Not open for further replies.

Drynites96

Leaky Sleeper
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Hi Uhm this might sound weird but how can I successfully stop being a DL?

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

It's not a weird question at all but I don't think it's within our power to stop the desire. You can stop acting on it, which generally leads to unhappiness but I don't think you can stop liking it any more than you can decide to stop liking foods you enjoy.

Everyone is different but I think the far more effective course is to learn how to make something good of it in your life. It's quite possible and it's worthwhile.

Trevor said:
It's not a weird question at all but I don't think it's within our power to stop the desire. You can stop acting on it, which generally leads to unhappiness but I don't think you can stop liking it any more than you can decide to stop liking foods you enjoy.

Everyone is different but I think the far more effective course is to learn how to make something good of it in your life. It's quite possible and it's worthwhile.

I know... I've stopped for around 5 days until I wanted to wear again... I kinda want to stop because of my mother, not because of myself...

Drynites96 said:
I know... I've stopped for around 5 days until I wanted to wear again... I kinda want to stop because of my mother, not because of myself...

"Repression leads to obsession"

Sorry bud, if you try to get rid of it... the desire will come back stronger. There is not a real success story of an DL quitting for real. But even if it's useless to try to quit, you can work to accept yourself and embace yourself for who you are. You can be happy, diapers or not. And don't try to change for you mother. I imagine going against your parents wishes is kinda hard and tough, but you're 21, right? You're entitled to do what you want. You parents can either love you by who you are, flaws and differences, or they can just move aside and let you live your life.

Your life is your life buddy, no one, not even your mother or your father, should have power over that. Just you.

I tried many times but I've had dream about them. Mostly about being like 4 years old a stealing diapers because the urge was so strong and others were about having the diaper on and a strong urge to used them but I didnt want too. I would wake up and the feel sad because the dream was over. So I can't say but everybody is different. 😶

Drynites96 said:

The desire is going to vary in intensity over time, sometimes stronger and sometimes weaker but that's not the same as getting rid of it. As someone who tried very hard for years to be rid of it, I just don't think it's possible for anyone who really has to ask this question. I went years without having diapers but that isn't the same as stopping, either. Your life is your own. You may choose not to have diapers for a while for practical reasons but expect that the desire will remain and take reasonable steps to deal with that reality.

This reminds me of the movie, "A Clockwork Orange" where the antagonist, at the end of the movie, is tortured continuously in order to try and erase his desires for violence. Once these quirks are a part of us, they tend to be there permanently, torture or not.

Short answer, you don't.

Long answer. Can someone stop being gay, or bi-sexual, or straight? Can you stop liking cheeseburgers? Can you change the type of clothes you like to wear, or favorite kind of music? And better question, why would you want to change who you are?

You like wearing diapers. Ok, wear them when it's appropriate and you're comfortable doing so. I'm a firm believer in giving someone the advise they need, not the advise they want. So, I'm not going to tell you how to stop wearing diapers, or put the thought into your head that you should try to. As others have said, the harder you try to stop, the worse you'll feel both while you're not doing it, likely while you're doing it, and afterwords. Embrace who you are.

kik91 said:
"Repression leads to obsession"

Sorry bud, if you try to get rid of it... the desire will come back stronger. There is not a real success story of an DL quitting for real. But even if it's useless to try to quit, you can work to accept yourself and embace yourself for who you are. You can be happy, diapers or not. And don't try to change for you mother. I imagine going against your parents wishes is kinda hard and tough, but you're 21, right? You're entitled to do what you want. You parents can either love you by who you are, flaws and differences, or they can just move aside and let you live your life.

Your life is your life buddy, no one, not even your mother or your father, should have power over that. Just you.

I accept myself for who I am but my mother doesn't. So I'm trying to quit it because she wants it. I guess otherwise she won't stop with Psychologists and stuff, even if it means to not wear to get her to stop... I dunno why she has such a problem with it all of a sudden... everything seemed to be okay since I told her that I'm a DL

What do your pyshcologists say? Have you talked to any? Mainly because they can get through to her in understanding she can't change this part of you. You could also try to talk to her and show her reasearch about how this is forever and it is harmless. You shouldn't quit because she wants. You have to do what YOU want.

kik91 said:
What do your pyshcologists say? Have you talked to any? Mainly because they can get through to her in understanding she can't change this part of you. You could also try to talk to her and show her reasearch about how this is forever and it is harmless. You shouldn't quit because she wants. You have to do what YOU want.

I haven't been there yet. I should cancel the appointment and go to the Psychotherapist instead... I've told her multiple times that it's harmless but... *sigh* I guess I should start drinking a bottle of beer every evening now to "relax" and ask her then what's better

desires don't go away. They can only be suppressed, until maybe you forget about them for awhile. Possibly a long while, and then something will remind you, months or years later, and you'll be focused on buying a bag of diapers.

I guess, what you should do is not stop being a DL completely, but to "go into hiding". It will be a bit easier to suppress your desires if you think of this as "waiting till you can wear again". But it will still require a lot of willpower.

In this case it sounds to me like your mother needs to be told by a professional that your desires are not likely to go away and that they are harmless. The professional can also answer your mother's questions in a professional manor that your mother may have difficulty ignoring or refuting.

So...I think going to a psychologist and getting his/her expert opinion would be time well spent.

This begs the question why tell parents about being an AB or DL? Or any other kink or sexual anything. I don't know or want to know what my family does in the bedroom, or on the kitchen counter, or anywhere else. And I'm fairly sure they don't want to know about what I do. I shake my head wondering when I see posts asking "Should I tell my parents?" or "I told my family." Why?!? It is one thing to tell your partner, but there's no reason to tell family. If they find out because you're wearing around them, so be it, it happened. But you could have hidden it if you didn't want to be found out. But to out right tell them without cause, no good can come of that, only harm.

bambinod said:
desires don't go away. They can only be suppressed, until maybe you forget about them for awhile. Possibly a long while, and then something will remind you, months or years later, and you'll be focused on buying a bag of diapers.

Bingo.

GeraldRoss said:
I guess, what you should do is not stop being a DL completely, but to "go into hiding". It will be a bit easier to suppress your desires if you think of this as "waiting till you can wear again". But it will still require a lot of willpower.
Well it's not like I'm running around the House in just a diaper. I only wear when I'm sleeping and my diapers are in a cabinet in my room. I still "hide" all of this...

BabyCorry said:
This begs the question why tell parents about being an AB or DL? Or any other kink or sexual anything. I don't know or want to know what my family does in the bedroom, or on the kitchen counter, or anywhere else. And I'm fairly sure they don't want to know about what I do. I shake my head wondering when I see posts asking "Should I tell my parents?" or "I told my family." Why?!? It is one thing to tell your partner, but there's no reason to tell family. If they find out because you're wearing around them, so be it, it happened. But you could have hidden it if you didn't want to be found out. But to out right tell them without cause, no good can come of that, only harm.
I told her because she has found my diapers multiple times

BabyDenise said:
In this case it sounds to me like your mother needs to be told by a professional that your desires are not likely to go away and that they are harmless. The professional can also answer your mother's questions in a professional manor that your mother may have difficulty ignoring or refuting.

So...I think going to a psychologist and getting his/her expert opinion would be time well spent.

I really hope that this is going to happen. I explained it to her and she was okay with it at first but now she's not okay with it anymore all of a sudden. She also said that I'm too focused on them, which isn't true...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back