Favorite Musical Artists

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriciadsykes79

Contributor
I'm only going to list a couple to start off with.

For me the 1st band that comes to mind is Linkin Park, I know they stayed famous and kept doing good as a band up to when Chester Bennington killed himself, but for me I see 2 "Eras" of Linkin Park, start until 04, and then 05 and onward, I loved their original songs in their early Era, but from 05 on I didn't care for many of their songs with only 2 or 3 since then standing out for me.

I've seen Linkin Park live in concert twice! they put on a great show.

My top five bands are
1. Pink Floyd
2. Radio head
3.System of a Down
4. Elliot Smith
5. David Bowie

*waves paws in the air and falls over*

TOO MANY. I can't even pick a top five to list because I like different stuff for different things. (IE How I'm feeling that day.)

In no particular order, my top five are:

Avenged Sevenfold
Dream Theater
Symphony X
Periphery
Breaking Benjamin

Idk the original poster here, but they literally took my original post from another topic and posted it as their original post here.

BabyTyrant said:
Idk the original poster here, but they literally took my original post from another topic and posted it as their original post here.

Huh. You're right. ( Original post is Here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/116000-Favorite-Musical-Artists-bands-that-have-sold-out )

I'm sorry I didn't realize it...I just skimmed the first post saw they 'liked' Linkin Park and answered the topic title 'question'. :\

But it is asked with a different question in mind. (Who do you like vs. who did you like before they changed) But yeah, could have totally written an original post and not copy/pasted someone elses.

BabyTyrant said:

Sorry for not noticing. I posting in your thread, I should have noticed. What a weird thing to plagiarize. Why copy someones post on a message board? Oh well.

Periphery is my number 1
Dream Theater
Haken
Animals as Leaders
After the Burial
(on the EDM side)
ODESZA
Virtual Riot

I'm not very picky when it comes to music, I'll listen to just about anything, the only genres of music that do absolutely nothing for me are Christian Rock and Screamo.

I guess I generally gravitate towards a lot of punk, post-punk, alternative rock stuff, bands and artists like REM, Husker Du, The Clash, Iggy Pop, The Replacements, Pavement, My Bloody Valentine, etc.

I also really like electronic and ambient music for some reason as well, artists like Daft Punk, Nicolas Jaar, Oneohtrix Point Never, Caribou and Fourtet.

I'm going to show my age but my four favorite artists are:

Bruce Springsteen
Billy Joel
Eric Clapton
Elton John

Finally! A topic I can go crazy with!

Here's my list in descending order:

1. Pearl Jam
2. Black Sabbath
3. Godsmack
4. Alestorm
5. Metallica
6. ANYTHINGMETALOMGMETALISLIFE!!!!!!!

Felix said:
Finally! A topic I can go crazy with!

Here's my list in descending order:

1. Pearl Jam
2. Black Sabbath
3. Godsmack
4. Alestorm
5. Metallica
6. ANYTHINGMETALOMGMETALISLIFE!!!!!!!

Some good stuff here, but also look into the following:
1. Volbeat
2. Parkway Drive
3. Godsmack
4. Shinedown
5. Halestorm
6. Pop Evil
7. Avenged Sevenfold
8. Seether

AnalogRTO said:
Some good stuff here, but also look into the following:
1. Volbeat
2. Parkway Drive
3. Godsmack
4. Shinedown
5. Halestorm
6. Pop Evil
7. Avenged Sevenfold
8. Seether

I'm not a big fan of Seether or Avenged Sevenfold. They sound too whiny to me. Most emo-style metal and rock turns me off.
The others are okay, but I'm pretty picky about vocals.

Felix said:
I'm not a big fan of Seether or Avenged Sevenfold. They sound too whiny to me. Most emo-style metal and rock turns me off.
The others are okay, but I'm pretty picky about vocals.

I got a couple of Avenged Sevenfold albums and the vocals bug the crap out of me, too. I'm waiting to meet someone who really really likes them and has just gotten into them so I can make a gift of the CD's to them.

Me?

I really love Sabaton, Lordi, Dio and Motörhead. :3 And then I show up with cute stuff on and scare the piss out of everyone with music. LOL

Queen.

Then in no particular order: Billy Squier, Styx, Eagles, Kenny Chesney, Shania, Rascal Flatts and a little bit of AC/DC in the mix. Really, too many to list.

Oh, and most Christmas music.

Of course I didn't even add in where I have all my influences on this from, like Grieg and other classical composers. Older rock like Queen, Metallica (older stuff), and things like that.

Speaking of influences...how about that Danish metal band with influences like Johnny Cash and Elvis Presley...
[video=youtube;5mV_HHL-h6g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mV_HHL-h6g[/video]
and then go look up '16 Dollars' by them as well

P. Diddy, Vanilla Ice and Mc Hammer

Metallica
Guns N Roses
Motörhead
Slayer
Black Sabbath
Alice In Chains
Iron Maiden
Venom
Avenged Sevenfold

I'll happily listen to a broad variety of things, but as my band choices demonstrate, I am first and foremost a metalhead. My favourite non-metal band is probably Pearl Jam.

Hmmm.. let me see...

Kate Bush
Autograph (American metal band 80s)
Bjork
Boney M.
Modern Talking
Trans-X
Rush
Split Enz
A Flock of Seagulls
Dragon (AUS rock band 70s/80s)
Dugites (AUS pop band early 80s)

Ok let's see, in no particular order these are my 5 favorites.

1) They Might Be Giants
2) The Beach Boys
3) Elvis Costello
4) DEVO
5) P!nk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back