Have you ever tried to sit in the child seat of a shopping cart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaciL0ver

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Have you ever tried to sit in the child seat of a shopping cart? It seems that it is big enough for some older children and adults.

I weigh 126 pounds and I am 5 feet and 6 inches tall. I have not tried it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no desire to get stuck in a shopping cart and have to explain myself to the paramedics/police. XD

If you're skinny enough or small enough you would fit, but if you're a remotely 'normal' sized adult, you'll probably get your legs stuck in the openings trying to get out.

(Then again I have a fear of being stuck like that. I got into one of those baby bath seats they used to make and couldn't get out again. The ones like this: vintage-1989-safety-1st-rotating-swivel-baby-bath-seat-suction-cup-bottom-57d6e37e5d977cc097f37d.jpg )

CuddleWoozle said:
I got into one of those baby bath seats they used to make and couldn't get out again. The ones like this: View attachment 30924 )

Haha! Now you can't get away without telling us how you got out of your bath seat!

PaciL0ver said:
Have you ever tried to sit in the child seat of a shopping cart? It seems that it is big enough for some older children and adults.

You might want to review the rules, especially #10. No pictures of minors allowed here.

Makubird said:
Haha! Now you can't get away without telling us how you got out of your bath seat!

It was when I was a kid and over at my friends house. I was stuck pretty good. I think it ended up being my friends dad and my mom wiggling the seat and my legs until I popped back out. XD I was told "You stay out of that thing! This is the second time you got stuck in it." (Yes, the first time I got stuck I rolled around until I got loose on my own. LOL)

CuddleWoozle said:
It was when I was a kid and over at my friends house. I was stuck pretty good. I think it ended up being my friends dad and my mom wiggling the seat and my legs until I popped back out. XD I was told "You stay out of that thing! This is the second time you got stuck in it." (Yes, the first time I got stuck I rolled around until I got loose on my own. LOL)

:smile1: I was thinking you got stuck as an adult. That would have been much more embarrassing :tongueout:

They actually have carts with a rear facing seat for adults and older children. They’re intended for those with special needs though. I’ve seen them at Walmart and target.

Oh I would certainly get stuck lol It would be fun though to have my wife push me around as we go grocery shopping though lol.

Oh no I would absolutely get stuck or tip them

Have been tempted to try sitting in the ones made for special needs people though. But too embarrassed, and I don't want to take it from someone who actually needs it as they're a rarity.

Sheepies said:
Oh no I would absolutely get stuck or tip them

Have been tempted to try sitting in the ones made for special needs people though. But too embarrassed, and I don't want to take it from someone who actually needs it as they're a rarity.

I know. That's why I haven't tried it. BUT. They have ones that have a space for multiple kids. Instead of one. They're not the same thing as a 'caroline cart'. Just for people with multiple children.

Although having looked for images online and listened to mothers ranting about not finding a multiple seat cart, I wonder. I mean, my mom had FIVE of us all marching along to the store at one time or another. (Me, my mom's two boys from her previous marriage and my dad's two boys from his previous marriage) We never had the level of issues that these moms are describing with even TWO kids. Because we knew for a fact that if we didn't behave we weren't getting cookies/small toys/whatever. And mom would put the hammer down on us if we didn't be good. LOL

All she had to do was look at us and say "Do you want to go to the bathroom?" And we'd suddenly realize we DIDN'T. (She'd march us off to the bathroom for a stern lecture/swift butt smack)

After about age 2 I just sat in the cart itself. I loved getting buried in the groceries lol. That you could probably fit into.

Oh no I would get stuck, but I wish I could still fit in them.

We used to go to a grocery store that had carts that were higher up than normal ones.

Like, it was the same size as a regular cart, but the basket part was only about a third as deep. So you had a really large space underneath and that's where I used to like riding. I would hold the boxes of soda and pretend like I was sneaking around in a 'stealth car'. XD I actually disliked riding in the top now that I think of it. Because I couldn't get out and show people what I thought looked neat. (IE: Hey, look at this cereal. I like this one. or What about those purple grapes and not the green ones?)

Aren't hose grocery carts that look like race cars cool?

The grocery store I used to work at had kids carts that had a little tykes car attached to the front of them. Those were pretty cool!

The 'special needs' one is typically referred to as "Caroline's Cart"

I did get in one of these: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jeepersmedia/14729755806 at the local supermarket when a friend and I went shopping... she pushed me around the store for probably 20 minutes before an employee told me I had to get out.

Aw, boo. That employee must've had no sense of fun. I mean, who WOULDN'T want to drive a race-cart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back