How to quit being a DL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drynites96 said:
Well it's not like I'm running around the House in just a diaper. I only wear when I'm sleeping and my diapers are in a cabinet in my room. I still "hide" all of this...

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk
That's not what I mean. By "going into hiding" I mean making a resolve not to buy diapers until, for example, you start living on your own. It makes suppressing urges to buy some a lot easier, than a decision to stop liking diapers once and for all, you know...

GeraldRoss said:
That's not what I mean. By "going into hiding" I mean making a resolve not to buy diapers until, for example, you start living on your own. It makes suppressing urges to buy some a lot easier, than a decision to stop liking diapers once and for all, you know...
Okay sorry I got that wrong... I guess I should throw all diapers away then and don't buy them anymore...

Well, if I were you, I'd just use them up quickly instead of throwing away. But by "quickly" I mean really quickly. A day or two, probably.
Drynites96 said:
Okay sorry I got that wrong... I guess I should throw all diapers away then and don't buy them anymore...

GeraldRoss said:
Well, if I were you, I'd just use them up quickly instead of throwing away. But by "quickly" I mean really quickly. A day or two, probably.
Hmm that could get tricky because I got around 10 Drynites and one Adult diaper lying around...

I fought the DL side of myself for a really really long time and all it did was caused a lot of stress and depression. I felt awful about myself and hated that I was “weird” for liking diapers. The way that I came to terms with being a DL is very simple actually.

Firstly, I realized that the source of my negative feelings about liking diapers was actually my fixation on what people might think. The reality is that I don’t know, in truth, what people may think; some people will think it weird, some people may not care, and perhaps some people might say “oh I thought I was the only one that felt that way”. Honestly, I think back and realize that during this time in my life I acted as the world had already made up their mind and cast judgement on me. This is silly, because I’m sure there is a very small vein of people that have actually given thought towards ABDL’s that haven’t actually stumbled upon it (even as a DL I didn’t even know this community existed for a long time).

Secondly, I realized that being ABDL does not harm anyone! In my mind, as a DL, it’s just the same question of boxers or briefs—I circled C for other ;) But, seriously, what you choose to wear at night, under your clothes, out of view of others really doesn’t harm anyone. Even if people know that you wear diapers, that knowledge doesn’t inflict any harm to them at all. I do think, that directly involving others is a different matter, but that is another issue all together.

Thirdly, I realized that liking diapers doesn’t inhibit my life and my happiness. I still work, I still study. I game, I read, I go out with friends and family. All of the normal things in life are still there for the taking and the only hurdle is not the acceptance of others—it’s the acceptance of self.

Been trying to quit being a DL for over 30 years, have had no luck on success, have always reverted back to wearing the diaper, this is a learned desire, you either learn to love it or you learn to hate it, either way it ain’t going away any time soon.

ThatHiddenDL said:
I fought the DL side of myself for a really really long time and all it did was caused a lot of stress and depression. I felt awful about myself and hated that I was “weird” for liking diapers. The way that I came to terms with being a DL is very simple actually.

Firstly, I realized that the source of my negative feelings about liking diapers was actually my fixation on what people might think. The reality is that I don’t know, in truth, what people may think; some people will think it weird, some people may not care, and perhaps some people might say “oh I thought I was the only one that felt that way”. Honestly, I think back and realize that during this time in my life I acted as the world had already made up their mind and cast judgement on me. This is silly, because I’m sure there is a very small vein of people that have actually given thought towards ABDL’s that haven’t actually stumbled upon it (even as a DL I didn’t even know this community existed for a long time).

Secondly, I realized that being ABDL does not harm anyone! In my mind, as a DL, it’s just the same question of boxers or briefs—I circled C for other ;) But, seriously, what you choose to wear at night, under your clothes, out of view of others really doesn’t harm anyone. Even if people know that you wear diapers, that knowledge doesn’t inflict any harm to them at all. I do think, that directly involving others is a different matter, but that is another issue all together.

Thirdly, I realized that liking diapers doesn’t inhibit my life and my happiness. I still work, I still study. I game, I read, I go out with friends and family. All of the normal things in life are still there for the taking and the only hurdle is not the acceptance of others—it’s the acceptance of self.
I've told my mother multiple times that this doesn't harm anyone and I notice that I'm not feeling so good when I not wear for a couple of days... I accept myself for who I am but my mother doesn't...

lonnie said:
Been trying to quit being a DL for over 30 years, have had no luck on success, have always reverted back to wearing the diaper, this is a learned desire, you either learn to love it or you learn to hate it, either way it ain’t going away any time soon.
*sigh* I hope that the Psychotherapist can help my mother to finally understand this stuff

I don't know about the others but personally i tried to stop being a DL , i have lost count how many times i tried to quit . I have tried distractions, suppressing all the feelings and shoving the desire aside, all sorts of things to quit. But in the end the feelings and desire came back stronger than ever, after some time of not wearing or "quitting" a simple pass by the diaper aisle while shopping causes me to think about diapers again. Trying to quit cause me to suffer and being stress out but after the long struggle with quitting i found out that accepting and embracing this side of me is much much much better, i feel happier , i don't have to suppress the desire and i felt more free. This is the point when i realized accepting myself is better than suppressing as it causes pain and suffering trying to be normal.

I know i cannot get rid of this part of me so i might as well enjoy it, i mean i am not hurting anyone and what i do on my time is no ones business. I was caught once too by my mom who found used diaper in the bathroom, this was months ago and some things happened (long story) but so far she did not mention anything yet after the incident.

I know it's easy for me to say so, but why quit being a DL at all?
Your mom found out and is against it, so what? When my mom found years ago, that I played video games and was so angry I thought she'd have a stroke, did I stop playing? (Well, eventually I did, until now, but for my own reasons...) Nope. I just became extra stealthy and extra careful and even found certain thrill in that stealthiness.

I have tried to quit many times. The longest was when I got married, I quit for about two years, but as many have said, the desires came roaring back and I was back in diapers before I knew it. I don’t know if it’s ever really possible to quit being a DL as I’m sure the ones who have been successful (if they exist) would no longer be on this site.

Believe me, if I could have stopped, I would have years ago. You can suppress it for a while, but it always comes back with a vengeance.

Elenwen said:
I know it's easy for me to say so, but why quit being a DL at all?
Your mom found out and is against it, so what? When my mom found years ago, that I played video games and was so angry I thought she'd have a stroke, did I stop playing? (Well, eventually I did, until now, but for my own reasons...) Nope. I just became extra stealthy and extra careful and even found certain thrill in that stealthiness.

You're kinda right but I don't want to wear anymore... *sigh* I dunno... It's just too much for me right now... I wish that this appointment would be over already, that everything would be okay and that I can wear again without feeling weird and a bit guilty... I hope that the Psychologist can help my mother to understand the DL thing better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back