That moment when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
That moment when you only have a few diapers left, and you don't have any money before the start of the next month... :(

... And the month you are in is only halfway through...

i never ran out ever since i got my first order exactly three years ago. it's kinda strange how that happen

I always keep at least a months supply in reserve.

I guess I'll have to keep track on my use. I guess I've been using way more than usual since I am pretty stressed out at the moment.

Time to seek out your states Department of Human Services to get some assistance possibly or Salvation Army or Catholic Charity to get some help and or family member for a loan of 100 to get a few bags or diapers. just my thought.

xpluswearer said:
Time to seek out your states Department of Human Services to get some assistance possibly or Salvation Army or Catholic Charity to get some help and or family member for a loan of 100 to get a few bags or diapers. just my thought.

I'm considering asking a friend. I guess I'm just a bit too shy for that.

I’m in almost the same spot as you. I have 1 Abena M4 left and stuff in my amazon cart ready to be ordered. Where it’s differnt is that instead of having a money issue, I’m trying to figure out the perfect day to order so I’m around to pick it up. So I feel your pain :)

Ooh it’s been more than 15 years since I ran out (terrible night that was), I remember I had them ordered but suppply issues, delivery issues and lack of care issues from the IC supply people left me high and wet.

Nowadays I am more paranoid and if I get down to 10 packets I start to get concerned.

I would second going to the Salvos (or similar do gooder charities) and asking them if they can give you some rather than go without.

Argent said:
Ooh it’s been more than 15 years since I ran out (terrible night that was), I remember I had them ordered but suppply issues, delivery issues and lack of care issues from the IC supply people left me high and wet.

Nowadays I am more paranoid and if I get down to 10 packets I start to get concerned.

I would second going to the Salvos (or similar do gooder charities) and asking them if they can give you some rather than go without.

Sadly I don't think we have those kinds of stores in my country. (At least ones with diapers.)

You could invest in some cloth diapers, not saying you need a full stock, if you get 1 per month, with in a few months you don't have to worry about not having diapers. Over the years I have built a nice collection (I currently have over 50 diapers, but you really don't need more then 16 to 18 and depending on where you go you can get them from 20 to 35 each for pocket diapers, I have 28 pocket diapers [Happy Endings diapers], 12 prefolds [with 8 plastic pants] and 10 Kins contour diapers, and now 4 of the new Ecoable diapers [thinking I want to get 2 more of the covers and 12 more inserts for them, and 3 snap-ez pocket diapers [not a big fan of the snap-ez], and a bunch others not listed here) I now find 1 case of disposable diapers (about 40 diapers) now last 3 to 6 months (and Thus to Sunday I wear all the time, and Mon to Wed I wear all evening and night true I have to do a load of diapers ever 2 to 3 days)

Again I am not saying you should get a large supply but maybe each month by one or two cloth diapers to supplement your disposables and if you find yourself in a position where you run out of disposables before the next month you might be able to get buy with the cloth (they say for a toddler you only need 14 to 16 cloth diapers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back