Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMissPink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
So I brought this up a while ago but I was loooking at the Bambino site the other day and noticed this image:
https://bambinodiapers.com/pub/medi...036de70892d86c6d221abfe/c/l/classico_rear.jpg
https://bambinodiapers.com/pub/medi...036de70892d86c6d221abfe/c/l/classico_side.jpg

Notice the upside down V near the crotch? And how it bulges out like a spike/point at the back from the side shot? That happens to me in almost every diaper especially ABU single tape ones unfortunately.

The only few it doesn't happen to are
Tykables,
Barebum
Betterdry/Crinklz

All these are relatively thinner compared to the others so it's nowhere near like those product images.

Now I initially thought this had to do with me having a very small waist and the padding getting scrunched upwards. But to see this happening on a product image it now makes me ask the question if for others this is a normal thing?

How a diaper folds up in the crotch (front and back) can vary quite a bit. When changing into my overnight diaper, I usually have to spend a little more time getting it to unfold itself properly so I have a single downward channel in the front and in the back, so I don't leak overnight. Diapers don't usually get into this shape automatically when you put them on, though prefolding them before taping up can help encourage a good shape from the get-go.

On the other hand, my daytime diapers for work need to have a "W" fold in the middle so they stay centered on the crotch of my pants. It gets really uncomfortable if all of my diaper is on the left or right side leg opening of my pants. I wouldn't have to do this if my pants were looser fitting but they're work slacks so no choice there.

I might put up a how-to on getting the prefolds right and how to make "post-installation" adjustments to get that fit right.

You said this happens more with some diapers than with others. I think that has to do with how snug they fit you in the crotch. I've found diapers with less room downstairs tend to crease up vertically ("W") in the middle and back because there's no extra material to build that "pouch" / "channel" from. So, diapers with more length to them will probably make better channels on their own. A wider crotch also seems to help.

SweetPrincess said:
So I brought this up a while ago but I was loooking at the Bambino site the other day and noticed this image:
https://bambinodiapers.com/pub/medi...036de70892d86c6d221abfe/c/l/classico_rear.jpg
https://bambinodiapers.com/pub/medi...036de70892d86c6d221abfe/c/l/classico_side.jpg

Notice the upside down V near the crotch? And how it bulges out like a spike/point at the back from the side shot? That happens to me in almost every diaper especially ABU single tape ones unfortunately.

The only few it doesn't happen to are
Tykables,
Barebum
Betterdry/Crinklz

All these are relatively thinner compared to the others so it's nowhere near like those product images.

Now I initially thought this had to do with me having a very small waist and the padding getting scrunched upwards. But to see this happening on a product image it now makes me ask the question if for others this is a normal thing?
Are you folding them down the middle? This has helped me get rid of that problem in a lot of the diapers that do this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

bambinod said:
On the other hand, my daytime diapers for work need to have a "W" fold in the middle so they stay centered on the crotch of my pants. It gets really uncomfortable if all of my diaper is on the left or right side leg opening of my pants. I wouldn't have to do this if my pants were looser fitting but they're work slacks so no choice there.

That's what it's called the W fold. Got to remember that.
It's interesting that you actually like it like that for work. I hate it like that so much because it's not as smooth and sticks out.
If you have the time a how-to would be amazing on these folds. I do think I understand how to fold them but others might benefit from this and would be good knowledge I think for people who might end up disliking a certin nappy only because they were using the wrong fold.

Bladderbrain said:
Are you folding them down the middle? This has helped me get rid of that problem in a lot of the diapers that do this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Yeah I tried it and unfortunately it didn't help much. The only thing that actually got rid of it was putting something in the seat of the nappy to "push" the padding outwards instead of inwards.

SweetPrincess said:
That's what it's called the W fold. Got to remember that

Well that's what I call it anyway. Calling it a "channel" is also fairly popular. I think NorthShore Adam coined that one. He's got a few pictures up on the NorthShore website to demonstrate the concept. I also refer to the rounded crotch as a "V", though the ideal shape seems to be more of an upside-down mushroom. If I'm just sleeping on my back I can usually maintain the mushroom shape, but as soon as I turn on my side it's going to turn into a V.

It's interesting that you actually like it like that for work. I hate it like that so much because it's not as smooth and sticks out.

I'm not talking about that "beak in the back", just the "W" fold in the middle. I try to keep my back puckered IN for daytime. It fights the W in the front though, as the W tends to encourage that point in the back.

If you have the time a how-to would be amazing on these folds. I do think I understand how to fold them but others might benefit from this and would be good knowledge I think for people who might end up disliking a certin nappy only because they were using the wrong fold.

I've got a few features I need to do, maybe I can get myself in gear this weekend and get them done. I really need to rearrange things around the house here though so I have a good place to do these sorts of "photo shoots". My place is small and I really don't have a permanent "littles space" yet, but it's on my list of things to do!

Yeah I tried it and unfortunately it didn't help much. The only thing that actually got rid of it was putting something in the seat of the nappy to "push" the padding outwards instead of inwards.

Though Adam's got pictures of the "final product" I don't think he really has any "how-to" posted. I'll see what I can do. I've found the V in the middle has to be done before you start to tape up, but flattening out the back and getting it nicely rounded is something you really need to adjust after you're all taped up. (I've found if my diaper is creasing up into my butt crack overnight it often leads to 100% flow to one side or the other and then I get a leak, so I try to get the back nice and flat)

That happens a lot to me. I seems to smooth out when I use it though ��

This happens to me but after wearing them and a little use it goes away!!

I suggest that the title for your how-to's on creasing a diaper be called Diaper Oragami with Bambinod. XD

And I get that 'pointy butt' thing sometimes. I just get mad and poke the diaper until I get it to flatten out. (Or if the waistband is loose enough I reach in and poke at it from inside. That works slightly better, but then it means the waistband is probably too loose. XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back