Does this work to wake up with a wet diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pika123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I wasn’t sure where to put this but I think here is best.
Most of you will probably know the ‘hand in warm water trick’ which basically is when someone is asleep you fill up a glass or bowl of warm water (it dose ‘t really mater what temperature it is, even if it is cold) and stick their hand in it and for whatever reason it makes them wet themselves. I have only had the luxury of waking up wet or even more wet a few times. So my question is, if I position myself to have my hand in water and fall asleep, will I wake up in a wet diaper? I am going to try to do this tonight, but if anyone could tell me if it works or not that would be great. My only concern is if it will fully drain my bladder throughout the night and will wake up with it leaked everywhere. I hav a box of booster pads that I might wear as well to help. Any thoughts or knowledge about this greatly appreciated! Thanks

I file this in the "Works for at least a few people, you might be one, won't know until you try." Mythbusters verified it's not a reliable universal effect.

You might wake up wet because the bowl of water spilled!

What works better is to drink 3 glasses of water right before bed, and use your diaper when you have to pee.

LittleICme said:
You might wake up wet because the bowl of water spilled!

What works better is to drink 3 glasses of water right before bed, and use your diaper when you have to pee.

And with doing this over and over (dozens, hundreds, thousands of times) there’s a possibility you’ll become a genuine bed-wetter.

I forgot about this trick! I think I will join you tonight and try for a wet diaper night too! My wife is out of town for the week so it will be a good time to try to bust myth busters findings!

I agree with the above.

One of the problems is how to keep your hand in the water long enough for the effect, if any, to occur. For people like me who move around a lot in my sleep, it would be very, very difficult.

These are my results. I went to bed dry and woke up.... drum roll please... in a wet diaper! But I did go to bed on a full bladder and very tired. I had the bowl on a small coffee table on the floor and didn’t knock it over which was good. I wore my TENA Flex Maxi it forgot booster which was comfortable and my body might have known it was ok to go as I had protection. I woke up about 2 hours later for whatever reason and I was wet then. So in conclusion I did wake up wet but there were other factors apart from the water bowl that could have cause it.

bigbabygirl said:
I forgot about this trick! I think I will join you tonight and try for a wet diaper night too! My wife is out of town for the week so it will be a good time to try to bust myth busters findings!

Bigbabygirl how did you go?

it doesnt work, hell some people are hyper sensitive and you will instantly wake them up...i know because i tested it on some people and it got me caught a few times

I had a difficult time being comfortable. I placed a half full 5 gallon bucket next to the bed on a step stool and tried sleeping on my stomach. I rolled over and spent the night without my hand in the water. When my alarm went off I hit snooze and tried again... nothing worked. I'll see if I can figure out another set up tonight and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back