Is it Just Me? (An Abena M4 Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theguest

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Have I just been wearing thicker diapers for too long a stint, or have M4s gotten a lot thinner? I put a booster in and it feels about right now that I’m wet. But. This is not what I remember (and nothing will beat the old plastic S4s that I bought the first time I had my own place and could buy real diapers).

I've definitely noticed a lot of cost cutting on the product once they scaled down their plastic backed production down to just the one line, and only in the United States IIRC. You can basically pinpoint when they went downhill, when they lost the waistband. For the price they're still not that bad, but not my preference anymore.

Compared to the original X-PLUS which was much thicker and better they have cheapened the product a good 4 or 5 times over it's lifespan. They are much thinner now than in the past, and just clump up and fall to pieces straight away.

Shrinkflation with all Abena products not imagination.

i gave up when they started to split ,
i do have pictures of the older ones on me and they seem lot thicker!

Unfortunate I just had a case of these delivered today.....I thought they were one of the best after reading advanced reviews

Northerner said:
Unfortunate I just had a case of these delivered today.....I thought they were one of the best after reading advanced reviews

They aren’t terrible. They hold a decent amount. They just are not their former glory.

I have heard they got worse since my last order of them (probably 3 years ago); but I havent ordered any more to know for sure; these days I usually stick to more expensive better performing ABDL grade diapers.

Yeah I have noticed the quality go downhill in the past eight years but since I still wear them on a daily basis, they still do what I need them to do and they still give me the protection and confidence that I need so they do a good job plus I’m able to get them for about $50 a case which is all that much better when you live on a limited income. Occasionally I do get dry 24/7 and sometimes I’m able to get a few rearz Safari. But I could never afford to wear those ones on a regular basis, plus the safaris are just too thick to wear in public

I like them for night time and think they are plenty thick. these are the L4 Xplus. Maybe the mediums are different.

Northerner said:

I mean, they're not bad per se, they're still adequately usable. It's just they're not the diaper they used to be, and their best features have been equalled or surpassed by better diapers. But they'll still be pretty decent nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back