What is the best and most cost effective diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scamander14

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Does anybody have any good recommendations for diapers that work well and are not too expensive? I am moving into college soon and I already worked out how I am going to buy online and how I am going to have it shipped. But, I want to make sure that I am not wasting my money. :smile1:

I have found Abena level 4s to be one of the most economical for me. I seem to get the best price from amazon. They
have good absorbency but tend to clump fairly easy.

Thanks! I'll have to write that down! I have thought about buying a six dollar sample pack of ABUniverse's PreSchool Plastic. I don't want to order a whole pack of anything until I find something that I like and, something that is cost effective.
TheGazelle said:
I have found Abena level 4s to be one of the most economical for me. I seem to get the best price from amazon. They
have good absorbency but tend to clump fairly easy.

Those 2 things generally dont go hand in hand, but there are some good options at the middle of the price range, and there is even a growing range of mid-capacity ABDL diapers (from ABUniverse, Rearz. Tykables. Etc)

I've tried Abena level 4s (available in different sizes), Dry 24/7s and Seni Quatros, all are pretty good and may work for many people.

I've also tried ABUniverse BareBums which are pretty good (and absolutely amazing when boosted).

Knowing how you wear (short stints, overnight, long stretches of continuous wear, etc.) will make this question much easier to answer. Are you inclined to hold and release or wish to relax and dribble? Do you have a preference in clothlike covers vs. smooth plastic backed disposables?

My college dorms are old, retrofitted apartments. If I can go confidently unnoticed, I will wear for long stretches. What is more likely is that I wear when I am alone and have time to relax. I've never had AB diapers so I don't know if I prefer, hold and release or, relax and dribble/ I definitely want plastic-backed disposables.

Trevor said:
Knowing how you wear (short stints, overnight, long stretches of continuous wear, etc.) will make this question much easier to answer. Are you inclined to hold and release or wish to relax and dribble? Do you have a preference in clothlike covers vs. smooth plastic backed disposables?

- - - Updated - - -

I've heard the Dry 24/7's are really good.

BabyTyrant said:
Those 2 things generally dont go hand in hand, but there are some good options at the middle of the price range, and there is even a growing range of mid-capacity ABDL diapers (from ABUniverse, Rearz. Tykables. Etc)

I've tried Abena level 4s (available in different sizes), Dry 24/7s and Seni Quatros, all are pretty good and may work for many people.

I've also tried ABUniverse BareBums which are pretty good (and absolutely amazing when boosted).

Scamander14 said:
My college dorms are old, retrofitted apartments. If I can go confidently unnoticed, I will wear for long stretches. What is more likely is that I wear when I am alone and have time to relax. I've never had AB diapers so I don't know if I prefer, hold and release or, relax and dribble/ I definitely want plastic-backed disposables.

- - - Updated - - -

I've heard the Dry 24/7's are really good.

Dry 24/7s are a reasonably capable, moderately priced diaper, there are many better options, but of course they cost a lot more too.

Ok, I'll look into those. Where's the best place to get them? I need it to be discreet. :eek:
BabyTyrant said:
Dry 24/7s are a reasonably capable, moderately priced diaper, there are many better options, but of course they cost a lot more too.

Amazon should be discreet, but sometimes things happen and they're not.

NorthshoreCare will ship discreetly for sure, but they do charge a shipping fee.

Both have the Dry 24/7s.

Hi! I am Baby Boy0007. I live in Cleveland, Ohio. In Cleveland there is a place called North Shore Care. Great night time diapers very thick and absorbent. That is the diaper that can hold my wetting. I am a heavy wetter! They also make daytime diapers and lots of good stuff for us. Google it and take a look. Their prices are good and customer service is great!!!! :) Good luck to you in college!!

Depending on the level of Your IC issues always go with a diaper you can trust to do its job price really should not come into the equation as having dry pants is worth the extra expense and trimming the budget if different places to pay for them. I wear betterdry diapers and I usualy get through the day with one change or no change at all untill I get home. it all comes down to your usage and how comfortable you want to be northshore has Betterdry or crinklz (the printed version) at great prices vers what we have to pay here in Canada .

I love Molicare Slip. They are very affordable ~$20 for a pack of 30. They are comfortable, discreet, and decent capacity.

I rarely have any kind of IC issues. I am starting my freshman year of college and I don't know how 'living' on my own will effect my anxiety. I never had the chance to wear and while IC is not my issue, I don't want to spend $50 when I can spend less. The reason AB diapers are so expensive is because of how 'niche' this market is. I'm surprised so many companies thrive. I bet they make most of their money from people who are actually incontinent.

Rob110 said:
Depending on the level of Your IC issues always go with a diaper you can trust to do its job price really should not come into the equation as having dry pants is worth the extra expense and trimming the budget if different places to pay for them. I wear betterdry diapers and I usualy get through the day with one change or no change at all untill I get home. it all comes down to your usage and how comfortable you want to be northshore has Betterdry or crinklz (the printed version) at great prices vers what we have to pay here in Canada .

- - - Updated - - -

I'll look into that, thanks alot!
ThatHiddenDL said:
I love Molicare Slip. They are very affordable ~$20 for a pack of 30. They are comfortable, discreet, and decent capacity.

For the money, i am a fan of molicare super plus

Cost effective? Cloth. You can get them at Amazon... Or if your willing to wait Wish is even less.
As for the "best"? That's a subjective question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back