If a major baby diaper brand made their diapers in adult sizes, would you buy them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolBirdsWearDiapers

The F1r3ch1ck3n Rises
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Someone made a thread on another board or forum about any 5 baby diapers brands, and it got me thinking. If this topic has been discussed before, please accept my apologies in advance.

If not, let's play. If say a baby diapers brand made their diapers in both baby/infant/toddler & adult sizes, would you buy them?

I'd say I would buy them, particularly Luvs, Huggies, or Pampers, but I'd also still buy one of the major adult diaper briefs brands too. One would be for when I need to do my daily "adulting" (obviously the adult diaper brands), but the baby diapers in adult sizes would be for play between myself and my future girlfriend (whom I would introduce to wearing adult diapers first, and hopefully get her to "play" with me in what I'd call "Diaper Time") to have fun, play like kids, and do the adult version of "playing house" without having actual children.

I don't think it'd be appropriate to have kids as an adult baby or diaper lover as it would make potty training difficult for the child. Plus, I wouldn't want a kid of mine blabbing to their child psychologists about their parents wearing diapers. That would be ... awkward.

-JTK 2018

-James T. Knight 2018
"Don't forget to wiggle your diaper butt at least once a day!"

"Be diapered & proud of it!"

"Accidents happen! That's why we are allowed to buy ADULT diapers!!"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would for sure give them a try!

Based on the incontinence briefs those big baby diaper companies have put out though I wouldn’t be holding out a lot of hope for them to be good performers but nice to dream!

Argent said:
I would for sure give them a try!

Based on the incontinence briefs those big baby diaper companies have put out though I wouldn’t be holding out a lot of hope for them to be good performers but nice to dream!
I agree. I don't know if I'd trust one to hold much. But it would still be fun for play times with a lover boyfriend, girlfriend, etc.

I'd certainly give them a try with a diaper lover lady friend.

-James T. Knight 2018
"Don't forget to wiggle your diaper butt at least once a day!"

"Be diapered & proud of it!"

"Accidents happen! That's why we are allowed to buy ADULT diapers!!"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Th3F1r3ch1ck3n said:
I don't think it'd be appropriate to have kids as an adult baby or diaper lover as it would make potty training difficult for the child. Plus, I wouldn't want a kid of mine blabbing to their child psychologists about their parents wearing diapers. That would be ... awkward.

That's really quite ignorant and rude you know. Plenty ABs have children, just like anything else that is too-adult for kids (yes I realize the irony) you don't show it in front of them. Plus there's the fact that there are incontinent people who have children, do you think those kids don't get potty trained?

It's great that you've shared this fantasy of what you'd do with your imaginary girlfriend and nothing wrong with not wanting kids yourself but please don't call ABs with children inappropriate, we are adults with a fetish that hide it from kids the same way every other parent hides their condoms, lube, and toys.

To answer your question though? I would wear the shit (hehe) out of adult sized luvs! The purple monkey print one please!

Reactions: Trevor
“I don't think it'd be appropriate to have kids as an adult baby or diaper lover as it would make potty training difficult for the child. Plus, I wouldn't want a kid of mine blabbing to their child psychologists about their parents wearing diapers.”

I would love clarification on this! Or to understand better.. maybe that’s not fair to ask?

Edited to add that I have no clue why the quotation cane out differently this time! I. Am. Struggling! :laugh:

Feyranna said:
That's really quite ignorant and rude you know. Plenty ABs have children, just like anything else that is too-adult for kids (yes I realize the irony) you don't show it in front of them. Plus there's the fact that there are incontinent people who have children, do you think those kids don't get potty trained?

It's great that you've shared this fantasy of what you'd do with your imaginary girlfriend and nothing wrong with not wanting kids yourself but please don't call ABs with children inappropriate, we are adults with a fetish that hide it from kids the same way every other parent hides their condoms, lube, and toys.

To answer your question though? I would wear the shit (hehe) out of adult sized luvs! The purple monkey print one please!

You saved me the trouble of addressing this bit of craziness. There's nothing about being an ABDL that has any relevance on fitness to be a parent. We get enough baseless suspicion from others without fostering it ourselves.

As to the question, if a diaper doesn't crinkle, it's no fun for me, so I don't have any interest in modern baby diapers being made big.

With regards to the question at hand, if the companies making the diapers were making older brands in adult sizes, I would definitely be a customer. As Trevor has said though, if they make scaled up versions of a lot of the modern brands, then it's a no go for me. I prefer a bulky, crinkly, plastic backed diaper to the wafer thin, cloth backed brands that are pretty much the status quo now.

Also, as many have pointed out, there is no reason why someone who is AB or DL can't be a good parent. As many have pointed out, there are numerous members on ADISC who have kids and I'm sure having bigger diapers around, which they probably weren't even around, didn't make potty training awkward, I'm even more certain that many of their kids didn't need to see a shrink. Bottom line, it's called Adult Baby for a reason, at the end of the day we are Adults, if we end up starting families, we put away the baby things for a while and focus on the task at hand, heck I'm nowhere near in a position to have kids and even I can put away the baby things when the going gets tough and I have a lot on my plate. As long as the diapers and role-play are kept in the bedroom and not out for all to see, they're not a problem. I personally don't know if I want kids or not, I tend to flip flop on the subject, my reasons for not wanting them right now are tied to financial concerns and the fact that I have yet to meet "the one", that special person I want to spend my life and maybe start a family with. It's an absurd insinuation that an AB should avoid being an actual parent because of their unique lifestyle choice/fetish. Not wanting kids is fine, but suggesting that AB's should avoid having kids of their own seems very ignorant. If that bit of unnecessary unpleasantness was left out of the thread, this actually would've been a decent topic.

Doesn't ABU provide a single tabbed diaper that resembles real baby diapers. I think these might be identical to what the OP is referring to. It certainly sounds close.

dogboy said:
Doesn't ABU provide a single tabbed diaper that resembles real baby diapers. I think these might be identical to what the OP is referring to. It certainly sounds close.

Yes they most certainly do, actually mentioned them in a reply to another thread here:

https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthr...d-make-an-adult-replica-of-any-5-baby-diapers

ABU SDK's are modelled after early 90's Pampers Baby Dry, they're actually one of my go to diapers for that reason alone. There's also ABU Kiddo's that look a lot like modern baby diapers. So I guess, I already buy an up-scaled version of a baby diaper.

I think the OP's question was more along the lines of if Luvs, Pampers and Huggies actually offered adult versions of their regular brands, would you buy them. As I have said, if they made adult versions of their older brands, yes. If they made adult versions of their current lines, no.

If they were actually good quality and absorbent yes.

But the companies to do make baby diapers as well as adult diapers tend to make disappointing adult diapers.

I wouldn't really care much for the design on the exterior of the diaper but it would be certainly interesting to see what a scaled up version of a babies diaper would be like performance wise, the likes of Pampers and Huggies have spent years perfecting and refining their designs so surely they could use that expertise on a adult diaper. A adult version of Cruisers/Active Fit would be interesting, you know they could do a proper IC lines of products as X brand from the people behind Pampers, but since the everyday consumer brands of IC products like depends are not great why bother.

Yeah, obviously. I mean, if they're making them, they're looking for a customer base somewhere.I'd jump with fucking joy if goodnights came out with an XL/XXL size, I'd buy two packs immediately.

I think it would be great if someone broke down the barrier between "nappies" and "incontinence products" by having a range that just went seamlessly into adult sizes. Whether or not they had babyish designs - and if they wanted to target the true incontinent demographic, they probably wouldn't - having an adult sized "Pampers" would just send out the message that nappies are for all ages!

Any of the pampers or luvs from the late 90's, I know ABU has the SDK's but they arnt perfect so (other companies could make similar variations still) , the luvs with Barney on them would be cool but copyright would never allow that, But really 90's diaper design where most of the diaper is white but it has that spot thats extra plasticy where the design and the tapes go, those are all pretty mint Or would be realy cool if someone made a adult version of huggies pullups, they have made a lot of cool/good ones.

Hard to tell what i would do. But it sure should be something new and exacting to learn and read about. It also should create allot of different discussions.

Any of the early 80's diapers!! That would be some serious childhood memories!!

Not unless they were to make medically-themed ones. I do not for even 1 percent consider my self as an 'AB'... So, not really no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back