Updated PeekABUs – can’t get a good fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

californiakid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I’m curious if anyone else has received the just-updated PeekABUs. I can’t get a good fit and I’m wondering what others have observed. But first, I’ll offer a caveat – after years of competitive cycling, I have thick thighs relative to my waist, so perhaps this issue is unique to my body shape. My waist is 31”, and I wear medium-sized diapers.

From what I’ve observed, the bottom tapes on the updated diaper sit far too low on the side panel (their most natural landing spot on the diaper is well below the landing zone), which ends up creating a leg opening that’s also too low – closer to the thigh than the natural crease where the leg meets the torso. On my thighs, this makes for a painfully tight fit.

So of course, I’ve been playing with the positioning of the tapes in attempt to find a better fit – pointing the bottom tapes upward, for example, even though it feels awkward to do so, just to get them onto the landing zone. This seems to create a different problem where the back of the diaper rides too high up my back, while the front of the diaper is pulled downward. It also leaves a comically large, loose flap of side panel plastic between the 2 tapes.

None of the configurations I’ve tried position the chassis snuggly in place, with leak guards against my skin. This results in more frequent leaks, and an inability for urine to travel effectively toward the back of the diaper.

I didn’t have any of these issues with the first batch of PeekABUs, and am disappointed and frustrated with the update. I’m curious what impressions others have had, and am hoping ABU reverts the change.

Many of us couldn't get a good fit from the first batch (top tapes to low) - I know you can't please everyone all the time, but I hope the second batches higher tapes are higher than first batch so I can get it to fit on me. Pendulum swings both ways obviously!

Yep, understood. The top tapes are indeed higher, which I like. But the bottom tapes are so low, I’m curious if curious if anyone finds them better.

Damn bad news, I have thick legs too and find diapees with really low bottom tapes are not comfy or I can’t get a good fit.

I thought they were supposed to be effectively the same cut as Pawz/Space/Simples, is that not the case?

Interesting, but hopefully the changes are for the better for most people.

Argent said:
I thought they were supposed to be effectively the same cut as Pawz/Space/Simples, is that not the case?

Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to be the case. Little Pawz, Space, and Simples all fit great.

BabyTyrant said:
Interesting, but hopefully the changes are for the better for most people.

If they’re better for most people I’ll at least have an easier time selling what’s left of my case ;-)

Does anyone have any comparison picks? I have a pare of the originals I guess, before the update.

californiakid said:
Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to be the case. Little Pawz, Space, and Simples all fit great.

If they’re better for most people I’ll at least have an easier time selling what’s left of my case ;-)

I could have sworn Casey replied somewhere here while they were made on seperate machines they were going to be made for the same shape... That really should have included the tapes so they fit the same.

I am sure they will sell out quick regardless but I am not risking a purchase of these.

Gonna keep my spending for Kiddos and the hopefully upcoming “Super Simple, which would be a single tape version of the Simple diaper.”

I can confirm that a "large" peekabu is smaller then a "large" littlepawz

I’m not sure which versions I had but the fit for me was awesome and had no leaks where as space lpws often leaked around the legs. I must be the odd one out.
My biggest problem with peakabus is I have none. I had to buy crappy Tena maxis that leak tapes don’t hold etc because i can’t get anything better atm. Hopefully soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

californiakid said:
Yep, understood. The top tapes are indeed higher, which I like. But the bottom tapes are so low, I’m curious if curious if anyone finds them better.

Well that's a little worrying - they fixed the top tapes and broke the bottom ones?

The typical tape placement for tapes is top tape 1" from the top, and bottom tape in the middle? I remember a few diapers that ran the lower tapes low, like the previous gen crinklz from thrust vector. And yes, those had a really weird fit!

bambinod said:
Well that's a little worrying - they fixed the top tapes and broke the bottom ones?

The typical tape placement for tapes is top tape 1" from the top, and bottom tape in the middle? I remember a few diapers that ran the lower tapes low, like the previous gen crinklz from thrust vector. And yes, those had a really weird fit!

The batch of Aquanauts I got have the bottom tapes that are too low, and the top tapes that are too high. I don't plan on purchasing them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back