Buying AB stuff for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scamander14

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
So, I have a long history with being a AB and I have finally decided to not hate myself for it. I’m moving into college for the first time and I have decided that I am going to buy AB stuff (for the first time) given I make sure it’s safe.

My mother does not like AB. But, she told me she still loves me and everything. She just doesn’t want me having AB stuff in her house. I totally understand that; she’s not comfortable with it and it is her house.

She even said that was once I’m on my own, I she doesn’t care what I do (when it comes to AB stuff.)

Now, the only other person I need to consider is my college roommate. My gut tells me everything will be okay. I’m not going to go in on move day and say, “Hey, I’m a young adult and I like pacifiers. But, wait, there’s more! The pacifiers are —made for adults.”

I’m definitely going to wait.

But, for those who reply, what do you think?

First of all its great that you have decided to embrace your inner AB!

Secondly I would still keep it a private thing. As many others have pointed out in many posts this is a personal thing and involving others in it is not fair to them. I would also try to be discrete but as long as you are I wouldn't be overly worried about being discovered. If they stick their nose into your business then it is their problem if they do not like it. So be yourself, enjoy it, but maybe leave the paci at home for your private little time.

Right. I totally agree with you. I’m not involving anybody. I guess what I meant was that if my roommate is more liberal or not. If he is more liberal, I’m not going to worry about it if he finds anything. I’m going to keep my stuff in a locked box.

Northerner said:
First of all its great that you have decided to embrace your inner AB!

Secondly I would still keep it a private thing. As many others have pointed out in many posts this is a personal thing and involving others in it is not fair to them. I would also try to be discrete but as long as you are I wouldn't be overly worried about being discovered. If they stick their nose into your business then it is their problem if they do not like it. So be yourself, enjoy it, but maybe leave the paci at home for your private little time.

I made cargo style footlockers for my kids so they could keep whatever, like laptops, and lock it up for security. If you live in a suite type dorm and have your own room, it should be easy to have some baby things. If you have to share a single dorm room with someone, you'll have to be considerate of their comfort zone. You should be able to tell who is accepting and who isn't.

As others have said, it's great that you want to embrace this side of yourself more. Before you commit to buying anything and making your dreams a reality, you'll really need to consider some of the ins and outs of your living/roommate situation.

Luckily, I've been fortunate enough to have been living on my own since 19. My grades were high enough that I got a residence space all to myself in my first year of University, no roommate at all and when I transferred schools and changed majors I had enough money squared away from a part time job to rent my first apartment. I'm currently in apartment #2, a bachelor pad, all my own. I haven't had to deal with pesky roommates , University rumour mills or school run mail rooms. My packages are held at the apartment mail room for me to claim, if they are too large, they are held at the local UPS or post office for me to pick up and the only people who enter my living space are friends who are well aware of my AB side, I don't need to worry about a diaper being balled up in the trash or a pacifier lying around the room.

You are presumably going to be staying on campus. In first year, word spreads fast about everything, so even though you want to explore this side of yourself, you'll likely need to keep your exploration on the down low, otherwise you'll risk others finding out.

I would suggest before you go about procuring baby items and diapers that you take stock of your dorm room, for instance, is it a shared dorm space? If it is, you'll really have to tread lightly and look for hiding places so this interest isn't found out (your lockbox idea sounds great), you also need to be considerate and mindful of your roommate. If you have a shared living space, but separate rooms with their own doors and locks, then you have a little more leeway to explore and indulge and the privacy necessary to keep the essentials around.

Also, I assume you would be ordering AB items through the mail? If so, look into how your school handles packages. I have friends from my recent University who live on campus and there have been waves of package theft there because the mail room is to small to keep a hold of all student packages and if said packages are on the smaller side, they're taken out of the mail room and left out in the dormitory hallways where any rowdy student can get a hold of them. If your school has a designated mail room, that'll make claiming whatever items you order easier.

Lastly and most importantly, the roommate situation. I'm with you, you certainly don't want to reveal this side of yourself to your roommate. Maybe if they turn out to be a half decent person you can reveal this to them later on, but for now, I'd take an approach of complete secrecy. Also, get to know your roommate's schedule and their habits, this will help you plan out when it is safe to wear and indulge. Chances are you might even have to wait for your roommate to go home on the weekends (many first years do this) before you can wear and regress open and freely.

Your desire to explore your AB side after 18 years of living under your parents roof is understandable, but wearing and indulging at University, from what I have heard from other AB's is far from a cake walk. Living the University life can be difficult for the most average of Joe's let alone for us AB's. If you have your own room with a lockable door, then I'd say you have the space and privacy necessary to indulge without fear of being found out, but I know that most dormitory set-ups are shared spaces, so you'll likely have to hide your items and indulge in secret, only when time allows and when your roommate isn't around. If you hit it off with your roommate and can gauge whether or not they're accepting, then maybe down the line you can confide in them, but that depends on who your roommate is and how comfortable you would be with that.

In any event, I wish you luck and I hope you can find the time, space, privacy and confidence to explore safely. Also remember, save the diapers and the baby time for when you have a handle on your studies :)

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the advice. It really helped me think. I get to move onto campus three weeks before my roomate. So, I have that taken care of. I’m going to do my shopping for my dorm on my own. A lockable box won’t seem out of the norm anyway. If the situation warrants it, I might slowly let my rommate know. My school’s dorms are old apartments that have heen retrofitted into dorms. So I have my own shipping address.

I am thinking of a lockable box with am electronic keypad.

If I order anything off of Amazon, I can just allude to the fact that some people are incontinent or say that it is something I needed and I found it cheaper on Amazon. I love to read, so I might just say they are books, or Transformers. (I collect Transformers.)

Poofybutt said:
As others have said, it's great that you want to embrace this side of yourself more. Before you commit to buying anything and making your dreams a reality, you'll really need to consider some of the ins and outs of your living/roommate situation.

Luckily, I've been fortunate enough to have been living on my own since 19. My grades were high enough that I got a residence space all to myself in my first year of University, no roommate at all and when I transferred schools and changed majors I had enough money squared away from a part time job to rent my first apartment. I'm currently in apartment #2, a bachelor pad, all my own. I haven't had to deal with pesky roommates , University rumour mills or school run mail rooms. My packages are held at the apartment mail room for me to claim, if they are too large, they are held at the local UPS or post office for me to pick up and the only people who enter my living space are friends who are well aware of my AB side, I don't need to worry about a diaper being balled up in the trash or a pacifier lying around the room.

You are presumably going to be staying on campus. In first year, word spreads fast about everything, so even though you want to explore this side of yourself, you'll likely need to keep your exploration on the down low, otherwise you'll risk others finding out.

I would suggest before you go about procuring baby items and diapers that you take stock of your dorm room, for instance, is it a shared dorm space? If it is, you'll really have to tread lightly and look for hiding places so this interest isn't found out (your lockbox idea sounds great), you also need to be considerate and mindful of your roommate. If you have a shared living space, but separate rooms with their own doors and locks, then you have a little more leeway to explore and indulge and the privacy necessary to keep the essentials around.

Also, I assume you would be ordering AB items through the mail? If so, look into how your school handles packages. I have friends from my recent University who live on campus and there have been waves of package theft there because the mail room is to small to keep a hold of all student packages and if said packages are on the smaller side, they're taken out of the mail room and left out in the dormitory hallways where any rowdy student can get a hold of them. If your school has a designated mail room, that'll make claiming whatever items you order easier.

Lastly and most importantly, the roommate situation. I'm with you, you certainly don't want to reveal this side of yourself to your roommate. Maybe if they turn out to be a half decent person you can reveal this to them later on, but for now, I'd take an approach of complete secrecy. Also, get to know your roommate's schedule and their habits, this will help you plan out when it is safe to wear and indulge. Chances are you might even have to wait for your roommate to go home on the weekends (many first years do this) before you can wear and regress open and freely.

Your desire to explore your AB side after 18 years of living under your parents roof is understandable, but wearing and indulging at University, from what I have heard from other AB's is far from a cake walk. Living the University life can be difficult for the most average of Joe's let alone for us AB's. If you have your own room with a lockable door, then I'd say you have the space and privacy necessary to indulge without fear of being found out, but I know that most dormitory set-ups are shared spaces, so you'll likely have to hide your items and indulge in secret, only when time allows and when your roommate isn't around. If you hit it off with your roommate and can gauge whether or not they're accepting, then maybe down the line you can confide in them, but that depends on who your roommate is and how comfortable you would be with that.

In any event, I wish you luck and I hope you can find the time, space, privacy and confidence to explore safely. Also remember, save the diapers and the baby time for when you have a handle on your studies :)

- - - Updated - - -

I am very good at telling what people are comfortable with. I would never want to make someone uncomfortable. What kind of cargo container?

I am thinking of a lockable box with an electronic key pad.

dogboy said:
I made cargo style footlockers for my kids so they could keep whatever, like laptops, and lock it up for security. If you live in a suite type dorm and have your own room, it should be easy to have some baby things. If you have to share a single dorm room with someone, you'll have to be considerate of their comfort zone. You should be able to tell who is accepting and who isn't.

Last edited:
Scamander14 said:
I am very good at telling what people are comfortable with. I would never want to make someone uncomfortable. What kind of cargo container?

I am thinking of a lockable box with an electronic key pad.

Cargo is a style of furniture, looking like the wooden crates the ships in the 19th century would have used. A cargo footlocker is a style of footlocker made from 4" x 1" pine boards. It's stained and varnished.

That definitely sounds cool. I’ll look into that

dogboy said:
Cargo is a style of furniture, looking like the wooden crates the ships in the 19th century would have used. A cargo footlocker is a style of footlocker made from 4" x 1" pine boards. It's stained and varnished.

Scamander14 said:
Wow, thanks for the advice. It really helped me think. I get to move onto campus three weeks before my roomate. So, I have that taken care of. I’m going to do my shopping for my dorm on my own. A lockable box won’t seem out of the norm anyway. If the situation warrants it, I might slowly let my rommate know. My school’s dorms are old apartments that have heen retrofitted into dorms. So I have my own shipping address.

I am thinking of a lockable box with am electronic keypad.

If I order anything off of Amazon, I can just allude to the fact that some people are incontinent or say that it is something I needed and I found it cheaper on Amazon. I love to read, so I might just say they are books, or Transformers. (I collect Transformers.)

Sounds like you got most of your bases covered then. I'm curious, you said your dorm room has it's own mailing address, does that mean you have a room to yourself? If you do, that'll make indulging and exploring easier.

A lock box with an electrical keypad is a fine idea, but something like that might be suspicious. I had a friend who bought something similar, a wall-safe, to store drug paraphernalia and it was stolen from his dorm room. You could probably get away with a storage container as well, like a rubbermaid bin or something.

In any event, best of luck to you. Be sure to have fun at University as well, first year is typically full of events and stuff.

If you expect bad things to happen, the bad thing you anticipate, will happen. If anyone asks, I’ll just say I am incontinet. I don’t like lying but, I am seriously surprised I am not. A few years ago, there was a traumatic event when I almost lost my mother when she was overseas. It was during Christmas too. XD. My logic tells me I should have set the bed at least a couple of times. But I didn’t. XD.

My college is in a pretty safe idea and only one other person will have a key to my dorm. So, I know who would have stolen it.

Poofybutt said:
Sounds like you got most of your bases covered then. I'm curious, you said your dorm room has it's own mailing address, does that mean you have a room to yourself? If you do, that'll make indulging and exploring easier.

A lock box with an electrical keypad is a fine idea, but something like that might be suspicious. I had a friend who bought something similar, a wall-safe, to store drug paraphernalia and it was stolen from his dorm room. You could probably get away with a storage container as well, like a rubbermaid bin or something.

In any event, best of luck to you. Be sure to have fun at University as well, first year is typically full of events and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back