Bottle nipples

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Evenflo fast-flow nipples. They work fine for me and I can suck down a bottle relatively quickly with them.

I use NUK nipples. They have a really good flow but I'll need to buy more soon.

PaddedDeist said:
I have read the thread on baby bottles in here and while it was good, I was wondering if there was anything that focused specifically on the different nipple designs and the advantages and disadvantages of each?

The bottles themselves seem relatively straight forward with just a few things to keep in mind.

I actually prefer the Nuk wide mouth fast flow orthodontic nipple. It for me, flows fastest and I have a smaller adult sized mouth, so fits me perfectly.

I don't prefer any Playtex.

Dollar store ones can work in a pinch, I don't prefer them, but they aren't terrible.

Nuby no-spill baby bottles were my nipple goto for a long time, but there is a pull to them.

I also found a Pampers size 3 baby bottle randomly in a re-sell store like Marshalls or Ross. I loved the odd shape and used it for awhile. I still pull it out sometimes.

Basically, try things. It will be hit or miss until you land on a thing you like.

Now how good are these bottles?

https://www.tommeetippee.us/product/added-cereal-bottle

Do the Added Cereal bottles have too much flow for liquids our would they be just right? I know that I'd be looking for at least a fast flow with any bottle but these look interesting.

I looked some more and the hole in the added cereal nipple is too big unless you have something pretty thick. If I were to go with that bottle, I think I'd have to get some fast flow nipples for it. The bottle itself is the largest that Tommee Tippee has though so it may be worth the purchase. I see other ones but my problem would be explaining why I have a baby bottle or bottles. lol

I have the tomee tippee with the cereal nipple and the regular fast flow one. I like the bottle and the fast flow nipple. The cereal nipple was only good for sir bananas chocolate milk because it’s thicker. My very favorite bottle is dr. Browns! I just don’t use all the inside bits. And Avent is pretty comfortable as well. They all make bottles in slightly bigger versions that came in just under an ounce shy of a custom adult bottle I had (that also used the dr. Brown nipple!).

Speaking of nipples here, maybe an expert can tell me what is the name of what I've seen, I couldn't find any pictures of it online but I saw a toddler while at Montreal Grand Prix on Sunday with a standard baby bottle but with a large silicon spout like on some sippy cups, and I saw another one that was so cool cause the bottle seemed to be made of aluminum which was so nice looking and probably kept the drink colder. I'm trying to find them so I could order them online. If anyone has a clue.

CodyBaby said:
Speaking of nipples here, maybe an expert can tell me what is the name of what I've seen, I couldn't find any pictures of it online but I saw a toddler while at Montreal Grand Prix on Sunday with a standard baby bottle but with a large silicon spout like on some sippy cups,

Perhaps one of these?

https://www.nuk-usa.com/nuk-large-learner-cup-jungle-boy-10-ounce-1-pack/1033844VM.html#start=10
https://www.nuk-usa.com/nuk-active-cup-hello-kitty-10-ounce-1-pack/1033853VM.html#start=11

I have a small, five-ounce one with foxes on it.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:

Nope, I have one of theses already and I don't like it cause the flow is so slow, its clearly made for little babies, I still use it sometimes, but the flow of it is so slow that I don't like it, I don't want to break it so nope, I won't touch it with any kind of needles.

I think I've found it while browsing I decided to try my luck again with google and this time, I have the aluminum or stainless steel one figured out with the spout I'm sure it was on the other bottle I saw that was plastic with the same spout. I may order one next month as my own birthday gift.

https://www.amazon.com/Pura-Stainle...ncoding=UTF8&refRID=P3GCNG52PZZ8PJDKGXNW&th=1

CodyBaby said:
Nope, I have one of theses already and I don't like it cause the flow is so slow, its clearly made for little babies, I still use it sometimes, but the flow of it is so slow that I don't like it, I don't want to break it so nope, I won't touch it with any kind of needles.

I put the spout in my mouth sideways, so I can suck it like a regular bottle and it comes out faster.

I just started and prefer the adult size. The baby ones just dont reach far enough back to give me the satisfaction of nursing. As far as time? the bottle took 25 minutes from introduction (momma wetting my lips with the formula/milk causing me to open up) to the last drop. That is an average feeding for a baby so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back