Is the USPS getting very conservative with delivery estimates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So, on Saturday I got a delivery (DBS TCG Cards), 2 days ahead of when the tracking number initially said it would get delivered.

Now I have another shipment coming in (Cards again), and tracking is essentially saying they expect it to take 3 days from Pittsburgh PA to my house in Upstate NY, which should only take 1 or 2 days (if it shows that it is in the nearest big city to me tomorrow morning, then I know I will probably have the shipment later that day).

I understand being conservative like this if there were Far Spread Bad Weather Conditions, but the weather has been pretty good lately (except for the Hurricane going through the FL PanHandle).

I think companies tend to overestimate time of arrivals so customers don't get upset if the reverse happens, the product arriving late. I recently ordered a small stereo unit for my kitchen and it came a couple of days earlier than their spread of arrival dates. The stereo is a Denon and it's awesome.

USPS always quotes 2-3 days for priority mail no matter where it is coming from. If you're in the same metro area it may come the same day, most regional overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back