Trying my first medical diaper, Tena Slip Ultima

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkjo

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Arrived today after the delivery was delayed (supposed to arrive yesterday). The pack contains 21 diapers, unlike most others which usually contain 10 to 15. This is the cloth-backed version, not to be mistaken with the platic backed version (I believe it's called Slip Active Fit, at least in the UK).

According to Tena, the Ultima is the highest absorbency, one level higher than Maxi. The diaper itself is surprisingly thin, compared to the other AB diapers I've tried before such as ABU Space, Tykables, and the like. It's even thinner than Crinklz and Tykables Little Builders. Being cloth backed, it's very silent and breathable, but lacks the signature "crinkling" sound the plastic diapers make. It also uses refastenable hook tapes (similar to Tykables), however the tapes are somewhat smaller and not as strong as the ones on Tykables.

I haven't found the maximum capacity yet, but I've wet it twice and it still holds well with no leaks. It swells quite a lot, though.

A pack of 21 (medium size) costs £14.95 on NappiesRUs.

Update : It finally leaked after around 4 wettings, though only slightly after I sit down. Capacity is very good, and it swells a lot when full.

Last edited:
Been a longtime since I trusted Tena, do you feel they rate in absorbency and capacity against ABDL diapees?

Argent said:
Been a longtime since I trusted Tena, do you feel they rate in absorbency and capacity against ABDL diapees?

The capacity definitely comparable against ABDL diapers. This is just a rough measure, but I would suggest that its actual capacity is around 2000 to 2100ml.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back