So on another site I visit frequently there is a thread like this, and I think it's interesting to see how games have affected people, be it because you've wasted a lot of time on the game, because the game has made you think differently, or whatever other reason there might be... so I thought I'd make a thread here as well. The list doesn't have to be numbered (though it can be if you want to), and it can be console as well as PC games.
My list would look like this:
- World of Warcraft - I wasted countless hours on this game, probably close to a full year (24/7/365) when all characters are combined. I like to think that my leadership and teamwork skills have improved from this game though... at least just to convince myself that it wasn't a TOTAL waste of time.
- Counter-Strike - The first multi-player FPS I played and also the first game that I spent many hours a day on for a long period.
- Final Fantasy IX - The first fantasy game I was hooked on, and one of the games that made me realize that good stories don't have to come from books or movies. I didn't even understand english too well at the time, but I still loved it.
- Diablo II - The first multiplayer fantasy game I played, and I spent quite a lot of time on this as well (though not as much as on WoW or CS).
- Half-Life - First single-player FPS I played, and it led me to CS.