6 Tape Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredofwheelchair

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Bit of a odd one but are there any premium 6 tape diapers?

I'm pretty curious that's all partly because I wouldn't minds trying a six tape diaper just to see if there's any difference in fit etc. I know Depends did do one(not sure if they still do) and Attends also did. I'm from the UK and I'm not aware of any 6 tape nappies n the UK/ Europe market.

I was wondering why 6 tapes aren't quite as popular as 4 tape adult diapers, is it down to cost?

I have tried 2 tape ABU SDK's before but didn't find they fitted me that well

I'm not aware of any good diapers that have six tapes. I doubt that means that they can't be good with six but it would probably cost extra on the current machines. I'd be interested to see something like that myself but I'm not holding my breath for it to happen.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I once heard that KC owned the patent on six tapes. If that's the case, money could still be the reason, but perhaps from another angle.

I went from using the six tape Attends with Waistband for my primary diaper to Abena and now ABU and several other four tapes in between, as well as trying some two tapes. And four tape is really the ideal design, the third tape on either side of the six tape diapers just doesn't do much of anything, when I was still on the edge of my diapers size range I did occasionally have that little "gap" problem that a six tape could solve, but since I've lost some weight and gotten more firmly into the size range of my diapers that's no longer a problem and that feels like a problem that would kind of be a niche within a niche. Ultimately two tape diapers aren't secure enough for medical needs like mine, but six tapes are extra money for a tape that doesn't really add a whole lot to the diaper. Four tapes is goldilocks zone, heh.

off topic but I recall at one time there being an 8 tape diaper I seem to recall seeing from some diaper picture site from ages ago, could be my memory playing tricks on me though, either way the extra tapes really don't do a lot past 4

rennecfox said:
off topic but I recall at one time there being an 8 tape diaper I seem to recall seeing from some diaper picture site from ages ago, could be my memory playing tricks on me though, either way the extra tapes really don't do a lot past 4

Good gravy, was it a spider diaper? XD

SPIDER PANTS, SPIDER PANTS, uh...keeps you dry and not damp?

Maux said:
Ultimately two tape diapers aren't secure enough for medical needs like mine, but six tapes are extra money for a tape that doesn't really add a whole lot to the diaper. Four tapes is goldilocks zone, heh.

Yeah I'd agree with you about not finding two tape diapers not being very secure, I even found that despite me not being very mobile in terms of walking ability I found that when I tried them I could never get a snug enough fit there would be some sort of compromise, although I tend to wear a large size nappy because despite me being more of a medium in waist I can get a better fit and prefer a slightly higher rise in large

rennecfox said:
8 tapes, that just seems overkill to me

CuddleWoozle said:

I just sung that in my head to the Spider-Man theme tune 😃

CuddleWoozle said:
Good gravy, was it a spider diaper? XD

Every time I think of that song I hear The Ramones version of the original in my head.

https://youtu.be/i5P8lrgBtcU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back