Crinklz Aquanaut Diapers -- I love them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TabulaRasa2017

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Poohbearboy started a thread on these diapers which are available from NorthShore care supply that piqued my interest. He ordered the Astronaut versions, but I happened to find the Aquanaut prints oh-so cute: https://www.northshorecare.com/crinklz-briefs.html.

Warning -- Personal tastes: I'm always on the lookout for babyish or toddler-like diapers, so I have zero interest in anything medical looking at all. And until this purchase, I have always opted for ABUniverse single tab diapers because that's what real babies/toddlers wear ... and I'm a baby boy, so it fits.

Nothing against ABUniverse - I have been overall very happy with their Kiddos, Cushies, and Super Dry Kids diapers, but I have had some leakage problems. I don't typically flood my diapers, and I don't typically wet several times (I'm usually one and done), but quite a few times now I've had the unfortunate sensation of urine dribbling down my leg. :sad: And as many of you know, ABU has had difficulties keeping many varieties and sizes in stock for long.

Then I saw Poohbearboy's post about the NorthShore Crinklz diapers and read the positive reviews from people and thought I'd check it out. They come 15 to a pack, rather than 10 as for ABU, and the cost is a little bit less, so you're paying less per diaper. They are 2 tapes per side (a total of 4) as opposed to the 1 per side I like, but I guess I'm a big baby so maybe this helps with leaks. There is no landing zone, which means wherever you stick the tapes, that's probably where they should stay. I found I could untape and readjust them carefully, but you do risk tearing the diaper or tapes, so be careful. They are certainly a bit puffier than the ABU diapers, but since I'm not wearing these in public and because I want to look like a toddler when I play, I don't have any issues with that. They make some noise, but nothing different than most of the other diapers I've tried.

But OMG, they are soooooo cute. I love that they have an elastic waist band in front and back -- I don't know why I like it so much but I just do for the aesthetics alone. And they have yet to leak on me. And I've wet them pretty good and worn them for awhile after wetting, including sleeping in them, and no leaks. :smile1:

Some folks had received diapers with faulty leak guards, but I'm happy to say I did not have that problem. And the leak guards stand very tall and seem to work really well. Also, when you wet these, they swell a bit and get a little stiff ... I rather like that, but some of you may not. And at least for me, the leg gathers work really well and really hug the insides of my thighs, helping to prevent leaks.

The only thing I noticed once was that I was sitting in one for an hour or so after wetting while chatting with a friend, and when I went to change the blue ink from the print had transferred a little bit onto my inner thigh. But that washed right off.

Anyway, for me, these are probably my new go-to diaper, even though they have the four tapes. The price is great, especially for 15, and I received them within a few days of ordering them. To be fair to ABU, I've never tried their 4 tape diapers, so the jury is still out there. But I have to say, Crinklz diapers are just about the nicest toddler-like diapers I have ever tried, and did I mention that the Aquanaut print is the cutest? :biggrin:

Be well everyone!

Tab

My personal experience with crinklez is that the tapes don't work. I've had them pop many times. twice it happened before I could even finish putting the diaper on.

I have a bag of the crinklz original print from Northshore. I have only tried on two so far but overall i'm pleased with them. The plastic is a bit thin for my liking and I have never been a fan of second chance tapes but they are okay on these. The first one I tried when I was changing it my finger hit the leak guard and it literally popped off of the frame of the diaper which I thought was weird. Didn't happen to the second one I tried so maybe I was one of the lucky ones that got a bad one out of the batch. Hopefully they aren't all like that.

They are significantly thicker and stiffer in the front then my daily wearer which leads to a pretty babyish feeling. Only other complaint really and it's probably just the way it fits me, the lower tapes are really low and the upper tapes are really high creating a huge space in between the lower and top tapes. This causes the lower tape to start sticking to my leg after the plastic has adjusted and settled and a huge flap of folded over plastic in between the top and lower tapes when the diaper is put on and fit to how it's worn comfortably. Almost like one tape is on your thigh and one is on your belly/hip. Essentially it's just not a "clean" looking diaper which kicks me in my un-necessary diaper OCD. Maybe the third time will be a charm if I place the lower tapes higher up on the diaper. Just seems to me they could have been cut a little bit better/neater but all in all not a bad diaper and I am generally pleased with them. I really had to be nit picky about it to find the negatives.

NeverKnow said:
However, I wouldn't say that any of the prints have the most successful babyish design.

I would tend to agree with you on that. I wonder if Adam from North Shore could comment on the new designs in regards to any product improvement from the original pressings.

TabulaRasa2017 said:
Poohbearboy started a thread on these diapers which are available from NorthShore care supply that piqued my interest. He ordered the Astronaut versions, but I happened to find the Aquanaut prints oh-so cute: https://www.northshorecare.com/crinklz-briefs.html.

... There is no landing zone, which means wherever you stick the tapes, that's probably where they should stay...

With Crinklz and most other diapers with no landing zone...they use a 2-part tape for refastenability. After affixing the tapes, if you want to open the tapes...only remove the white top layer tape. The blue bottom layer must stay in place or it will tear the shell upon removal. When ready to re-close, you put the white tape back on top of the blue tape where you found it. You can usually repeat this 2 or three times as needed before the white tape loses its stickiness.

Last edited:
NorthShoreAdam said:
With Crinklz and most other diapers with no landing zone...they use a 2-part tape for refastenability. After affixing the tapes, if you want to open the tapes...only remove the white top later tape. The blue bottom layer must stay in place or it will tear the shell upon removal. When ready to re-close, you put the white tape back on top of the blue tape where you found it. You can usually repeat this 2 or three times as needed before the white tape loses its stickiness.

Thank you, NorthShoreAdam, for the helpful advice -- I did not know that! I love these cute diapers so thank you.

Be well,

Tab

NorthShoreAdam said:
With Crinklz and most other diapers with no landing zone...they use a 2-part tape for refastenability. After affixing the tapes, if you want to open the tapes...only remove the white top layer tape. The blue bottom layer must stay in place or it will tear the shell upon removal. When ready to re-close, you put the white tape back on top of the blue tape where you found it. You can usually repeat this 2 or three times as needed before the white tape loses its stickiness.

The rev2 from thrust vector all have the same issue with the tapes. It's a problem of the microtexture and stretch of the shell. The (blue) tapes are very sticky, but still struggle to stay put under load. I attach my uppers somewhat loose because of that generous waist elastic, but the lowers usually have to be fastened a little tighter to prevent leaks. It's very common for a tape to slip and reattach itself an inch or so back from its original position. As someone else mentioned earlier here, I've also had lower tapes pop completely and actually stick down on my leg.

I don't know if this is a fixable issue, without changing the shell. And I honestly don't think that's a good idea. I love the softness and slight stretch it has, and adore the high res prints, and I think you'd have to sacrifice that to improve the tape performance, so I'd suggest leaving it as-is.

Sidenote: the white retapes are about twice as likely to pop. Anytime I have to move a tape, (or put one back where it was before since the blue has migrated back an inch!) I always get out some duct tape etc to hold down the white tape because I've never seen one stay put for any length of time, often popping within minutes.

I just accept this as a necessary tradeoff with these diapers

I have to agree Crinklz have become my new goto diaper. I love the look, the most importantly the performance is outstanding. Plus the price is very reasonable as well.

I wear the plain white version (Betterdry) to manage my incontinence and have tried a few bags of the printed version just for fun and for a change from plain white diapers I have to say they are the best diaper I have worn as they manage my bladder issue both day and night with no issues.

I just changed into a fresh one, I will be giving this diaper a workout today, lots of gardening planned, from weeding, planting and mulch spreading. There will be tons of movement so i'll be able to monitor the tapes to see if they hold up. So far I've had no issues with the tapes or leaks, but I was just using this diaper for normal use, no extreme work or anything.

I just purchased some last week. They seem great in all aspects but just okay with the tapes. They have not popped off but they have migrated some overnight. Overall though, I am still happy with the purchase and would get them again. Ocean print all the way!

I really love the Crinklz too! Have all 3 designs but I think the astronauts might be my favorite. Really close race though!

A lot of people complain about the tapes but I've never had an issue surprisingly. Never a single pop. Granted, I don't wear them out often so maybe that has something to do with it

I don't have issues with the tapes moving after I figured out that you need to rub / put pressure on the tapes after setting them to get good adhesion. I also had issues with the lower tapes migrating down onto my legs until I figured out to place them at an angle higher up the front - this also eliminated some bad chafing I was getting between my crotch and legs. I really like this diaper a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back