Putting on diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob110 said:
I find standing up and using a wall to hold the diaper inplace works best for me and after a lot of practice and 3.5 years of being diapered 24/7 changing does not take long at all :)

I agree you can get a tighter fit if you lay down to put on your diaper but its not practical when you are out and about so standing is my prefered way to change

I only wear diapers at night so having nothing to lay on isn't an issure [emoji16][emoji16]

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

It comes down to experience and trial and error. We’re all different, so there’s really no uniform answer. As for me, fold lengthwise, position between your legs, spread the back open so it’s smooth and tight across your butt, typically the back top goes to about the small of your back, lean back against the wall to hold it in place and open you legs some to make sure it fits tightly into your crotch, pull the front in under the back as tightly as possible and tape the bottom rt tape, repeat on the left, it helps to bend forward just slightly, next stand straight up away from the wall and pull up so it’s placed well, powder and tape the top tapes. The bottom tapes should point up slightly while the tops point down some.

I also agree with the suggestion of starting with cloth backs bc they are refastenable if you miss.

trouble63 said:
It comes down to experience and trial and error. We’re all different, so there’s really no uniform answer. As for me, fold lengthwise, position between your legs, spread the back open so it’s smooth and tight across your butt, typically the back top goes to about the small of your back, lean back against the wall to hold it in place and open you legs some to make sure it fits tightly into your crotch, pull the front in under the back as tightly as possible and tape the bottom rt tape, repeat on the left, it helps to bend forward just slightly, next stand straight up away from the wall and pull up so it’s placed well, powder and tape the top tapes. The bottom tapes should point up slightly while the tops point down some.

I also agree with the suggestion of starting with cloth backs bc they are refastenable if you miss.

Alright thanks. So I should start with the lower tapes and I shouldn't do the straight but a bit upwards?

I've always found three-tape diapers the easiest to put on. Standing up, I do the middle tapes first. Then lay down (at home) or bend over/squat (in public stall) to do the bottom tapes snug against either leg. And finally the top tapes, standing up again, to secure the waistband. I've been in diapers for years, and never felt like I was getting the perfect fit every time before discovering this method (after LOTS of trial and error!)

inconsurferdude said:
I've always found three-tape diapers the easiest to put on. Standing up, I do the middle tapes first. Then lay down (at home) or bend over/squat (in public stall) to do the bottom tapes snug against either leg. And finally the top tapes, standing up again, to secure the waistband. I've been in diapers for years, and never felt like I was getting the perfect fit every time before discovering this method (after LOTS of trial and error!)
Hmm okay. I don't use three-tape diapers and I put them on laying down because I can't do it standing up

When I first started wearing Abena (two tape on either side) during the day, I would draw a line with Sharpie on either side of the front while they were still folded to have something visual to align the tape to. In my experience, a diaper in the correct size can "fit" in a lot of ways, so long as the tapes are symmetrical.

I always put my diaper on while standing. I put on the bottom tapes first. I know where the tapes are going to have to be from past experience. I always put the tapes in the same spot on the diaper, using any markings or the outline of the padding as a guide.

dlnotab said:
I always put my diaper on while standing. I put on the bottom tapes first. I know where the tapes are going to have to be from past experience. I always put the tapes in the same spot on the diaper, using any markings or the outline of the padding as a guide.
I try to do the same every time but it's weird that the lower tapes are kinda on the side of the diaper, while the top tapes are in the front of the diaper

I have had little success trying to put on a disposable diaper while lying down, I watched the video looks easy, will try again

I've heard that putting a diaper on while laying down gets you the bets fit when you'll be laying down using it (like sleeping), and putting one on standing is best if you'll be walking around and being generally upright when you use it. Makes sense to me, but I can't really test it as I've never gotten a good fit while laying down, personally.

PlotTwist said:
I've heard that putting a diaper on while laying down gets you the bets fit when you'll be laying down using it (like sleeping), and putting one on standing is best if you'll be walking around and being generally upright when you use it. Makes sense to me, but I can't really test it as I've never gotten a good fit while laying down, personally.
I only use them for sleeping

I get a better fit laying down if I'm going to be sleeping. If I'm going to be moving around I get a better fit standing up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back