Status
Not open for further replies.

gnd567

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I was tired of being overweight and so over the course of the last 6 months I have lost weight and feel and look better. The only problem is now my diapers feel huge! I used to be able to wear a medium. They were tight but large was too large. Now mediums are huge on me and smalls aren't quite big enough. I wish I could find a happy medium.

Anyone else have this problem? I feel like it'll be harder concealing diapers under clothing like this. Mediums used to be just a tad to small and they wild pinch my thighs and leave red marks and now they feel so big on me I feel like they swallow me whole.

I'm now a 30 inch waist. I'd have to measure my hips to see what they are. I wear ABU LittlePawz as they're my favorite.

I have 26 inch waist. I can fit easily into bigger size baby diapers. But they aren't absorbent enough for me at night. As a result, I occasionally end up with leaks & small accidents.
On the other hand, the adult diapers that are available here are not of my size. The smallest one I found had a 30 inch waist recommendation. So, I'm in the same boat as you.

I've had this problem ever since I started wearing and regressing with any regularity. I have a great metabolism, work out regularly, but I also have awkward proportions. I'm 5ft11 very nearly 6ft and my weight has always been steady, between 175 and 185 pounds for the past 6 years and my waist size is 38 inches right on, this puts me at the high end cutoff for mediums and the low end cutoff for larges, right between a medium and a large for most diaper brands. I find I can get away with some mediums that have a slightly larger cut, like Bambinos, but for the most part I use large brands. I find ABU's single tape brands in a large fit me perfectly. Like you however, some large brands I have used feel just a tad bit too big.

My advice, try on a few different types of diapers to get familiar with their cuts and their waist ranges, you'll find one that is the happy medium you seek. Single tape ABU brands are my happy medium, even though they're large, they feel like a low end large, they fit me like a diaper should, hence why they are usually my go to.

Maybe I should try adjusting the way I tape my diapers. I'm not used to wearing diapers and being skinny.I was skinny as a kid and teenager but gained a lot of weight between 2012-2017 and it was 2013 when i first tried diapers and was already a bit overweight so I'm still getting used to diapering myself since the transformation.

I have the same issues as Poofybutt, except drop my waist down to 34-35" I generally stick with size large diapers, my little trick is pretty simple; when I put a diaper on (while standing with my back against the wall) I'll line the back part of the diaper so the back top comes up about 1.5 - 2" past my top butt crack, or the start of the small of my back, I'll then life the front up and bring the front top, it will land just past my belly button. I then tape the bottom tapes, ( the bottoms will be on the top of my hips, giving me a good seal. I then do the top tapes. When looking in the mirror the diaper is not proportional, the back of the diaper is about 1" lower then the front, but after moving around things tend to settle and level out, but I still maintain a good seal and no leaks.

Adiba said:
I have 26 inch waist. I can fit easily into bigger size baby diapers. But they aren't absorbent enough for me at night. As a result, I occasionally end up with leaks & small accidents.
On the other hand, the adult diapers that are available here are not of my size. The smallest one I found had a 30 inch waist recommendation. So, I'm in the same boat as you.

honestly I hate that so much. You are forced to buy online because everything in stores either doesn't go below mediums or its a small/medium. At least it was better than it was a couple of years ago. I remember when size small people only had molicares or atns as the only choice.

Abena got rid of plastic backed s4's and the new cloth ones leaked like crazy. Tena slip stopped making their diapers plastic backed diapers for awhile and companies weren't' restocking the new ones when they did come out again. Abu didn't make smalls and majorty of thier diapers were trash back then, not to mention the company having finical issues. Bambinos refused to even try to bring smalls out with a increase on price to compensate for demand. North shore care diapers didn't exist yet. I actually made a list and analyzed the market and smalls were so far down bottom on the list in terms of offers it was sad.

Then molicares had a low absorbency/swelling ratio, and atns had a high pressout ratio. They weren't bad diapers but they are like barely premium in some aspects. At least molicares are really soft.

It had gotten so bad I was trying to get peititons going to get products for everyone in this sizing range, because if I was having those issues, people with mental illnesses and who are IC were having it worse. But of course barely anyone wanted to do jack and then daily diapers wants to attack people with accusations of me trying to "spy" on people. Because who would want to do something nice that just doens't exist in this world. >:V

gnd567 said:
I was tired of being overweight and so over the course of the last 6 months I have lost weight and feel and look better. The only problem is now my diapers feel huge! I used to be able to wear a medium. They were tight but large was too large. Now mediums are huge on me and smalls aren't quite big enough. I wish I could find a happy medium.

Diapers come in many different sizing ranges. I tend to classify them into one of two groups - diapers that "fit bigger" and diapers that "fit smaller". They're basically a half-size apart.

So you can fix your problem by just changing to one of the opposite brands. Sometimes you don't even have to change brands. (like downsizing from an ABU Space to an ABU PeekABU)

In other words, you can't be "in between sizes" for all diapers, just the brand you're used to wearing.

Thanks for the advice and suggestions everyone.

I've experimented a little with the way I've been taping my diapers and I think I've improved the way they fit. I'm now positioning the diaper so that front comes just past my belly button and the back is now at the small of my back. I tuck in the excess that sticks out of the front of my pants. I also tape the bottom tapes lower than I used to.

I feel I have a little bit more bulge now but I wear bigger pants with them. I thank I may have found a happy medium. Good thing, because I still have nearly a whole case of medium ABU's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back