Status
Not open for further replies.

LiteBrite

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I've been using disposables for as long as I can remember since washing cloth diapers was never a possibility in the past. Even though I grew up in the 60s and was in cloth + plastic pants, disposables have always had an appeal for me and I never gave it much thought. I'm not choosey I pretty much like any quality diaper I've tried and I have a large stash of disposables from a variety of places that I wear everyday. Recently though I have been inching towards trying cloth partly out of guilt of all of the waste and partly out of curiosity . I finally decided to give it a try and bought a couple of prefold Rearz diapers, some vinyl pants and a few Snappi's connectors. Just tried them this morning and wow, I was so very happy. They were very comfortable and really absorbent and probably made me feel more than a little nostalgic. It really made for a great morning. Now I'm just waiting for the chance to use them overnight sometime soon.

I really like the cloth diapers I’ve tried. They are super thick and to me more comfortable and breathable than disposables. However cleaning them makes me not use them much and they’re pretty bulky under daytime clothes making it hard to conceal and wear out.

I’ve never been that into cloth. But I also don’t use them, just wear them. They’re just not soft enough unless I make them myself out of other materials. Which I’ve done before.

The Rearz bulky fitted nighttime diapers with Velcro® are my current favorite ... all the comfort of prefolds without the bother of pins. The Gary plastic pants I wear sometimes get a little warm, but these diapers actually hold a lot. I've been very impressed.

I put a baby prefold in as a diaper liner, and it adds a little absorbency as well. BMs have always been 'contained' in the prefold, which is easily emptied and rinsed in the toilet.

I currently have 5 of these in my 'stash,' and enjoy wearing them almost daily. They are not particularly expensive, and well worth trying.

I tried several different disposables (not great ones, I'll admit, because I didn't know about premium brands) before I settled into cloth…I immediately fell in love with them when I did. I'm almost 24/7, and almost more comfortable than I have ever been. It's already worked out as a savings over disposables. Plus, you can wash these with baby stuff and get that perfect smell.

Disposables have their place for me, out of town, on the road etc. But nothing feels "little" like cloth/plastic/pins.

I like my cloth diapers and plastic pants and use them most of the time. They are a lot less expensive than disposables, but you have to spend time washing them. I save my disposables for vacation and when cloth diapers would be inconvenient. I also use regular diaper pins. I have gotten pretty good at handling them when I change also.

Last edited:
I've never tried cloth. I like my disposables. I did buy a couple of brief style cloth diapers. They look like a disposable but they're washable. They weren't very absorbant and leaked every time. Waste of money, I threw them out.

Last edited:
littlemoosey said:
Disposables have their place for me, out of town, on the road etc. But nothing feels "little" like cloth/plastic/pins.

I use cloth and plastic pants regularly, and disposables like "littlemoosey" said. However, I use pull-on cloth diapers, so no diaper pins.

Cloth diapers are soft, comfortable, absorbent and authentic. Use them with plastic baby pants and feel like a real baby!

Just today, I bought a square of fabric to use as a flat diaper (which I've never tried before). I think this fabric is not often used as diaper material, but it feels amazing. It's a cotton material that is woven so that it has quare indentations and looks like a waffle (I'm pretty sure that has a specific name, I just don't know it.) This fabric is also used for towels, so it can probably absorb quite a bit of liquid, though I don't intend to use it for that purpose. I just hemmed the edges, grabbed some diaper pins and then spent about an hour trying to figure out how to put the darn thing on xD

I don't know if anyone has any opinion on this, but right now I think I like the airplane fold the best. Everything else kept slipping or unfolding on me or was just too bulky in some places. Maybe the square is a bit too big for me, hopefully a hot wash will shrink it a bit, but this fold is also really customizable, so I can fold it down to my size.
I kind of want a snappi closure as well, but since I don't really want to order online, I might just have to deal with pins. I also have a diaper cover that I made a while back, so that helps keeping everything in place.

Also, something great about this fabric is that it looks like a blanket, and since I live with my mum, this means I can hide it in plain sight. Originally I was going to buy a terry cloth material or just gauze if I didn't find that, but this is a lot more convenient. And if I really want a terry cloth diaper, I can just fold a towel into my diaper cover as an insert.

Plastic pants somehow aren't very appealing to me...of course, due to my age I'm missing the nostalgia factor, but also I prefer everything I wear to be washable. If I ever get my hands on a washable PUL fabric I might make a cover out of that since my current cover isn't 100% waterproof, but that would mostly be for realism's sake.

I bought one from BiggerDiapers.com. recently. And oh my God. It's so cute and feels amazing. I was very surprised at the fit. I want another. Apprently, the outer is water resistant? But it's not PVC.

I had tried 2 styles PVC backed from Rearz. One is ok, the other does not fit right, so I was not happy with it.

I have some ugly flannel sheets I want to cut up and maybe use as prefolds. I'd love to switch to cloth, but I keep busting plastic pants somehow. :/

keepindl said:
I bought one from BiggerDiapers.com. recently. And oh my God. It's so cute and feels amazing. I was very surprised at the fit. I want another. Apprently, the outer is water resistant? But it's not PVC.

I had tried 2 styles PVC backed from Rearz. One is ok, the other does not fit right, so I was not happy with it.

I have some ugly flannel sheets I want to cut up and maybe use as prefolds. I'd love to switch to cloth, but I keep busting plastic pants somehow. :/
Go a size up in pants to what you would normally use with disposables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back