Adult diaper tapes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodnites24

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I have never tried an actual adult diaper that has tapes I've only ever used baby diapers with tape. But anyway I have read many posts about diaper tapes on abdl diapers and it sounds like they use an actual sticky solution to tape them shut. And I was wondering why don't they just use the Velcro like "tapes" that they use in baby diapers? The Velcro stay shut really well and you can re adjust it without worrying about the stickiness wearing off. Does anybody know why they don't use the Velcro?

Tykables and the Bambino Magnifico both use hook and loop tabs. The Tykables ones seem to work particularly well. Personally, I don't care for clothlike covers or even hybrid diapers like those, so I would prefer them to stick with sticky tapes.

I agree, because the adhesive panels for the tabs feel like sandpaper to me and I don't like that. It just feels not right. Nothing satisfying like the sound of a tape ripping off XD

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well, there are a few that use them, Bambino and Tykables have been mentioned. I've only worn the Magnificos from Bambino. Just as someone who wears for need, I massively prefer them. They're at once almost infinitely reattachable and I found them nearly impossible to break. The only problem is that they're way too insanely expensive. I'm dying for a company to release a cost-effective version.

I also used to hate cloth-backed diapers, but that was because all of the brands I'd tried that used it are just garbage products overall to begin with, and often it coincided with a product I used to use frequently, like the old plastic backed Assurance, falling to completely unusable levels of cheaply made. I like to call those types the "dryersheet" backed because it's what they feel and behave like. The ones used by Seni and ABU are great though, I use the cloth Preschools regularly as my day diaper. I've said a few times on this forum I'd kill for them to get the Magnifico taping system on that shell at their price point. One day I hope.

Maux said:
I've said a few times on this forum I'd kill for them to get the Magnifico taping system on that shell at their price point. One day I hope.

Actually, ABUniverse are unusually open to all kinds of suggestions. Maybe you should write them and tell them about this...

I do find one problem with velcro. It doesn't do well with "torque". IE if something twists the panel, that can make velcro sheer and pop right off.

This probably isn't much of a problem for most people, but I like to pretape my daytime diapers for better and more consistent fit, and those are little builders lately. But I've found that while pulling them up, the angles the tapes are pulled on while pulling up are a bit off from their final position, and the lower tapes often peel right off because they get pulled a bit sideways as I shimmy up the diaper. Adhesive tapes can pop under these conditions also, but it's a lot less common.

Velcro works a lot better when it's pulling straight in

Answering the original question, I think that ABDL companies started their production as a way for ABDLs to get the feeling of their childhood. And then there were sticky tapes only.

But really, Velcro tapes aren't any worse. Despite what many people say about them falling off, I find that if applied properly (for me it's pressing them down strongly for a few moments), they can stay on no matter what, yielding only to deliberate attempts of removal...

Most ABDL diapers use "Sticky tape" tapes because most are plastic backed diapers, sticky tapes dont work well on cloth backed diapers, and "velcro" or "hook and loop" dont work with plastic backed diapers.

There are good cloth backed/cloth landing strip (Tykables have a cloth area on the landing strip, but otherwise are plastic backed) diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back