Why is ab and dl always associated and assumed to be the same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Okay, first if, I am not kink-shaming anyone or anything, and I know it's a bloody label- And I also know that I might get some hate for this...

But why do AB's and DL's always just be assumed to go hand in hand. For an example; I am NOT in ANY shape or form an AB. I am 10.000% DL, and I hate reading articles or replies where one would say 'ABDL' like it's one thing.

I am a diaper lover, I enjoy wearing diapers for the comfort and safety- and besides, it is a kink if mine.

But nothing else.
I am currently in the progress of taking an education, and I am way above my age when it comes to intelligence. I would NEVER dream of lowering my age, when in reality I am very mature, intelligent, etcetera.

I might sound like an annoying and 'douchebaggy' snob, but I just wanted to share- since this annoys me a lot.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, and sorry if I offended you- I did not mean to offend anyone- But can we please start thinking over this, before assuming in the future.

Have a lovely day, AB's AND DL's. ;-)
Best regards.
-Chris.

I am strictly DL too and also don’t like being lumped into the ABDL name. Nothing against AB’s though. I actually did try AB once on a buddy’s recommendation, where he treated me like a baby and stuff. I had never had the desire to do that, but he said I would like it when I tried it. I tried it and felt awkward the whole time. It was very uncomfortable for me and I couldn’t wait for it to end. I actually did cut it short because I just couldn’t do it anymore. The only thing I did like was being changed since up until that point I had always diapered myself.

I hear what your saying . Labels, Labels, Labels, I am DLPW diaper lover pants wetter.. not ABDLPW

They are obviously different interests but polling seems pretty clear that most of us fall somewhere where both are relevant rather than just one. I don't think it's quite right to think of them as opposing ends of a spectrum. High or low marks in one doesn't preclude high or low interest in the other. We could always split away from one another but it seems to me we're a small enough group even together that we should hang together rather than hanging separately.

For me, it feels like it's all part of the same thing. I realize it's not that way for everyone but for most of us, it's just a matter of the degree.

chamberpot said:
I hear what your saying . Labels, Labels, Labels, I am DLPW diaper lover pants wetter.. not ABDLPW

I never think I've heard the term 'PW' before. Sounds awesome though. :p

- - - Updated - - -

PaddedInPuyallup said:
I am strictly DL too and also don’t like being lumped into the ABDL name. Nothing against AB’s though. I actually did try AB once on a buddy’s recommendation, where he treated me like a baby and stuff. I had never had the desire to do that, but he said I would like it when I tried it. I tried it and felt awkward the whole time. It was very uncomfortable for me and I couldn’t wait for it to end. I actually did cut it short because I just couldn’t do it anymore. The only thing I did like was being changed since up until that point I had always diapered myself.

I feel ya', although I have not tried any AB related stuff myself, I've just concluded that ain't me- or anyways how I personally want to be. Although I don't want others to not do what they enjoy. No hating here. :p :)

- - - Updated - - -

NeverKnow said:
Even among strict ABs and strict DLs, there are a lot of commonalities of concerns (hiding it from other people, buying designer diapers, struggling with shame). There are a lot of cases where it makes sense to say something about "ABDLs" as a group--that is, everyone who is either an AB or a DL. And there is of course a lot of overlap.

I'm mostly a DL. I could go without printed diapers or other special AB items, but I'd find it hard to do without diapers of any kind. I don't care for regression and can't say I know what it's like to go into "little space." I've tried, but it doesn't do much for me. But I also definitely like diapers because they're babyish--I like printed diapers and my cute Tykables pants, not because they help me regress, because they don't, but just because that's the kind of diaper aesthetic I like.

And that's completely alright. I also understand what you mean. I just wanted to sort of share my take on this. Thanks for not hating me. :p
Have a lovely day! :)

It is just a way for "The Outsiders" to label our Spectrum, much like when they say LGBTQ, they aren't implying all of them are the same.

It's just an easy way to label a spectrum of people with a few common traits with each other.

I wouldn't get mad about it unless they are playing us as the villain.

RandomUsernameDL said:
Okay, first if, I am not kink-shaming anyone or anything, and I know it's a bloody label- And I also know that I might get some hate for this...

But why do AB's and DL's always just be assumed to go hand in hand. For an example; I am NOT in ANY shape or form an AB. I am 10.000% DL, and I hate reading articles or replies where one would say 'ABDL' like it's one thing.

I am a diaper lover, I enjoy wearing diapers for the comfort and safety- and besides, it is a kink if mine.

But nothing else.
I am currently in the progress of taking an education, and I am way above my age when it comes to intelligence. I would NEVER dream of lowering my age, when in reality I am very mature, intelligent, etcetera.

I might sound like an annoying and 'douchebaggy' snob, but I just wanted to share- since this annoys me a lot.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, and sorry if I offended you- I did not mean to offend anyone- But can we please start thinking over this, before assuming in the future.

Best regards.
-Chris.

Since you're only ten percent DL, what does the other ninety percent consist of?

I usually either type or imagine a / in there. AB/DL. Like a line break.

Like you can be either/or. Because we have the commonality of liking/wearing diapers and such it makes sense to me to refer to the 'whole group' as that. But obviously you can drop off whichever bit you don't feel applies. (For me, that's DL, because I feel that's the more sexually charged bit and I don't feel that at all.)

BuffedBaby said:
Since you're only ten percent DL, what does the other ninety percent consist of?

That was 10. Thousand... It was a dot, not a comma. ;)

Last edited:
HoganBunny said:
English uses a dot as a decimal separator and a comma for separating groups of 3 numbers : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_separator#/media/File:DecimalSeparator.svg.

International standards usually opt for a space between groups of 3 numbers, as a way of avoiding the issue.

I suppose I'm used to putting a dot... That's what we do here in Denmark at least. But alrighty then, let me rephrase myself to your liking; I am ten thousand percent DL. ;)

It’s not a bad thing to be together in a broad community that consists of peeps that have incontinence, diaper lovers, adult babies, care givers and those that fall in between or have a mixture.

Misunderstandings are bound to happen when you get “labelled” and sure you may not like or personally be comfortable with some AB things but as long as you can accept others I am sure the majority will accept you!

I have both continence issues and am definitely a diaper lover but also am slightly AB and Scalie curious but am massively turned off by poop but you know love and let love.

I'm also a dl, that does not like the ABDL label. It also kinda bothers me that certain adult diapers have the AB tagline.

Graceman said:
I really appreciated your comments. I also struggle with this. Nothing against the AB community and I love people have found an outlet for those feelings and kinks. I have just struggle with that headspace and always prefer to share and connect with those who understand from a DL perspective. The funny thing is AB love diapers too. Anyways. Appreciate your comments. As a fellow DL I can relate. :)

I would say an AB who loves diapers is expressing a DL aspect. An AB with no DL aspect might still wear diapers as part of modeling baby behavior but it would be just another baby thing, nothing special.

Yeah, I'm strictly DL as well here.

I hold nothing against the ABs, as it'd be hypocritical of me to knock it when I'm interested in diapers as well, for different reasons in the form of kinks and practicality, but still. On visiting some ABDL websites to browse through some diapers that have no prints on them at all, I still see said websites have a childish webpage art on it, which I try to mentally overlook and ignore, but part of my mind still ends up rolling its eyes mentally.

As for people putting labels, there's always going to be those kinds of people who can't resist but bash and flame whatever they ridicule unreasonably, sometimes to the point of zealotry. This can happen against many thing other than ABs and DLs, so it's simply a sad fact of life that we have to adapt to.

12srepaid said:
I'm also a dl, that does not like the ABDL label. It also kinda bothers me that certain adult diapers have the AB tagline.

And that's why I only buy medical diapers. ;)
(Tena, Abena, etcetera.)

- - - Updated - - -

Seek said:
Yeah, I'm strictly DL as well here.

I hold nothing against the ABs, as it'd be hypocritical of me to knock it when I'm interested in diapers as well, for different reasons in the form of kinks and practicality, but still. On visiting some ABDL websites to browse through some diapers that have no prints on them at all, I still see said websites have a childish webpage art on it, which I try to mentally overlook and ignore, but part of my mind still ends up rolling its eyes mentally.

As for people putting labels, there's always going to be those kinds of people who can't resist but bash and flame whatever they ridicule unreasonably, sometimes to the point of zealotry. This can happen against many thing other than ABs and DLs, so it's simply a sad fact of life that we have to adapt to.

That might be true, that it is something we'll just have to adapt to. Although I just mentioned it because it bothered me a little personally. I agree a lot with you when it comes to websites that distributes incontinence products, mainly diapers, will most likely have some childish art on it. For that, there is Tenas' own website, and other distributors who are medically licenced. ;)

I would not ridicule AB's for doing what they like, but I still don't really find it hypocritical to not exactly want to be labeled as an "ABDL", because although I like to wear diapers, I believe it is another feeling they give me.
For an example; An AB wear diapers as a part of their 'play' or regression- Where I wear for comfort and safety. I, myself, also have a bunch of stress and probably an overactive bladder. (A rather self-proclaimed one, but still.) So that makes it really handy to be able to wear a diaper.
I appreciate your response. :)

Have a nice day.

RandomUsernameDL said:

But nothing else.

Best regards.
-Chris.

Hey Chris
As others have mentioned your not alone in this. I am the wrong side of 40 but remember back in my mid to late teens discovering with the help of dialup Internet that I wasn’t the only dl out there however it seemed that everyone else was into the AB side as well. Obviously this is not the case but as years have passed and I have become very comfortable with my DL life and the advent in last few years of some amazing diapers out there I purchased some printed Abu diapers I think first as stock on simples was out and I admit I have grown to really like some of them in fact wearing a peakabu right now. I have found curling up in bed on a cold day in a peakabu/littlepaws etc and onesie brings a comfort and security like I have not experienced prior. I still don’t consider to have AB tendicies but I do understand a little more. I also very much dislike labels, unfortunately we live in a world today where people want to label every idiosyncratic tendency. Just enjoy who you are if it changes in the future embrace it and stay happy. All the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back