Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shaving... down there!

Default Shaving... down there!

Well, I've been contemplating it for over a year now, but today I finally got the courage and just went for it.

And WOW. I'm amazed how good it looks and feels. I haven't finished at all - I had 2 hours before I had to go to work and I figured I would be able to get all the hair off everywhere - but I was so wrong. All I managed to do was the area between my crotch and my chest. So, with free time being as rare as it is this is probably gonna be a huge month-long project, because I'm planning to do all my chest, all my back, my butt, all my legs, my feet, my armpits and maybe my arms. I just hate body hair!

However, even though I'm sure it worked, I'm not sure I'm doing it right. Half the places I looked said I should shave in the direction the hair grows, and the other half said I should go against it. In the end I couldn't even work out which direction it was growing in so I just shaved in the most comfortable direction.

And most places said I should use shaving cream, but that just kinda annoyed me... I swear it made it harder to shave it! So I just put it on once to open up the pores and loosen the hair, and then rinsed it off. I then tried just doing it in the shower without anything on it and that didn't work out too well... I cut myself a little bit!

But what I worked out eventually is that putting some baby oil on it and then doing it in the shower seems to work really well. Plus that moisturized the skin so it's not so dried out. So now I think I've got the technique figured out, it's just a matter of finding the time to do everything.

I do have something to say to anyone who's thinking about doing this but is worried: just do it! You won't regret it! It looks so much prettier! People say it makes your penis look longer but I haven't noticed that. All I care about is not looking hairy and ugly. Excessive amounts of body hair always seemed to look really weird while I was wearing a diaper... but now I think I look - and feel - younger. And then there's the hygiene benefits of it. And I'm sure my crotch will be much cooler now, without the hair trapping all the heat in.

There are, however, a few disadvantages, but I think most of them are just temporary. First... the itching. Oh dear god, it feels like my underwear is full of gravel. But then, I wish it was because at least the pain from the gravel would relive the itching. I knew it would be bad but no words could prepare me for this.

Secondly, it's a bit red and bumpy. This wasn't as bad as I was expecting but it's still not perfect. Plus, it's so dry it feels like sandpaper, even though I put two coats of moisturizer on.

Finally, some places don't get shaved perfectly. There's still loads of big bits of stubble that just look like black dots all over me. It looks better than lots of hair but it's kinda weird and it feels all pointy. It's fine if you look from far away but up close it's just not that nice. I don't know if this will get better after I've done it a few times though.

So, to end this post I'd like to ask two questions. First of all, is there anyone more experienced than me who could share some tips? I'd be really grateful to hear about anything that makes it quicker, easier or more comfortable!

Secondly, would a guide to pubic shaving perhaps be a good idea for a wiki article? There are quite a few reasons *Bs or DLs would like to do it, so it might be interesting. I'd be glad to write some of it but I'd certainly have to leave gaps, I'm hardly an expert!

EDIT: And I've just been told hair grows back thicker when you shave it, but I swear I heard somewhere that was a lie. Can someone confirm if this is true or not?
    Last edited by Squigma; 04-Mar-2008 at 21:59.

EmeraldsAndLime

Firstly, you could always try hair removal cream. You just spray it on, wait 10 minutes then hop in the shower and it just washed off. It leaves your skin very smooth. However, it is recommended you do at "patch test" first to make sure you have no adverse reaction to the chemicals in the compound. Also, some even say on the bottle that it's not to be used for your private area. So if you want that gone, you may still have to shave. Most supermarkets and pharmacies should stock something like this.

As for the itchyness - talcum (or baby) powder. It provides that barrier between your underwear and that place you've shaved, so it doesn't get irritated. However, as your hair starts to grow back through, for a while it is short and prickly and that really starts to annoy you. I'd say, once it's off, try to keep it off.

Those red bumps you are getting and hairs that are trying to grow through your skin, but instead can't push through and become ingrown hairs. They are annoying and some can be painful. Just use a pair of tweezers to pluck them out.

As for growing back thicker after you've shaved it... I don't believe that to be true. If anything, the body hair that I have shaved off in the past has grown back thinner.

Thumbs up

As far shaving in different directions it depends on where you're shaving. Unless you have superskin, which it doesn't sound like you do, I would heavily advise against shaving against the grain in your pubic area. This leads to more ingrown hairs and redness. Although, getting out of the shower, you feel smooth as a baby's butt. Not worth the pain though. In most other areas you should be fine shaving against the grain. Your legs might be slightly more sensitive but lots of moisturizer and a bit of aloe vera will help out there.

Something to think about, since you're new to the shaving world (oh, and I forget, Welcome! Enjoy your stay!) your hair will be pretty thick. I would advice going in with an electric shaver first to get rid of most of the mass. A clogged razor blade leads to irritation. Typically I'll use the side burn trimmer from my electric razor to go at my legs before jumping in the shower.

Check out this website for a product called Coochy Shave. It's not only meant for your "coochy" (or lack there of), it's a good shaving cream over all. While shaving cream is not entirely necessary, it does help to soften the hairs.

Click!

I hate body hair too and I shave down there and my chest. I have heard of lazer hair removal and I want to try that to see if it works.

I can guarantee you laser hair removal works, that's why it's so popular. But it's painful, incredibly expensive, and takes several treatments to make the effects permanent.

daria7483

All I can say about shaving is, if you are the SLIGHTEST bit prone to eczema, psoriasis, ringworm, impetigo, MRSA, whatever...DO NOT SHAVE. Leave it alone. I learned this the hard way.

Also, if you're female, try to keep the shaving cream away from any internal parts...burns like hell. I mean, I've heard.

Well i am pretty hair in some areas, and in other areas I have very little hair. like on my legs I have the most hair, then my arms are moderately hairy. For in the pubic area its pretty thick but I barely have any at all on my chest, back, or butt (thank god! hopefully it stays that way). I kind of like the hair on my arms and legs, but would be intested in shaving the pubic areas for a couple reasons. I actually think I will stat out with a trim tonight and see how that feels for a while, and if I like that I'll progress to take off the rest down there. Plus from what I seen most girls enjoy guys with some hair, so if thats the case I do not want to get rid of all of it. Just a trim down there, possibly a shave.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    Firstly, you could always try hair removal cream. You just spray it on, wait 10 minutes then hop in the shower and it just washed off. It leaves your skin very smooth. However, it is recommended you do at "patch test" first to make sure you have no adverse reaction to the chemicals in the compound. Also, some even say on the bottle that it's not to be used for your private area. So if you want that gone, you may still have to shave. Most supermarkets and pharmacies should stock something like this.
    Hair removal cream is an excellent choice...IF you don't have an adverse reaction to the chemicals! ALWAYS do a "patch test", even if you've used the product before without problems. (I learned this the hard way and have resorted to shaving after getting chemical burns on both legs that left me unable to put on anything heavier than a thin cotton nightgown for several days when I was in Toronto a few eyars ago.)

Some products are made specifically for the 'private area' (look for 'bikini' in the product name).

Quote Originally Posted by daria7483 View Post
    Also, if you're female, try to keep the shaving cream away from any internal parts...burns like hell. I mean, I've heard.
    *wonders why a female would want to use shave cream internally* I mean, I'm fairly certain it says right on the container "DO NOT CONSUME"...or do you mean "down there"...which of course brings the question why would a female be putting shave cream in THERE?

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    Plus from what I seen most girls enjoy guys with some hair, so if thats the case I do not want to get rid of all of it. Just a trim down there, possibly a shave.
    Oh, I dunno about that. I've dated guys who were extremely hirsute (that means HAIRY) and I've dated guys who shave...even dated a guy who, due to some sort of birth defect, was completely hairless (not even eye lashes!)!! I prefer hairless (or nearly hairless). Of course, that's a personal preference...and is related directly to s*x! *blush*

Being completely hairless has largely to do with sex in general. Unless someone is going for the manly man look being smooth is in their favor if they're in shape. A pudgy hairless stomach doesn't look much better than a pudgy hairy stomach.

I like a little bit of chest hair on a guy, but I don't like hair down there.

As for the internally, I've used nair down there, hurt like a b*tch. Guess the skin may be too sensitive, and it's pretty easy, Ayanna, to get in your parts if your not careful about putting it on.

I shave everywhere, well my legs, armpits, and my private area, but those are the only places I have unneeded hair.