TENA Flex Maxi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pika123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Before I make a big purchase I want to know if anyone has tried TENA Flex Maxi? Size: large, Male. If so I have a few questions about them.
First off how visible are they under clothes? When wet and/or messy?
How absorbable are they? I am in them 24/7 by choice if you could relate to number of wettings that would be awesome, but if not all good :)
How messy can they get?
Are they comfortable?
And lastly, do they last wet or messy overnight?

They are quite stealthy but try to keep them under longer shirts or jeans.
I am beetween sizes , what means that certain diapers on me are better in large and certain in medium size.
I founded that belted diapers ( Tena Flex or Attends Active slip ) are better for me in medium size . Its probably because they stick or rather to say land on tape landing area with kust one point and also you can keep them lower , what means they cover less space on belly.
They are comfortable and allow good movement.
Tena Flex Maxi can hold lot of wetting. For mess, O would say 1 mess, overnight probaly but depends with your position during dleep. For messing they are more daytime use. Mess usualy requires change, nevause of smell.

USA made Tena is pretty bad, I'd suggest going with something different if that's the case. You should stick to traditional tape tabbed diapers. The flex have a poor fit around the legs, which in turn will be more leak prone. These are designed for moderate leakage, not floods and will not be ideal for everyday use.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tena flex as mentioned have poor leg fit from my experience, they run large in sizing too as I would fit in a Tena slip maxi large perfectly but the flex were too big in same size, they are stealthy but when wet swell a lot and lose there stealth. Overall I did not like them at all. Uncomfortable, unreliable and poor fit. I actually think full diapers are more stealthy and way more comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine they must have gotten better but I tried them on release (well over 10 years ago) and found them the worst product I ever tried.

Leaks, gaps, wicking from the stupid belt.

I've worn Tena Flex as my regular daytime diaper for over two years after I kept leaking through pull-ups. They're a good choice if you're looking for something more absorbent than a pull-up but more discreet than a diaper with tapes. However, I wouldn't recommend them for bowel incontinence unless it was quite mild and you had some control. If not, you're better off trying the Tena slip instead.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

The slip maxi's from europe before 2015 were awesome, they were thin but had a great ratio of sap to fluff and swelled / wicked awesomely, then tena switched to an all cloth type outer shell and the diaper became a bust, sales took a nose dive and the manufacturers tried to do damage control buy re-releasing a new plastic shell diaper but they never regained the product quality that they use to have, the new plastic shell diaper is mediocre at best and doesn't even come close to product they once had (cost cuts)
With so many other choices out there I would buy a huge case of these, yes there fun to wear, but theres many other brands that exceed these at the same price point (check dry 24/7, better dry, Northshore supreme, abu simples, rearz inspire) also like one other poster said, the usa made tena diaper is to be avoided, for some reason, medical diapers in made in the US suck.

i tried to get samples from them and they sent me girl pads when calling them back about it they said they dont send out samples of the types that you said above and tried to get me to order from them and i told them i was not going to order a box of 15 to 30 diapers and use 1 to find out they was junk and told them to keep their junk

I'm a bit late to this but I used to wear them all the time. Now the ones I used were the European ones, I hear that US-made Tenas are nowhere near as good, so bear that in mind...

First off... They are NOT suitable for messing AT ALL. I mean it. Do not mess in these, don't even think about it. They are shaped very narrow in the back so they won't do anything to contain the mess at all. For the same reason, they are also totally unsuitable to wear at night. If you wet them lying down they WILL leak, and badly, no matter what position you're in. They are strictly a daytime-only, wetting-only product.

Stealth-wise, they are very good when dry, less so when wet because they contain a lot of SAP so they swell a lot.

Absorbency is very good, again because of the high SAP content, but they struggle with a full, sudden flood. They do best with incontinence like mine, near- constant dribbling. Because of their shape, they're more prone to leaking at the back, especially if you wet while sitting down.

Comfort; to me they are definitely more comfortable than taped nappies, except for one thing; the little velcro stickers on the front panel sometimes bend at the corners and when they do, that's very uncomfortable. Many times I had to snip that corner off with a pair of scissors. Their biggest advantage is being very quick, very quiet and very discreet to change, especially in public bathrooms. You can take one off and replace it with a new one in less than a minute.

If you are wanting to wear 24/7 including for messing, and at night, this is not the right product for you, unless you're planning to mix them up with something else as well, and only wear these for part of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back