Thread: Acen 2009

Default Acen 2009

Well, this weekend is the anime convention in Rosmont and I'm really excited. I went last year (Dressed as link of course) and it was a lot of fun. I wanted to know if anyone else was going. If so, I'd like to find ya. If not, then I'm just going to use this thread to brag about how much fun I had when I get back.

Well, I guess no one else was going. Oh well, I had a blast. Me and my Blarg dressed as Jin and Mugen from Samurai Champloo (I was Jin), and our costumes were really good. Everyone was able to tell who we were. There were a tun of people dressed up, and some of them were really really good. I think the coolest one was someone who dressed up as the guy from god of war, his costume was perfect. Oh ya, there were a few people dressed as link, and that made me happy (I was link last year so I had to be someone new).

I played in a Super Smash Brothers Brawl tournament, but I lost first round. I had been training for 6 months, but there was a full secont of dele on the TV so I couldn't do anything. It ticked me off so much.

I learned how to play D&D at one of the table top games. It was actually a lot of fun. I was an archer and I could do a lot of damage if the dice were on my side. At one point, me and someone else were having really bad luck with the dice, so we switched and every time something good happened we would blame it on the switch.

I did a magic the gathering draft tournament. I made a really good deck even though I didn't know anything from the new set. I almost won a free pack of cards, but I lost my last round because I was mana scrued. There is nothing worse than that.

I think my favorite part was just walking around the convention talking to random people. I would see someone with an interesting costume, talk to them, take a picture, get a picture taken, and just enjoy their compony. It felt like the playground rules from way back when. If you help someone dig a hole, your instantly best friends untell you separate, then you completly forget the other person. The con was kind of like that.

I'll try to find a picture of me posted on the internet. If I find one I'll post it here.

I'm from Chicago, but not into anime. Sorry. Sounds like fun, though. *grin*

I'm not really into anime either. I told one of my friends I saw an episode of full metal alchemist on tv and they said I should go to acen. There's so much stuff that even if you hate anime you'd find something to love about acen.