Aren't printed diapers easier to get fitted right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've found that after many cases of diapers, a lot of them being "Printed" ABDL diapers, it has become so incredibly easy getting the right fit in part due to the print.

What I mean by that is you get to the point of realizing where you like the tapes to be at in relation to the printed part and landing strip, so it gets to where there is no guesswork at all; meanwhile tape position on bland looking diapers that dont have a print for me can take a little guesswork because there is no print to put the tapes over.

For example on BareBums you have those colored Squiggly lines which is where I normally position the upper tapes over, while I put the lower tapes behind those squiggly lines instead of over/past them.

Some are, some aren't, it depends on the pattern and the quality control. Some diapers have print on the shell and have a clear tape panel. The trouble with them is the material is on a long roll - the pattern does repeat and is usually centered consistently, but the position of the characters varies in distance from the top. I'll usually use the characters to judge "how far in" to place tapes, but use the glossy tape panel as a guide for vertical placement. Most diapers I tape the tops just below the top of the tape panel, and the lowers are roughly centered between the bottom of the tape panel and the top tapes.

Other diapers that have print on the tape panel can either be a fixed print on every diaper, or come off a roll at random points, which leads to the same problem as above in determining horizontal placement.

The Kiddo I'm wearing now has a random dot print on the shell, but has owls on a line across the tape panel that are in the same place every time, which makes taping them up consistently pretty easy. You just have to figure out where the tapes belong, and look for those markers when you tape up next time.

ABU's preschool tape panel seems to come off a roll horizontally, as they always have a blue band at the top but the horizontal position of the art varies from one diaper to the next. So for horizontal placement, I rely on the two vertical factory folds to spot my tapes inward. I use a combination of the factory folds and the top line of the tape panel to horizontally and vertically spot my tapes on on my all-white diapers.

Some diapers actually aim to have consistent front panels and tape markers. Little Paws and Totaldry Plus for example. As long as they're getting the panel centered properly, it's really helpful for getting the tapes on snug and comfortable.

Interesting observation. I never really stopped to think about it before, but you're right, having the print on some diapers serves as a handy guide and really helps with getting a nice fit and proper tape placement. I also find that my printed ABU brands, fit me more reasonably than medical brands I've tried like Abena's, which I can never get a super comfortable fit with and even Bambino's are another printed diaper that, on the odd occasion, I was unable to do a decent taping job with. I certainly think the style and cut of the diaper plays a role as well, but yeah, having the print there has been extremely helpful when it comes to placement and fit.

That being said, I'd also say wearing experience plays are large part in getting that proper fit as well. Since the age of 19, I've been wearing diapers pretty consistently, I think its safe to say that I have putting on a diaper down to a science. I could probably get a secure, proper fit and do a solid taping job blindfolded :)

I think you mean diapers with tape landing zones, and no they actually do not provide a better fit, they are great for newbies to get a better fit. They hold very well, but they don't provide a good fit around the legs and are actually prone to premature leaks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This diapered-24/7-pup gotta agree with the prints helping get a consistent fit, depending on how the pattern is repeated! Although I've also been 24/7 long enough that I can do it blindfolded / in the dark and do a descent job! Each diaper (brand) is unique in how it fits on me, and through trial and error (and at least a case of 'em!) I'll get it down eventually! Sometimes it is also how the diaper is folded as an indicator to tape consistently.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
I think you mean diapers with tape landing zones, and no they actually do not provide a better fit, they are great for newbies to get a better fit. They hold very well, but they don't provide a good fit around the legs and are actually prone to premature leaks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm specifically talking about how if you get used to the print on a diaper; through trial and error it can make getting a really good fit; at least in my experience.

As I've posted in the original post, as one of several printed diapers I've got used to, with BareBums I know I can rely on the colored squiggly lines that are part of the print, top tapes go past both colored lines, bottom tapes dont go quite as far as (like on or behind the squiggly line closer to the back)

[

I tend to get the best fit when using a diaper that has a dedicated taping panel, but when using a diaper without a panel, like crinklz I get the best fit when I take the time to make sure the diaper is lined up correctly on me

I definitely do use the art on the shell or the designs/indicators on the taping panel as an easy guide (which is great especially after a few drinks) on the best place for the tapes.

Actually it works when changing kids too!

I don't have much issue with using plain solid diapers. I think it more a matter of brand recognition that takes a bit of time and then you just get it, regardless of the print or lack if, at least for me.

pampers4U said:
I tend to get the best fit when using a diaper that has a dedicated taping panel, but when using a diaper without a panel, like crinklz I get the best fit when I take the time to make sure the diaper is lined up correctly on me

For me, the diapers with randomly placed shell art and no tape panel are the most difficult to get consistently right because there's not a lot to go on. I find myself relying on the top and side edges of the padding. I usually place tapes vertically so they are over or just above the end of the padding (depending on the length of the diaper) and sometimes have to measure in by inches on the sides from where the padding stops to where the tape needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back