Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokogirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have been near 24/7 for about 6 months. I had to take a long break due to moving reasons. I'm currently in a position to start wearing again. I gave a lot of thought and reached the conclusion that I would be 24/7 again. And this time for real & without any breaks. I need to consider some points beforehand :

1. Expense :

This is probably the greatest problem I faced while wearing 24/7. Going 24/7 is not cheap. I'm a college student and am always on a budget. Good quality adult diapers cost a lot. To cut the costs I have been using baby diapers which are much cheaper. I also find myself staying in a wet diaper for a long time and wetting to the point of leaking just to save the use of another diaper. It's not that I can't afford diapers. It's just that I have to give up on other things as they come from my savings. I'm thinking of continuing my 24/7 with baby diapers as long as I can.

2. Secrecy :

Nobody knows that I wear diapers. I'm pretty secret about it. I live with my parents and I haven't told them either. Diaper wearing is very very uncommon here. So, they probably won't know if I don't tell them or get caught red handed. I don't plan on telling them any time soon. They probably won't support me if they find out. I was able to keep it a secret for over 2 years. I'm sure I would be able to keep it a secret for a few more years. By then, this would probably become a medical issue & they won't be able to say No.

3. Public :

Here I said that I have been "near 24/7". It is because although I wear & wet all the time when I'm home, I haven't worn much outside let alone wet in public. I have worn to college many times but never wet. Fortunately, the clothes I wear does a pretty good job in hiding the diapers. So, I won't have to go through any wardrobe changes. But still this is a big step. I would start by learning to wet in public. Eventually getting better at it I would wet diapers as necessary while in public. I would have to start carrying diapers with me. I found this necessary because if I lose control I need to be ready all the time. Whether it's my home or my college or a relative's home, the park, the mall, the restaurant etc etc. So, I would learn to handle different situations and become habituated to it.

4. Diaper Dependency :

During the breaks I learnt that a little control is necessary. In my first few diaperless days after wearing 24/7 for 6 months, I had holding problems as my bladder had shrunk & as I was habituated to wetting frequently. I found myself running back and forth to the toilet. But it was temporary. Everything became normal in just 3 days. As if I never trained for diaper dependency. So, I don't think wearing 24/7 can cause incontinence. Even if it did I would accept it as I started wearing 24/7 with diaper dependency in mind. I always had the fantasy of wetting without control & having no memory of it. Moreover, I also kind of trained for sleep wetting but was never able to achieve. Besides, if I do become incontinent from wearing a long time, this would give me a valid reason to wear diapers. Otherwise, my parents won't support it.

5. Accidents :

I'm quite small for my age. I have a 26 inch waist and I can fit into most bigger size baby diapers. I have been exploiting this and wearing baby diapers since day one. They may fit but I have to change them pretty frequently. This is not a big problem since I have become a master at changing diapers fast. I also don't mind staying in a wet diaper. It's not much of a big deal during the day. But I regularly leak at night due to the diaper not having enough absorbency and my laziness to get up and change. I should probably get adult diapers just for using while in bed & also public as I cannot risk getting an accident there. Any cheaper solutions?

6. Diaper Rash & Shaving :

Even though I have worn diapers for so long. I never had diaper rash. I don't shave down there. Just trim a bit from time to time. I heard that it's necessary to completely remove all hair for 24/7 wearing. What's your opinion on this?

If I'm wrong about anything please don't hesitate to correct me. How do you deal with the above stuff? Tell me any other important issuess or points that I may have missed and the way of dealing them. I would be happy if you can provide any kinds of advice regarding this. Thank you

Last edited:
Adiba said:
Even though I have worn diapers for so long. I never had diaper rash. I don't shave down there. Just trim a bit from time to time. I heard that it's necessary to completely remove all hair for 24/7 wearing. What's your opinion on this?

No, it is NOT necessary to remove all your pubic hair.

Many diaper wearers recommend it because it does help control smell and helps with clean-up but it is not a requirement. Also some people will just trim the hair very short instead of shaving.

NeverKnow said:
I don't understand how you could wear to college frequently, never wetting, but also wet frequently enough that you have experienced a noticeable decline in bladder capacity.
I use the college restroom duh... And the classes are for 35 minutes. I usually go once during the break. And once before the last period. Yes, I need to hold. I can hold. But I don't want to hold.
I am also surprised that you "regularly" leak at night, but you live with your parents, who you say haven't found out over two years. Are you doing laundry multiple times a week, or does your room smell strongly of urine?
I do the laundry myself. The accidents are rather small and not that much noticeable. I use a plastic sheet and towel under me when I go to sleep. They protect the bed from getting wet. I once did the mistake of going to sleep with only a diaper and no other protection. It left a big stain on the mattress. But my parents believed me when I said that it was the neighbourhood cat that did it. I know leaking like this would eventually lead to me getting caught. That's why I can't afford to have accidents.
I usually don't understand why ABDLs hound others for using baby diapers and Goodnites. People who like to wear diapers shouldn't find it too odd that others care that their diapers are baby diapers.
Thank you for understanding
With a 26" waist, you'll fit into NorthShore Supreme smalls
Unfortunately it's not available where I live.
You're lucky to be so small.
That I am. I get to try different cute baby diapers. Not imitations. Real ones that babies wear!

NeverKnow said:
I see that you live in Bangaldesh. I don't know what brands of adult diapers are obtainable there, but I think if you are set on going 24/7 and are not confident in using baby diapers in bed or in public, then you just need to figure out what decent quality adult medical diapers are available where you live. I am not sure how to go about researching that, but perhaps others can help.
I made a post previously asking for suggestion. https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthr...Giggles-Joly-Fresh-Life-Sun-Med-Tender-Glory)
People are probably not familiar with the choices of adult diapers I have. I didn't get many replies.

Just my own opinion, 26in waist seems incredibly unhealthy skinny.

Anyways, the reason that people use or recommend premium diapers, it's because most people have to change way more often wearing cheaper ones. Not only that, but to actually be comfortable in them and not worry about leaking. It also has to do with tapes, leak guards, durability, and ect.

Since you change less often you can actually save money or spend the same.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I go 24/7 for a few months and taper off, usually to just night use and then go back to 24/7. It’s a continual cycle for me. It's hard to say why, but it’s been going this way for me for about 2 yrs now.

So, I’ve asked myself many of these questions too. The one I don’t have is adult products vs baby products. I’m am tall 6’4”, so I must use adult and they need to be very absorbent because I occasionally lose control of my wetting and flood thinner diapers.

These are mostly questions only you can answer. However, as I’ve been warned by several others, it’s really important to accept this enough that it doesn’t bother you for others to know about it. If you go to the doctor by yourself, you can give people a more “tangible” reason as to why you wear a diaper like “my doctor recommended it” instead of “it’s just something I want”. This will help, but will not overcome the fact that you must accept certain things when deciding to go 24/7.

NeverKnow said:
Tender and Joly were mentioned as usable there. Your best bet, if they come in your size, is probably just to give those a try.
The smallest adult diaper I could find was of 30inch and greater. While I have a 26 inch waist. I'm not sure if they are suitable for me.

trouble63 said:
I go 24/7 for a few months and taper off, usually to just night use and then go back to 24/7. It’s a continual cycle for me. It's hard to say why, but it’s been going this way for me for about 2 yrs now. I must use adult and they need to be very absorbent because I occasionally lose control of my wetting and flood thinner diapers.
What kind of incontinence do you have?

NeverKnow said:
Hmm, yeah, it seems that none of those brands really come in a small. They may be worth giving a try anyway. You can get a tighter fit around the legs if you pull the front of the diaper up further than usual
Wouldn't that make the diapers completely obvious? Being discreet is the first priority.

It’s mostly Over Active Bladder. As soon as I feel the need to pee, it just starts to happen. I can’t hold at all. Not sure what that’s called but it’s one reason I wear, the other is because I like it.

trouble63 said:
It’s mostly Over Active Bladder. As soon as I feel the need to pee, it just starts to happen. I can’t hold at all. Not sure what that’s called but it’s one reason I wear, the other is because I like it.

overactive bladder: experience urge to go when bladder is only lightly filled, leading to desperate urge when only moderately filled (unnecessarily frequent trips to the bathroom)

urge incontinence: sudden desperate urges occurring without warning, often leading to loss of control (not tied to any specific amount in bladder), or inability to prevent voiding after experiencing an urge

sounds like you have urge ic

trouble63 said:

Looks like you're the same as me. I too feel the need to pee very frequently and have difficulty holding it. Though I still have most of the control, but I hate holding it.

You said you liked wearing diapers & wore 24/7. Might I ask you that did you develop this condition by wearing 24/7 or did you start wearing diapers for this problem & came to like diapers afterwards.

Honestly I get the terminology confused. My urologist has explained that my inability to hold is caused when my bladder drops. I also have a frequent need to urinate. My doctor never gave it a label. Thanks for the advice though. I’ll keep the term urge ic in mind

- - - Updated - - -

Adiba said:
Looks like you're the same as me. I too feel the need to pee very frequently and have difficulty holding it. Though I still have most of the control, but I hate holding it.

You said you liked wearing diapers & wore 24/7. Might I ask you that did you develop this condition by wearing 24/7 or did you start wearing diapers for this problem & came to like diapers afterwards.

The honest answer would be some of both. I started having the bladder problems in my mid40s. In my early 50s I decided to try a diaper on a friends suggestion that it’s fun and I would like it. After that I quickly got hooked. I’ve been doing 24/7 on and off for the past year and a half. A week and stop, 2 weeks and stop, then a whole month and stop. Last summer I went 2 straight months. I thought it would just become a part of my life, but then I stopped for about a week. Since last October, I’ve been in a diaper about 85% of the time. I love being in a diaper and find it helps with my anxiety. And then there’s the panic attacks that I would have trying to get to a bathroom before I wet myself all the time. I can forget about that now.

I call it a mix of physical need and psychological need.

trouble63 said:
I call it a mix of physical need and psychological need.

For me it's mainly psychological need but if I wear 24/7 I hope it will become physical one day. When it does become a physical need I would feel ease knowing that it's necessary.

Last edited:
Adiba said:
For me it's mainly psychological need but if I wear 24/7 I hope it will become physical one day. When it does become a physical need I would feel ease knowing that it's necessary.

Psychological need is still a need. At this point, I would encourage you to beleive you need to wear a diaper and, if need be, explain it to others that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back