Any good games coming out this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Its mid year and I really don't know of anything on the radar that is looking exciting, it seems all the best releases are either early in the year or late in the year.

Hmmm...ask Alexia. She's a big gamer and she'll know more than I could even begin to tell you.

Playing Jurrasic World right now which is pretty good. The new Farcry has gotten great reviews. Wow expac is coming if that's more your bag. Not sure what genre your looking at but those are some notables.

Northerner said:
Playing Jurrasic World right now which is pretty good. The new Farcry has gotten great reviews. Wow expac is coming if that's more your bag. Not sure what genre your looking at but those are some notables.

I've been debating Far Cry 5, but apparently some people absolutely hate it; but I'm thinking it cant be that bad.

I loved FC 3, and 4, so 5 shouldn't disappoint if they didn't change too much (mostly location).

I agree 3 and 4 were awesome. Looking forward to getting 5 once it goes on sale.

There is Two Point Hospital, should be coming out this year but no confirmed release date.

Satisfactory.

[video=youtube;jBotfNZ5Xr8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBotfNZ5Xr8[/video]

This is what I am looking forward to. I am seriously hoping that it turns out to be a lot better than Dynasty Warriors 9 did at launch.

BabyTyrant said:
I've been debating Far Cry 5, but apparently some people absolutely hate it; but I'm thinking it cant be that bad.

I loved FC 3, and 4, so 5 shouldn't disappoint if they didn't change too much (mostly location).

You can't go wrong with FC5 in my opinion. My all time favorite FC is still Far Cry 2, they were never able to capture how awesome that game was imo. Sure it had it's annoying components too like the outposts responding the minute you are far enough away, which isn't much.

I still found FC5 to be a solid sequel. It's definitely not the game I really hoped for though, it follows the same old Ubisoft templete for the most part.

Red Dead Redemption 2

I am most excited about this:
[video=youtube;L93H7YC-83o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L93H7YC-83o[/video]

A Super Smash Bros. game with every single character from previous games. Awesome!

Smash is defiantly worth looking forward to, and while it is not in 2018, it is in the next 365 days (194 from today) Kingdom Hearts 3 will be released. January 29th. If you have never played the series, it is fully available on PS4 and though it has some really cheesy moments, it is really fun.

I hope Squadron 42 comes out soon.

angelicprince said:
Smash is defiantly worth looking forward to, and while it is not in 2018, it is in the next 365 days (194 from today) Kingdom Hearts 3 will be released. January 29th. If you have never played the series, it is fully available on PS4 and though it has some really cheesy moments, it is really fun.

I like Kingdom Hearts actually, and it's been a long time since I played one (Dream Drop Distance), even longer since I played one on a Home Console (i think it was the original "Kingdom Hearts 2", and the time frame fits) it was longer before 2.5 and 2.8), i saw some kinda bundle in the PS store, but $100, i would probably get 2.5 or 2.8 first (i dont even know the difference) and then eventually get 3 after it's been out for 2 or 3 months

BabyTyrant said:
I like Kingdom Hearts actually, and it's been a long time since I played one (Dream Drop Distance), even longer since I played one on a Home Console (i think it was the original "Kingdom Hearts 2", and the time frame fits) it was longer before 2.5 and 2.8), i saw some kinda bundle in the PS store, but $100, i would probably get 2.5 or 2.8 first (i dont even know the difference) and then eventually get 3 after it's been out for 2 or 3 months

I am not a fan of gamestop, but this helps with what I am going to try and explain. this game https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/kingdom-hearts-15-25-remix/138293 has kingdom hearts 1 (1.5), chain of memories, Kingdom hearts 2 (2.5), and Birth by sleep as playable games and the cinematics for Re:coded and 358/2 days.
This set https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/kingdom-hearts-hd-28-final-chapter-prologue/142032 has Dream Drop Distance, and the prologue to KH3 as well as a history story on it.
Together these disks contain all the games that are released. and at gamestop (new) cost together $60 I you are interested.

angelicprince said:
I am not a fan of gamestop, but this helps with what I am going to try and explain. this game https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/kingdom-hearts-15-25-remix/138293 has kingdom hearts 1 (1.5), chain of memories, Kingdom hearts 2 (2.5), and Birth by sleep as playable games and the cinematics for Re:coded and 358/2 days.
This set https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/kingdom-hearts-hd-28-final-chapter-prologue/142032 has Dream Drop Distance, and the prologue to KH3 as well as a history story on it.
Together these disks contain all the games that are released. and at gamestop (new) cost together $60 I you are interested.

It is something I would definitely consider at some point, though not yet (work is far too busy and I may stay way too busy if I get the next job I'm after), and also I would not buy from GameStop (I dont buy from them out of Principle, if I'm buying games I'd rather go to the smaller, less known, more fair Game Craze, or buy online if I have to)

BabyTyrant said:
(I dont buy from them out of Principle, if I'm buying games I'd rather go to the smaller, less known, more fair Game Craze, or buy online if I have to)

same here, that is why I prefaced with not a fan of gamestop. but they were the first place I could think of to find the pictures of the game covers.
Hope work goes well for you, just remember to set aside some personal time for you as, "all work no play makes jack a dull boy."

ShippoFox said:
Red Dead Redemption 2
I agree with this guy also am interested in We happy few which comes out on the 10th of August I believe!!

Life is Strange 2..... Really enjoyed the first, except for it all coming down to a choice between to options at the end, but I liked the consequence your choices had up til that point.

Shenmue I and II on the Xbox One!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back