Rearz inspire +

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
How are rearz inspire compared to the M4 ? I have never tried a rearz but heard great things.

I've tried both, and I'd say the Inspire+ are about on par with the Abena M4. That's an overall evaluation, of course.

The Inspire+ seem more absorbent than the M4s. However, the Inspire+ tapes aren't great, and the overall fit is definitely un-inspiring.

For the money, I'd buy M4s. Or I'd spend a little more for a thicker ABU product.

qwertyqwerty said:
How are rearz inspire compared to the M4 ? I have never tried a rearz but heard great things.

about equal in capacity. Inspire seem to be better quality and better design though. The borders where there's no padding on the inspire is larger than on the L4's I've gotten in the past. Their machines seem to cut them really close to the padding, sometimes even nicking it. (really easy to leak in that!)

The inspire also have front elastic, which I'm a really big fan of for comfort. they have a hard tape panel, whereas the xplus have a soft shell with two-use tapes, so they have a different feel to them.

I'd pick the inspire over the xplus in a heartbeat.

The inspire are ok they outdue the comphydry for nighttime. The fit sucks compared to the comphydry. For the price it's a little pricy

The Rearz Inspire are about the same quality as the Abina M4, but the Inspire+ is a totally different product, and much better. The regular Inspire (no +) is part of the same line as the old footprint diapers, or the new Rearz Rebel. It's a high end diaper that is on par with things like the Comfidry 24/7 or the Abina 4 lines.
The Inspire+ (the full name is the "Inspire+ Incontrol Nighttime Briefs") has a much higher capacity and is extra thick. It's part of the Rearz Safari/Seduction/Princess line, and is a big step above the regular Inspire.
I've never had any problems with Rearz tapes. The old footprint diapers had thinner, weaker tapes than the current products do, but even those were fine in the few cases I had of them.

I did try out two of them recently and, while incredibly thick, found them to be boring, overly wet, and leak prone when full.
My preference seem to be Tena like diapers which start of soft and swell up a lot, binding most wetness in the process. The MyDiaper Night sample I had did a much better job at almost the same capacity for my taste.

//e compared to the M4 specifically the foil feels nicer and it's quite a bit thicker and more absorbent.

Foxroxsox said:
The Rearz Inspire are about the same quality as the Abina M4, but the Inspire+ is a totally different product, and much better.

I was trying to compare them on Rearz website, and their numbers aren't that different. IIRC the Inspire is rated 4,000mL and the IIC is rated 4,800mL, or something like that. But we know how creative those numbers can be.

That being said, I've worn quite a few Safari (IIC reskin) on many a night where I woke up quite soaked by morning and was pleased with my choice of padding for the night. There's no diaper I trust more for overnight. Kapi said he didn't get a good fit and had leaking problems - I find that very surprising, I certainly haven't had that experience. I also like the MyDiaper Night, but they can't hold anywhere near as much as a Safari.

I wonder if Kapi was trying out the regular Inspire? I don't find those too terribly different from the IIC though, the only difference seems to be more padding, (more than 25%, as the Rearz website suggests!) with the same exact fit. (I assume they have the exact same shell and just use different padding)

Originally I was a big fan of the M4s. Seemed to hold quite a bit and were a good value for the money. I ran across a sale on the regular Inspires and bought a case. I fell in love with them. Love the thick plastic front and rarely have I ever had a problem with wearing them all night. They worked so well that I immediately bought 2 more cases while still on sale. They are my go to diaper. I still have some m4s on hand and wore one the other night thinking I would be safe. I noticed a slight leak around my right leg when I got up in the AM, so I was somewhat disappointed.

sotexasDL said:
I still have some m4s on hand and wore one the other night thinking I would be safe. I noticed a slight leak around my right leg when I got up in the AM, so I was somewhat disappointed.

Of the cases of L4's I've worn over the years, I've seen bad padding placement from time to time, sometimes occurring in the "back corner" where diapers leak. Little extra clumps of padding are being bonded between the shell and top sheet where there's not supposed to be padding, and then the cutter comes along and trims the hourglass shape into the diaper and cuts into the bit of extra padding. Now you have a bit of padding exposed at an open seam at the back corner, that is connected to the main body of padding. So it will leak there by wicking right to the sheets.

"misplaced bits of padding" aren't terribly common, maybe 1 in 30 diapers, and more often than not they're someplace that doesn't matter... but occasionally they're in a bad spot like that and you have to watch out for problems or take precautions.

Going back 8-9 years ago I thought the plastic backed m4/l4’s were the best thing ever. Now the cloth backed version is only one available at least where I live and they wouldn’t make my recommended list in a long shot. They sag terribly weap to the outer and smell and padding clumps after a relatively short time if your active. Inspire plus on the other hand are much better but like others mentioned have a weird fit and hence would leak on me. The other big problem is the price they are hefty at least in my country. For the money ABU every day the fit and performance of the peakabus are incredible but also pricey but even the 2 tape models are super comfortable and have great performance I have never had a peakabu or lavender leak but have had some minor leaks from space/littlepaws mainly I believe due to not fitting quite as well. That aside to straight up answer your question I would choose inspire plus over abena but given more choice it would be neither.
Hope that helps a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back