What kind of Foods do you like the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My go to best food is either a good quality steak or lobster tails.

Cheese. Cheese I can eat in any quantities, as long as it's not something super exquisite, like blue fungus cheese and so on...

tiny said:
Ohhh, cornbread! I was travelling round the southern US states many years ago, and discovered cornbread for the first time. We were eating in diners every night, and cornbread was everywhere! I don't think we even ordered it, it just appeared! But OMFG it was so delicious!

The more traditional cornbread the better in my opinion. "Appalachian Cornbread" is very lo-fi and is enhanced with a crispy outside. The secret is to place the mix into a heated skillet with lard prior to baking. Another amazing dish is Spoonbread, also known as Awendaw. Essentially it's 1/2 cornmeal 1/2 cooked grits that are mixed together with extra eggs and milk+cream, then baked liked cornbread. Really tasty.

I am not a very picky eater, I'll eat or try just about anything, that being said, I do have some go to favourites and staples and rather eclectic tastes.

For breakfast, nothing is better than some good old fashioned fried eggs and rye toast. Sometimes I'll put a dollop of tabasco on my eggs for an extra kick, most of the time I like them plainly seasoned though, a little bit of salt and pepper.

For lunch, I find myself getting a pizza at least once a week. Pizza is just one of the most perfect quick foods, always hits the spot, good variety too. Other than that I keep my lunches light.

For dinner, one of my favourite dishes is roasted chicken and mashed potatoes. I also love a lot of vegetable based dishes too, Broccoli and cheddar cheese, bell pepper and bean sprout stir-fry. Recently I've taken quite a liking to sweet and sour tofu stir-fry, I make it with a little bit of over the counter sweet and sour sauce, chunks of tofu, diced bell peppers, diced pineapple, diced white and green onions and some chopped up carrots, it's a very fresh, savoury and sweet dish that I can't get enough of.

When it comes to snacks, my go to is pork rinds, one of the best snack foods around, lots of protein and fibre, dip them in some french onion dip, you won't regret it. I also like snacking on fruit as well, particularly mango, black cherries, strawberries and bananas.

When it comes to ethnic cuisines, I really have a penchant for good Mexican food like chicken or beef mole and tamales, Greek foods like moussaka and gyro, Japanese cuisine like hot-pot, beef sukiyaki and of course, nigiri sushi of all types and last but not least, I love Indian food as well, chicken tikka with paneer and naan bread... yummy :)

Great, now my mouth is watering :lol:

Rice and veggies, pasta, french fries, plain pizza, eggplant parm... also even though I'm not pregnant I eat pickles a lot haha. Just like as a snack, you know?

I love me some good Indian foodz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back