Is shaming a common tactic used by parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just wondering if it's a common tactic that our parents use to try to get us to stop using diapers; my mom has tried the shaming tactic a few times in the past (I would try to hide my using diapers, but she would find them in the garbage and show me them and try to shame me with the whole "diapers are for babies" thing), but eventually gave up.

Thankfully she didn't make it worse by gossiping and talking to my other family members about it; she still doesn't like it, but we only live a decent life as we both hold full time jobs and pay bills, so I've never been in danger of getting kicked out and i usually dont have to pay much in "rent".

Yes. My parents made fun of me for wearing. Even though I wear them for medical purposes.
When my wife and I had a Tumblr and Instagram account, one of my brothers found our stuff and went to my parents.
They ended up calling child services on us, we have 3 kids, because they thought we were a danger to them.
Needless to say, we don't talk to my family anymore except for my youngest sister who knows everything and just doesn't care. She's happy we are who we are and as long as I'm not prancing around my house in just a diaper she doesn't have a problem with it. Mind you she's said a few times she wouldn't care if I was lol.

Nope. When I came out as an ABDL, my parents were nothing but understanding. I did showed them research, and yes, they were surprised and we all talked to a psychologist. They came to realize this was part of me, and they are amazing people who would never shame anyone. Let alone their child. So my parents are very supportive, and we've come through small milestones over time to get comfortable. With me wearing around and them not minding.

Parents want to believe that their kids will grow up to be normal 10 times out of 10 so they don't have to deal with any curveball problems, and they believe the best way to prevent their kids from having these oddball addictions/practices is to make them believe it is the opposite of something they would want to do.

As for Evicerous' parents, that is the most ridiculous scumbag thing to do. They didn't even consult you on it, didn't even think "oh, he found a way to make better of his medical issue". That's an example of shaming taking too far to the point that it is outright dangerous. I'm happy you don't associate with them - I'm sure they'll regret themselves in the future.

Then can regret their decision for the rest of their lives for all I care. My wife was still pregnant when this all happened. So they haven't met or will ever meet my son. He's just over a year old now. My grandparents unfortunately know everything as well. Literally the only family on my side that talks to us is My sister. Oh well.

So back on topic, I suppose shaming is a normal reaction. In my case it was just taken way too far.

The cps lady that contacted us wasn't really worried about it. Didn't even make a house call in fact.

When I first got found out my mum took me for a Milkshake and asked if I was feeling lonely, not exactly shaming but it probably comes down to the same thing. Of course I got more :p

Evicerous said:
Then can regret their decision for the rest of their lives for all I care. My wife was still pregnant when this all happened. So they haven't met or will ever meet my son. He's just over a year old now. My grandparents unfortunately know everything as well. Literally the only family on my side that talks to us is My sister. Oh well.

So back on topic, I suppose shaming is a normal reaction. In my case it was just taken way too far.

The cps lady that contacted us wasn't really worried about it. Didn't even make a house call in fact.

I'm sorry all that happened to you Evicerous. You deserved a better family. Anyway, glad to know your family is doing alright!

Anyway, I don't think shaming is a normal reaction. I shouldn't be. It's an assholey reaction.

I get that from my mother still. Between the fact that I wear diapers and the fact that I wear girl's clothes, I get chopped up at every turn. I've been called a faggot and a retard more times than I can count, and my mother doesn't care. The worst part is that it's not even a matter of acceptance. It's only that she loves hurting people, and the more that she can hurt you, the better for her. She just humiliated me in public yesterday, and as I tried to explain exactly how she hurt me (not because I wanted to discuss my feelings with her, but because I knew that if I didn't answer "Why are you crying?" on the tenth asking, she'd just keep going), she either denied what she said or tried to justify what she said. I don't even discuss my life with her, and I've never formally come out to her for that reason. She's found out on her own, and I don't discuss it with her because I don't want to be ridiculed. She has outed me to the whole family (and anyone else who will listen), and I've become the laughing stock of the entire state. So unfortunately, I know exactly how all of you feel. Part of me wishes that I can have an AB/DL child just so that I can support them and love them regardless.

Starlight99 said:
I get that from my mother still. Between the fact that I wear diapers and the fact that I wear girl's clothes, I get chopped up at every turn. I've been called a faggot and a retard more times than I can count, and my mother doesn't care. The worst part is that it's not even a matter of acceptance. It's only that she loves hurting people, and the more that she can hurt you, the better for her. She just humiliated me in public yesterday, and as I tried to explain exactly how she hurt me (not because I wanted to discuss my feelings with her, but because I knew that if I didn't answer "Why are you crying?" on the tenth asking, she'd just keep going), she either denied what she said or tried to justify what she said. I don't even discuss my life with her, and I've never formally come out to her for that reason. She's found out on her own, and I don't discuss it with her because I don't want to be ridiculed. She has outed me to the whole family (and anyone else who will listen), and I've become the laughing stock of the entire state. So unfortunately, I know exactly how all of you feel. Part of me wishes that I can have an AB/DL child just so that I can support them and love them regardless.

wow, I am sorry that things are so bad for you. You did not say how old you were or that moving out was a viable option. It sounds from your description that getting out on your own would be the best for you. I am sure and hope many others that are much wiser than I will chime in here shortly. Good luck.

My mom found out by accident at one point and she already shammed me for existence by this point so this was no different at all.

I think the use of shaming to facilitate potty training was typical to my generation. I can remember my mom telling me to stop acting like a baby, or diapers are for babies, etc. As children, it was not unusual to be bullied by older kids, being called a baby, a bed wetter and a sissy, etc.

Don’t know about others, but mom used it on me for bed-wetting with statements like you -
“are disgusting”
“a big baby”
“a huge disappointment”

To be honest guys, I feel terrible for you :( I mean, my parents never shamed me for anything. Well, unless I did something bad, but I was usually well behaved. When they found out I was ABDL and liked diapers, they were cool and understanding. Wary, at first, but they never made me feel bad about it. And when I wet the bed, they were never mad or anything. How could a parents shame a child for something that's not just normal, but out of their control?

I too was shamed in a very sadistic way by my father when as a very young boy (four or five) I think I got into my brother's diapers and tried to put them on. I too don't speak to my parents because of their abuse. I am meaning to post this in a separate thread, but for me, I'm certain that my newly un-repressed ABDL tendencies come from some combination of my mother's inability to provide proper attachment as well as both of my parent's general attitude about trying to push me to grow faster than I was developmentally. Makes sense that I'd have a draw to diapers as a young kid and ABDL.

I don't think it's as bad as when I was a child but parents still use the shaming technique of "diapers are for babies" which annoys me personally. I'd never shame children for anything.

dogboy said:
I think the use of shaming to facilitate potty training was typical to my generation. I can remember my mom telling me to stop acting like a baby, or diapers are for babies, etc. As children, it was not unusual to be bullied by older kids, being called a baby, a bed wetter and a sissy, etc.

You are right dogboy. I think for baby boomers, "shaming" was an Olympic event. At least it was for my parents. I was the last of 5 children, born in 1959, all of us were 4 to 5 years apart. So by the time I came along my mother had been raising babies/children for the last 16+ years. For her generation she was an older mother as well, 40. I think that getting me out of diapers was a priority on the order of "DEFCON 1".

I remember one very specific instance, based on where we lived I had to be at least 3 or older, where I was standing at the foot of the stairs of our living room. I was looking back across at the kitchen, and there stood my mother and father. They were looking at me and rubbing their 2 index fingers together and at me, saying " shame, shame on you".
I had an accident earlier that day. I still see this scene in my minds eye, I guess they were so effective it seared into my memory, although I doubt that it got me out of diapers any faster.

Later when I was 4/5/6, If I was crying my mother would say in an exasperated or angry tone, "I'm going to put diapers on you!" She would even do this to me in front of my friends. One time she actually grabbed me by the arm drug me back to her bedroom, pulled my pants off and pushed me back onto the bed telling me she she was going to put diapers on me. I laid there waiting and crying telling her "no". She had learned to "weaponize" diapers. But by that time she did not know that I would have gladly let her put me back in diapers, but a young boy in the early 60's would never let that be known, especially to his friends.

Another AB internet friend once told me that, back in the 40's/50's/60's there was allot of stay at home mom's. And the stigma of a child still wearing diapers was against the norm. It was, "HOW FAST" can you potty train your children, it was a badge of honor amoungst mothers to get your children out of diapers as fast as possible whether they were ready to be out of diapers or not. So I am guessing that is where the shaming came in, it was just another tool in the mom's tool box to accelerate the already premature process.

Looking back on it all, is it any wonder there are so many AB'S from those generations. I really think that he was right. At least in my case he was. I think that the hyper focus on diapers, whether positive or negative, by my mother played an intricate roll in my becoming an AB. That is why I know that the bonding experience that I have with my wife when she takes care of me is so special. She is giving me whole-heartedly what I probably did not get from my mom as I was being shamed out of diapers that is, unconditional love and attention... not shame and humiliation.

Sorry for the long response, but this topic dredged up allot of old memories.

No. My parents were a bit skeptical of it first, but I provided them a whole entire letter personalized for me explaining what ABDL / Ageplay / Infantilism is. This is while I was still living in their house.

Here’s the story:

2 years prior, I came out as gay. Parents accepted.

1 year prior, I told them I was a furry. Parents didn’t care.

Year 2016 or 2017 (can’t recall): My dad mentioned he was glad I had a letter explaining it in detail or else he would’ve been more worried. He also said “Please - if you have more secrets, tell us now because we can’t handle finding something out a year from now.”

I told them no.

My parents said as long as I keep it confined within my room (if I’m wearing diapers openly) when I’m at home, or covering it when I’m out with them, and clean up after myself then they have no problem with it. They did say they found it weird, but otherwise, were accepting.

My mom’s even came into my room when I’m being little or playing on my computer in just a shirt and diaper (even a wet one at that) or wearing onesies and has talked to me as she normally does. Sometimes she’d even tease me (whenever I’m on Discord with my friends LilKayden, Binkygirl, or DT among others) and they all got a kick out of it.

Now I live 4 miles away in a house with my daddy, and my parents have come over (mostly my dad because he’s helped a lot with some electrical improvements on the house) and has seen my babbed out room, our changing room, my high chair and me wearing all my bab clothing and basically treated me as he normally did.

I gotta say - I got very lucky to have such amazing parents and wish others could say the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrinklyConnor said:
No. My parents were a bit skeptical of it first, but I provided them a whole entire letter personalized for me explaining what ABDL / Ageplay / Infantilism is. This is while I was still living in their house.

Here’s the story:

2 years prior, I came out as gay. Parents accepted.

1 year prior, I told them I was a furry. Parents didn’t care.

Year 2016 or 2017 (can’t recall): My dad mentioned he was glad I had a letter explaining it in detail or else he would’ve been more worried. He also said “Please - if you have more secrets, tell us now because we can’t handle finding something out a year from now.”

I told them no.

My parents said as long as I keep it confined within my room (if I’m wearing diapers openly) when I’m at home, or covering it when I’m out with them, and clean up after myself then they have no problem with it. They did say they found it weird, but otherwise, were accepting.

My mom’s even came into my room when I’m being little or playing on my computer in just a shirt and diaper (even a wet one at that) or wearing onesies and has talked to me as she normally does. Sometimes she’d even tease me (whenever I’m on Discord with my friends LilKayden, Binkygirl, or DT among others) and they all got a kick out of it.

Now I live 4 miles away in a house with my daddy, and my parents have come over (mostly my dad because he’s helped a lot with some electrical improvements on the house) and has seen my babbed out room, our changing room, my high chair and me wearing all my bab clothing and basically treated me as he normally did.

I gotta say - I got very lucky to have such amazing parents and wish others could say the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do Connor!! My parents were pretty much the same. Always supportive and caring. I wish it was true for everybody else!

My mom has gotten there after 22 years since when I told her I liked wearing diapers. I was 18 and graduating high school and I just decided to tell her right at the first time I tried diapers so I would never be caught by her.

I clearly don't think she pays attention to me... i love with her and take care of her and part of the bills... so last night I came out of my room to go to the movies and had a black onsie on and she asked why I tucked my shirt it.... umm I'm diapered... oh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back