Just an observation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOXERSORBRIEFS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have been away from home traveling. I have for the last several weeks, worked out a combination of local and products that work very well for overnight use.

What I have noticed is that just using again for the last several weeks. Either my bladder shrinks rather quickly, or I just get urges to go when my bladder doesn't have much in it. This did happen for the first time, when I was wearing for the most part 24/7 for about a month. Along with sudden urgency that seemed almost painful. It has me a little concerned that my wearing a could lead to some type of IC. I'm not willing to give up my night time diaper use. But maybe I should try to refrain from extended use.

When I went 24/7 before, I had similar issues. I felt urges to go and that my balder was smaller. I was 24/7 for about 2-3 months, but was having small accidents. We must be alike then! It took me a little time to retrain myself back to normal, but you'll be fine!

I guess I what I concerns me in the immediate future is. In two days I will be flying home. A 6 hour flight. A 4 hour layover then a 9 hour flight. Then a 2 hour layover then 1hour 20min last leg. I was planning to take a Valium I'm not so bad on the shorter flights but get pretty anxious on the longer flights. I guess I'm just a little bit afraid of having an accident while I'm sleeping. I guess I could throw some padding in my carry-on. And put it on after security. It's not very good, but it might hold an accident.

BOXERSORBRIEFS said:
I have been away from home traveling. I have for the last several weeks, worked out a combination of local and products that work very well for overnight use.

What I have noticed is that just using again for the last several weeks. Either my bladder shrinks rather quickly, or I just get urges to go when my bladder doesn't have much in it. This did happen for the first time, when I was wearing for the most part 24/7 for about a month. Along with sudden urgency that seemed almost painful. It has me a little concerned that my wearing a could lead to some type of IC. I'm not willing to give up my night time diaper use. But maybe I should try to refrain from extended use.

You won’t become IC from wearing and using. That is all a myth. Your external sphincter is the only one you control and your subconscious keeps that closed. Unless there is damage or another underline reason, it will always work just fine.
As far as the pain, that could be bladder spasms. I have neurogenic bladder and often get painful spasms. The spasms either make me wet with no warning or give me very little time to get to the bathroom. If I try to hold it they can get pretty intense and I still end up wetting. It’s almost like: squirt, stop, squirt, stop and so on but in rapid sequence.
You should see a urologist if you’re concerned. Keep an eye on your urine color as well as the smell. Keep a diary of when you go so that you can give the information to your urologist.

I disagree. We hear plenty or accounts from someone who fully used a diaper for a month or more and truly did loose mental control of their sphincter. That IS incontinence regardless of any physical problems we may or may not have.

Boxersorbriefs, it sounds like you are developing urge incontinence. Using diapers alone won't cause this. I recommend you go see a urologist and get checked out for a uti.

As for your flight. Why not wear a diaper for the entire duration? I've been through security in an absolutely soaked confidry before. It really is no big deal to them. Really. Just try to not use the diaper if you're concerned about control problems. Better safe than sorry after all. And yes, bring a few spares in your carry on luggage for the same reason.

I just wanted to clarify. The "almost" painful urgency. Feels like from my sphincter that I control. So I think I am getting bladder spasms. I get them almost every time I turn on the tap and hear the water running. And occasionally at other times.
The other decision has been made, I have already packed two mediocre plastic backed tape on's in my carry-on. Each inside of a plastic bag for later disposal. I will pad up after security. Not planning to use them, It's a just in case situation. I guess the plus will be, the comfort of being Padded. BTW I asked the wife if I should wear on the plane and she said "why not? Nobody cares".

Well I did it... I padded up in Tokyo for the rest of the trip home. I didn't end up using it though.

BTW the toilet stalls in Japan are really something. The stall walls and for go all the way to the floor and no way to see in. The toilets have a built in sprayer and dryer for your posterior. A disinfectant dispenser for the toilet seat. So a very discreet place to pad up.

So, I had to go through security several times before and after. I even had my backpack searched. But they were looking for the pocket knife that I forgot to take out. Not a problem, but I didn't get patted down. Also the diaper that I had on had a landing zone, so I was able to undo and refasten the top tapes to use the toilet on the airplane.

Then we were pulled for a "random" customs search in Canada. I wonder why I am always randomly selected for these. Out of 13 trips overseas I have been randomly selected 11 times upon returning. What am I doing wrong?

BOXERSORBRIEFS said:
Then we were pulled for a "random" customs search in Canada. I wonder why I am always randomly selected for these. Out of 13 trips overseas I have been randomly selected 11 times upon returning. What am I doing wrong?

ProTip: there's nothing random about "random" searches at an airline terminal

(if you really want to hit the lottery at the terminal, you need to look muslim and have a muslim name, you'll be pushing 100%)

Yes.... I didn't think it was too random.
One time I was held for about an hour, everything searched. I was questioned, and asked the same questions over and over, like name and date of birth. As if they were trying to trip me up.

I appreciate the fact that they are trying to catch someone for something. But if they are questioning me, their Intel isn't worth the money they spent on it.

OK... I occasionally drive faster than the posted speed, but that is about as bad as it gets. The best explanation that I have had for this is that I have a very common name, there are so many of us at least one of us has to be bad.

I read an account by a guy that was traveling with a group of coworkers on a business trip. One was olive-skinned with Mohammad as his first name.

At every terminal they hit, out and back, Mohammad was "you've been randomly selected for an enhanced security check, please step aside". Every single time. And NONE of the coworkers in the group were ever touched.

They were genuinely pissed by the end of their trip and a rather large argument broke out that resulted in several hours of detention for the group at their final transfer, talking with the cops, threatening lawyers, lots of drama.

Well I'm not sure what the problem with me is. I'm a white middle aged guy with an Anglo name. About as far from a threat as anyone could be.

I guess that depends on what kind of threat.... Airport yeah due to misconceptions a white man is probably perceived as the least threatening.

I went 24/7 for almost a year and a half (Barring some minor days here and there where I didn't wear because I had to go somewhere important). I've definitely noticed my bladder has shrunk because of this. I've not had any accidents but the first few weeks were awful for sleep.I would wake up every 3 or 4 hours to pee, this happened while I was diapered too but I would usually just pee and fall back to sleep, once that was no longer an option and I had to get out of bed and trek to the bathroom and back I would just be awake. I lost many hours of sleep those first few weeks. It's gotten better but I'd rather just have the diapers :p lol. I notice now that if I wear for more than a day or two I sink back into said routine of waking up having to pee, my bladder just not really caring and making me have to go every so often, but it also recovers faster than it did before as well. I think it's probably mental, the signals being sent from the brain probably confuse the nerves and muscles and it takes a few days/weeks depending on length of being diapered to transition between the two "modes" of bladder control. But that's just my theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back