Diaper recommendation for a new-comer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

circ211

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey everyone. Even though I've been into diapers for a little while, I always crappy store-bought diapers that never seemed to do the job for me (usually Real Fits :\ ). I was hoping you could give me some suggestions.

I'm not real into baby-style prints since I'm not an AB, although they arent a deal breaker since I usually wear pants over them anyway.
What's your favorite diapers that don't show (too much) under clothes and can take a lot of wetting and the occasional mess? I prefer slip ons, but tapes dont bother me. If thats too vague, let me know. Remember, I'm fairly new to this haha.

Thanks!

The moment you ever have to change in a nasty stall is a day where you'd likely swear off pullups. I changed in a stall today where I was happy I didn't have to remove shoes or pants.

Abena Abri-form M4, Comfidry 24/7, NorthShore Supreme are all high end non-ABDL diapers, and a great to try.

There are no pullups I'd recommend. Most are made for light bladder leaks, and not actual wettings.

I like BetterDry when I can afford them. Otherwise, it's Northshore plastic or cloth backed. I really like their pullup Go Supreme. I have not had a leak with them. I have never messed one, though.

circ211 said:
Hey everyone. Even though I've been into diapers for a little while, I always crappy store-bought diapers that never seemed to do the job for me (usually Real Fits :\ ). I was hoping you could give me some suggestions.

I'm not real into baby-style prints since I'm not an AB, although they arent a deal breaker since I usually wear pants over them anyway.
What's your favorite diapers that don't show (too much) under clothes and can take a lot of wetting and the occasional mess?

Thanks!
Well I can't give any kind of suggestions on pull on diapers, but I have a good few tape on suggestions! ^u^

Abena M4 (plastic backed)
These were my introduction into premium diapers years ago and have been using them for a good while and can say they're alright. Tapes are ok, fit is good, somewhat thick, holds a fair amount and swells an ok amount as well. These are pretty stealthy under loose pants.
Not the highest quality, but certainly better than Depends, store brands and hospital diapers :p

North Shore Supreme
is pretty alright too.
The waist rise is a little lower than most and the diaper is pretty stiff out of the pack, but they're thicker than Abena M4, hold a pretty good amount, swell decently, wick moisture throughout the padding effectively, have good standing leak guards and pretty good tapes.
Also somewhat stealthy under loose pants.
Plus if you contact them they'll send you free samples if you need to get your sizing right.

ABU Simple(not the ultra, haven't tried those yet) is another plain diaper option.
Not the cheapest but are really soft, Really thick and cushy out of the pack, hold plenty and swell a good amount, have a front taping panel(for easier re-taping/refitting), wide padding throughout and really good standing leak guards.
Can easily hold a big first flood and any big messes you intend put in there.
Not the stealthiest under loose pants so be careful, especially when you start to saturate them.

Another one I'd absolutely say to try is the Betterdry diapers.
Basically one of the best performing and best price to performance plain diapers being made right now.
The price on these can't really be beat for what you get. They're pretty thick out of the pack, hold a ton and swell a lot, the standing leak guards are really good and the tapes do their job good.
Kinda not super stealthy under loose pants. Be weary when these things are reaching saturation, these things poof up and swell quite a bit when wet.

Hope this helps! :biggrin:

Another vote for M4s.

Pull Ups style aren't going to be very absorbent compared to Taped Diapers, as for suggestions, there are lots of great products out there and most of the best ones have a print on them, I love both Little Pawz as well as Tykables Overnights, but there are lots of thinner ones that still absorb a lot, I like the BareBums for example, great quality, nice print, and they absorb a lot even though amongst the most comfortable I've ever worn.

I'd recommend ABU simple. I prefer littlepawz but that's because I like the print and simple, space, and littlepawz have the same performance.

BetterDry

There's quite a few options out there right now and you're not really narrowing things down for us so that's why you're getting more opinions than anything else. Help us narrow it down a bit.

- what country do you live in?
- what's your max budget for an order? and how many diapers do you want to get for that amount of money? (may relate to how much space you have to store an order of diapers - ie do you really want a case?)

pull-ups are usually lower quality in many regards. you mentioned you wanted a pullup and good capacity, and that's a hard combination to find

You should definitely go to Northshore and either buying their Northshore brand diapers or Betterdry. You will not be disappointed with either.

My favorite daytime padding if I need discreetness and easy changing is a molicare super slip. I’ve never been detected unless I were to go out in something skintight like yoga pants or leggings. However, the cloth back doesn’t hide odor, of either urine or feces very well, so you’ll have to change relatively quickly.

Discrete and highly absorbent diapers don't typically go together. You have to choose one or the other. Discreet diapers are usually thin, and really don't absorb much, but they're typically for lighter incontinence issues and/or time when you have extra time for changes and stuff, they typically don't absorb floods very well. There also tend to be cheaper, and have less features that you'd would probably prefer to have.

Thicker diapers aren't as poofy as you might think they are, until (of course) it gets used and swells. They cost more, yes, but, they allow you to feel more confident when using these products. They last longer, and when you get to AB/DL diapers, they usually include the best features, with the highest quality of materials that can make your experience much better. Like extra tall leak guards that keep everything inside better. A higher capacity that can extend your wearing sessions.

You can experiment and try different kinds, but I'd highly recommend to go with the better suggestions that people have listed. You'll be much happier knowing that you got your money's worth, not have to be nervous about leaking, tapes staying put, sag, bad fits, poor quality and ect.

I'd also recommend to invest in a plain onesie (snap crotch shirts) it'll help you be more discrete and prevent the diapers from peeking, sagging, and help your poor taping skills to keep it snug to the body and make it tougher for odors to escape (as long as it's plastic backed diapers). You want it to fit kinda snug so measure yourself correctly, they are truly a diaper's best friend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PaddedDeist said:
The moment you ever have to change in a nasty stall is a day where you'd likely swear off pullups. I changed in a stall today where I was happy I didn't have to remove shoes or pants.

I'm always amazed that people don't figure out how to layer. Pullups are THE EASIEST diaper to get on & off (rip the sides, and be done with it), and wearing a pair, at the same time, insures you've always got a spare, right there. Rip the wet one off, no big deal in any bathroom stall, no matter who's listening. Pull up the dry one.

You've got to use your imagination, and your intellect, to make stuff work...

I use Depends RealFits inside an Abena M3 pullup, and I love the feel, and the function. If I use the Depend, I can easily toss it, and use the more absorbent Abena. I'll usually reserve the Abena by changing the Depend in a safe spot, not a bathroom. That way I can decide when I want the better absorbence of the Abena. You can layer 3 RealFits, without too much showing, if you wear the right clothing.

JamieBoy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back