end of a medium size being ~31" waist. Sometimes I'll trim the tops of the front and rear extra plastic above padding to decrease the amount that can show above my pant waistline. My quicker method is to simply fold it inward. The Wellness Superio had odd leg cuts for me, leaving lots of extra plastic, so I used to cut those to better fit before I used them all up. The Tena Slip Maxis have been my go to and fit great, so if needed, I only modify the tops.

Alexia said:
with cloth backed diapers you can shorten the rear wings and get a better result than just trimming the bottom flaps. it should work with plastic as well. i made a step by step guide on how to do it but didn't post it because nobody seemed to care about it
Please post! I wasn't aware but now I am, and I'm interested!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

well, i guess i could try and make that guide again

I have exactly the same sizing issue. Most mediums are just a little too small and the majority of large are way too big for daytime wear. I don't mind going to bed in a huge nappy, it makes for a difficult hide during the day.
I agree that the confidry 24-7 are the best fit, I'd wear these all the time it's just they are proper expensive AND I have to import them from Europe.

Adding booster pads typically make larger diapers fit better. I'm just like you, in between medium and large. I've also found out that medium Dry 24/7 fits me perfectly it seems. However, diapers with taping panels seem to provide worse fit than those without. I find that boosting Crinklz and being that they have great tape placement, and I'm able to actually get a good fit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back