Not open for further replies.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
With the money I am saving from my job I would like to take a trip. I've never been on a plane and my dream is to swim in the ocean. I'm sort of hoping that perhaps next year, I might be able to spend a few days at Disney World. My parents aren't interested (and someone has to take care of the animals) so it looks like I'll be travelling solo.

I want to stay at the park and thus take advantage of the provided transportation from the airport. But with me not driving I'm not sure about getting from Orlando to the ocean.

I also don't want to visit when it's really hot and really crowded, but I want it to be warm enough to swim.

Eh that's tough. I can tell you from experience the best time to go to Disney or any of the theme parks is during fall. Not only is it not overly hot but there is almost no wait for the rides. Now I grew up near the coast so I can also tell you during that time of year the water will be freezing.

Yeah, it'll be a trade-off. Either swim in the ocean or not have a massive crowd at Disney.

We went to Disney World in February, and being from the "Cold North", we found it plenty hot enough to swim in the pool at the hotel. But the ocean is a different ball-game because of the currents.

I really want to go back to Disney World, preferably sometime in October because the bad guys take over the park on Halloween. :3

What about say... late September? I imagine crowds would be lighter with kids back in school. How is the ocean then?

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
What about say... late September? I imagine crowds would be lighter with kids back in school. How is the ocean then?

Just had a quick google for you, and it looks like sea temperatures of about 27°C (80°F), which is roughly swimming-pool temperature... maybe a bit cooler. But the air temperature will be peaking at around 32°C, which will feel pretty hot, so probably a great way to cool off!

https://www.currentresults.com/Oceans/Temperature/florida-average-water-temperatures-in-fall.php

My family and I always went in November, but that’s teacher inservice time in NJ (a week of no school) so almost every family had the same idea ������. It was PLENTY hot out for swimming in November. But crowds galore. I’d avoid any special event like the Halloween party, the Christmas event, obviously if you’re trying to avoid crowds.

Having lived in Melborne Florida, you need to realize Orlando is about 60 miles inland. So getting to the ocean is not a five minute drive but an actual side trip. I don't know (its' quite a time since I lived there) what ways there are to go those 60 miles if you don't drive. But you will need to check it out.
Now staying on the Disney property is the only way to go. Your baggage will get special tags and Disney personnel will pick it up and deliver it to your room. A shuttle bus will take you from the airport to your hotel. And then do the same for your return. Not the cheapest way but definitely the no hassle way. Oh and look into the meal plans also the no hassle way to eat. And 6 months in advance you can make reservations for attractions. and 6 months to the day you need to book a seat at dinner for Cinderella's castle or other big time, hard to get into places.

Drove 1500 miles one way 3 times to get to disney world, and 1800 miles one way twice in the last two years out west. getting to the ocean from disney world area is nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back