Boyish abdl Pants design

Status
Not open for further replies.

kratox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
I felt we have way to little variety in boy clothes, so I have been thinking about clothes ideas for a while now. I made some example pants on what i think would be really cute.

This is a rough idea of what the final product would be. My aim were abdl pants that were not only toddlerish but also useful for when your on a adventure. They are designed to fir a little bit bigger in length but snug at the waist. I personally feel having the crotch area go a little lower helps to make the person look smaller.

Pics:
Jean version:
http://thepadshack.com/upload/f71b1aebe8f941bba220b899bae6efa6.png

khaki version:
http://thepadshack.com/upload/ac1acf37dc0ec1b8d84ab0db9b2bfe27.png

future plans:
I am gonna try and get someone to make these for me if they can.
I haven't come up with a name for them yet but am focusing on adventure sorta style things.

Question:
Tell me what you think and how I could improve it. Or things I could add that a user would find useful.

Really cool idea and it shows that you have really been thinking about a lot of things when designing these; I could definitely see this becoming a popular item when it comes to Fruition and is available somewhere.

That's super cute! You are motivating me to sew more Little clothes :D

Though I do have some comments...

The paci loop should have a snap or something, if it's just a loop of fabric you won't be able to attach anything.
Carrying a bottle or sippy cup around on your leg would get suuuuper annoying, especially since the weight would pull the elastic waistband down all the time, potentially exposing what's underneath.
I don't quite understand the purpose of the elastic showing in the back...having a gap in the waistband would just lead to raw edges in that area, and in my opinion it wouldn't blend in with anything. As an alternative: You know those buttoned elastics that kid's pants sometimes have, where you can adjust the waistband on the inside? That could be a nice addition, and it would make the pants fit better.
If you get those made with the intention of wearing diapers underneath, make sure it's either a stretchy fabric or has an extra triangle of fabric sewn in at the crotch to make room for padding, otherwise your diaper will be compressed too much at the seam which is the opposite of what you want (it would press the liquid towards the legholes).
I can also see a small problem arising with the back pockets: Most colourful patterned fabrics one can buy are pretty thin cotton. Back pockets especially need to be able to take a lot of stress. Maybe one could use the durable pants fabric for the pocket, but line it with a pattern and have the lining peek out at the top so that maybe an inch of it is visible? Or one could stitch a shape, like a heart or star or frog onto the pocket to decorate it.

All in all, I love the design, and I have definitely thought about making a pair like that before. I actually incorporated that elastic waistband and wider leg fit in my latest pair of shortalls, but since they're really short I had no room for additional pockets.

Now where do I find a suitable fabric...

Ooh, the khaki version is quite cute indeed. I wouldn't mind having something like that and I tend to prefer more babyish outfits, those pants look like a number of toddler style clothes you see online or in stores. I also really like the decals or sew on motifs, that adds to the cuteness.

Since I don't sew, I haven't a clue what I could suggest to make your designs better.

Still a very cute idea. I definitely think Little Boys could use more variety when it comes to AB and Little clothes. Toddler style Little clothing like the pants you have shown are a great idea, but I'd really love more baby style clothes. Onesies are great and all, but they are far too common and not all of them have the cutest designs or cuts.

Last edited:
they look cool an fun xD

I'm loving the design. And even though they're what you say is 'boyish', I could totally see them with some girls wearing them. :3 (If you ever got them made and had one with bees...XD I possibly would not be able to resist.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back