Fecal Incontinence Help in School

Status
Not open for further replies.
TransNate said:
I am now home with my dad. Which is good, but he also hasn't had to deal with too many BMs either, due to only seeing him 1-2 days a week this year. I know it's a dumb question, but now that I'm not hiding it from my aides so much, can I hide it from my dad? I still want him to be proud of me.

Wait, Your father doesn't know you wear diapers for your autism? how have you kept this from him? Also who is taking care of you most of the time, not to pry or be rude, but from how you've described yourself, are you able to live alone and support yourself?

Its pretty obvious to me that Nate is probably in some kind of special school and housing for students with "special " needs Rennecfox

As to youre question about if the aiders were upset that this happened i would say if they were they should immediately be sacked and look for another job However i strongly doubt that anyone were as they are trained to deal with this situations and others with persons with this cind of diagnosis as have been described from Nate dear. Let alone Nate being punished in any way shape or form for this accident .Its simply a part of sed diagnose (incl added Fecal & urine IC ) And similar diagnoses and other handicaps for those students attending sed special school.

I am not sure what that means, but if you explain, I'll be sure to stop! Sorry, I've only been here for a few days.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll try and keep you guys updated on how I deal with the embarrassment!

rennecfox said:
Wait, Your father doesn't know you wear diapers for your autism? how have you kept this from him? Also who is taking care of you most of the time, not to pry or be rude, but from how you've described yourself, are you able to live alone and support yourself?

My college has a special needs program. I'm quite smart, I have an IQ of 176. I just have life issues that are better dealt with in a special needs program. I stay at school on class days, but on weekends I go home. My dad therefore hasn't dealt with many BM in diapers, because it only developed fairly recently.

- - - Updated - - -

Missy1 said:
Its pretty obvious to me that Nate is probably in some kind of special school and housing for students with "special " needs Rennecfox

As to youre question about if the aiders were upset that this happened i would say if they were they should immediately be sacked and look for another job However i strongly doubt that anyone were as they are trained to deal with this situations and others with persons with this cind of diagnosis as have been described from Nate dear. Let alone Nate being punished in any way shape or form for this accident .Its simply a part of sed diagnose (incl added Fecal & urine IC ) And similar diagnoses and other handicaps for those students attending sed special school.

I did not get in trouble. My favorite aide took me in the hallway once I was changed and calmed me down. She told me that I'm still a big kid and I'm not in trouble but diapers are required from now on.

I really appreciate all the advice and help you've given me. Thanks for being so nice.

Just some extra info here Nate is also Autistic (sed so in his thread in Incontinence forum ) so please do bare this in mind before misunderstand his words & actions :graduate:

Missy1 said:
Just some extra info here Nate is also Autistic (sed so in his thread in Incontinence forum ) so please do bare this in mind before misunderstand his words & actions :graduate:

Thank you for the help! Makes me happy happy happy!

Missy1 said:

Gotcha, my mistake then.

TransNate said:
My college has a special needs program. I'm quite smart, I have an IQ of 176. I just have life issues that are better dealt with in a special needs program. I stay at school on class days, but on weekends I go home. My dad therefore hasn't dealt with many BM in diapers, because it only developed fairly recently.

- - - Updated - - -

I did not get in trouble. My favorite aide took me in the hallway once I was changed and calmed me down. She told me that I'm still a big kid and I'm not in trouble but diapers are required from now on.

I really appreciate all the advice and help you've given me. Thanks for being so nice.

WOW !!!!!!!!!! im only (however in this cind of tests us with among other diagnoses as ADHD do get significantly lower then others ) 91 (gasp ) , as it should dear and YES you are a BIG kid indeed only with some special extra ad ons in life.

You are more then welkome Nate & if you want to im only a Pm away if you want or need to talk to a friend that also has Autism (only lower grade then you) :hug:

Nate youre VERY welkome my friend :hug:

And to you others i do apologize for stepping in this way but i felt i had to as i have both Severe ADHD and Mild ASD And i know the signs when things are being misread due to insufficient previous info

Excellent Pampers :grouphug:

Last edited by a moderator:
TransNate said:

For me, college was decades ago.
Wentworth Institute in Boston, Massachusetts.
My Major was Electronics Engineering Technology - Associate in Engineering and Bachelor of Science.
Yes, I am gifted - 135 IQ.
Never had much of a career as an adult, only correctly diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome at age 47, 13 years ago.
Of course, I also have to deal with Cerebral Palsy too.
For decades from age 4 to age 48, I was at CP Gross Functional Mobility Scale "Level II", but the last 12 years, my functional mobility crashed due to "Post Impairment Syndrome", and I am at GFMS for Cerebral Palsy, "Level III".
I myself have been incontinent for over half my life, and I am in diapers for total wetting and fecal incontinence.
I officially retired on SSDI at age 48.
My younger brother just had to apply for SSDI at age 56, due to his severe Diabetes, and having had 2 strokes in the last 18 months, which left him with no vision in his right eye.
I suspect he is losing control over his bladder neurologically now and will have to start wearing diapers full-time like me, his "Big Brother".
We are in the process of moving to a new place, a house trailer with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, where I can take care of my own diapering/sanitary needs without interruption from my little brother whenever he is having urinary urgency.
We will each have our own bathroom.

- - - Updated - - -

caitianx said:
For me, college was decades ago.
Wentworth Institute in Boston, Massachusetts.
My Major was Electronics Engineering Technology - Associate in Engineering and Bachelor of Science.
Yes, I am gifted - 135 IQ.
Never had much of a career as an adult, only correctly diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome at age 47, 13 years ago.
Of course, I also have to deal with Cerebral Palsy too.
For decades from age 4 to age 48, I was at CP Gross Functional Mobility Scale "Level II", but the last 12 years, my functional mobility crashed due to "Post Impairment Syndrome", and I am at GFMS for Cerebral Palsy, "Level III".
I myself have been incontinent for over half my life, and I am in diapers for total wetting and fecal incontinence.
I officially retired on SSDI at age 48.
My younger brother just had to apply for SSDI at age 56, due to his severe Diabetes, and having had 2 strokes in the last 18 months, which left him with no vision in his right eye.
I suspect he is losing control over his bladder neurologically now and will have to start wearing diapers full-time like me, his "Big Brother".
We are in the process of moving to a new place, a house trailer with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, where I can take care of my own diapering/sanitary needs without interruption from my little brother whenever he is having urinary urgency.
We will each have our own bathroom.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats a lot of cool stuff. I'm going for theater.

TransNate said:
So we agreed to not hide it from the aides because it's their job. But I'm home with my dad today, and he doesn't have to deal with it much since I'm only home on weekends and it only became more severe a few weeks ago. I really want him to be proud of me but I know sooner or later I'll have to go. Can I try undies with him or can I try hiding it from him too?

Well if you have an accident at home without a diaper on, then your dad will have to help clean up after you, just like the aides. More work that could have been avoided.

He'll still be proud of you no matter what, even in diapers! And I'm very sure your dad would be even more proud of you taking precautions and appreciate you being super brave and awesome wearing the diapers, for just in case :D

And you probably don't need to have thicker diapers at home, just wear the thicker diapers for when you're at school or out of the house or to bed.
Thinner diapers or even a good pull-up style diaper should be fine at home since you're at home and closer to a bathroom.
Stick to a thicker diaper at night if you do have night time accidents though, better to have too much diaper at night than not enough and wet the bed!

TransNate said:
I am now home with my dad. Which is good, but he also hasn't had to deal with too many BMs either, due to only seeing him 1-2 days a week this year. I know it's a dumb question, but now that I'm not hiding it from my aides so much, can I hide it from my dad? I still want him to be proud of me.

Hide it from your dad? I'm confused again. In another thread/post you said your dad changes you while you sleep yet here you're saying you want to hide it from your dad?

Other thread

Scaramouche said:
Hide it from your dad? I'm confused again. In another thread/post you said your dad changes you while you sleep yet here you're saying you want to hide it from your dad?

Other thread

When I pee. I've pooped in my sleep one time. And that was very recently. When I live at home (on the weekends), my dad changes me in my sleep. I've just only pooped in my sleep once.

Ah. OK.

I don't get lots of people's behaviors. Autism does that. Sarcasm goes over my head, emotions make no sense to me. It's really a mess. But I am kinda getting the feeling you don't believe me. Which is kinda weird. I'll help you believe me if you want. Or I'll try.

Yeah, my dad helped me change today. He joked about it being yucky but he said it's okay and that's why I wear the diapers. Then we went and watched Spiderman because I love Spiderman.

I don't think it's people not believing you. I think that your situation is not typical and people here on ADISC are just trying to understand your situation better to give you good advice.

As far as BM's and your dad - I'll give you the same advice that you have gotten before with your aide: BM's are a natural outcome of your medical problems and therefore you should not be embarrassed to tell your dad (I realize this is easier said than done). He will find out sooner or later anyway.

TransNate said:
I don't get lots of people's behaviors. Autism does that. Sarcasm goes over my head, emotions make no sense to me. It's really a mess. But I am kinda getting the feeling you don't believe me. Which is kinda weird. I'll help you believe me if you want. Or I'll try.

Nate dear what you have to keep in mind is that as Baby Denise here says its NOT that they don't believe you dear, its more in your case as in mien (and others with this diagnoses ) that the way we communicate is often miss independent or sometimes viewed in other perspectives then for us with our diagnosis (for us it makes perfect since when we think it and either talk or put it in writing) now for those that not have this diagnosis our way of communicating can be confusing dear. As Baby Denise says when others ask you to further explain youre words it's NOT that they don't want to believe you dear its just that they care enough to actually want to try to get a clearer view on what youre actually saying so that they can then help you with your questions.

Instead of feeling that others choose not to believe you Nate you should be honored that they actually take there time to ask you to further elaborate youre feelings and statements its because they DO care about you Nate & rather then risking misunderstanding and give the wrong advice they want you to try to clarify so they can understand so that they can answer youre questions and help as best they can .

Believe me Nate i know the feeling of always feeling no one believes me and everyone dont understand me dear BUT in here we do try to understand and we are here to help and support each other as best we can :grouphug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back